1/48 Roy Focker Weathering Special

wolfx

But I thought that I heard that with the LV 1 you had to be careful for it would smudge or something like that???

:ph34r:

I would have sworn that I've read the same exact thing about the LV1's weathering.

And misterryno, they might indeed come out with a weathered 1/60 one day, I was just making a point that I personally wouldn't spend that much money just to have that particular 1/48.

-Kyp

I was just making a point that I personally wouldn't spend that much money just to have that particular 1/48.

-Kyp

Ohhhh I am soooooooo with you on that one.

If the Low vis 1 is any indication, the weathering should hold up fine.

Yeah, my LV1 never had any problems but I don't handle it a lot. I know that I've heard people complain it's a bit tacky so it does worse with being left on a shelf and covered with dust though. I've also seen people who removed the weathering intentionally because they thought it looked too blotchy and I've also heard people complain that there's had been smeared off over the years. I guess only time will tell how this weathering handles.

I almost bought an Lv1 that was like that because I didn't read the description closely. <_<

Phewww.....Gotta watch out for those tricky little devils.....good catch. So what do you think they did to get rid of the "weathering" on it?

The weathering on the LV1 is so crappy you can take it off with rubbing alcohol. Bad stuff.

I take back what I just posted. THANKS for the answer >EXO<...you know you're the BOMB!!! even though EVERYONE blames you

Well rubbing alcohol is hardly what i'd have laying around my valks anyway... :)

I don't touch my stuff unless I'm dusting my stuff with a dust blower so... maybe the occasional monthly transform when I'm bored of a mode...

Actually, the low vis looks the best in fighter IMO so I haven't transformed that in ages....

so after years of conflict free posting, Hurin is back to his usual self and drags up everything he can to try and prove his points....dude FYI, no one cares but you man, no one. i know you think the internet is serious business(your long replies would indicate you do) but the rest of the planet doesn't. this is what a wise man told me in regards to all messageboards...

"why do you even care?"

i know you'll have some long reply explaining and validing everything and how i'm always wrong and how you're always right but you're beating a dead horse. me being the dead horse that doesn't care if hes right or wrong and thinks everything is a conspiracy! :ph34r:

truth be told, you say i'm melodramatic but how else can you explain 3 pages of arguing all the while i wasn't even here! :lol:

so after years of conflict free posting, Hurin is back to his usual self and drags up everything he can to try and prove his points....dude FYI, no one cares but you man, no one. i know you think the internet is serious business(your long replies would indicate you do) but the rest of the planet doesn't. this is what a wise man told me in regards to all messageboards...

"why do you even care?"

i know you'll have some long reply explaining and validing everything and how i'm always wrong and how you're always right but you're beating a dead horse. me being the dead horse that doesn't care if hes right or wrong and thinks everything is a conspiracy! :ph34r:

truth be told, you say i'm melodramatic but how else can you explain 3 pages of arguing all the while i wasn't even here! :lol:

He was busy provoking me after I semi-backed you ^_^

EDIT----> But...we are here to talk about the toy....I've been "told".

Edited by misterryno

"why do you even care?"

No it will be short (for me). Don't call people a-holes (especially when they in no way deserve it). Don't call people fools (especially when they in no way deserve it). Try not to always need a boogey-man or a conspiracy theory for a toy being more expensive than you think is reasonable. People should be allowed to recommend valk dealers without you bizarrely attacking them. People should be allowed to discuss how much they are willing to pay without you bizarrely attacking them. People should be able to sell a super-rare valk without you calling them a-holes. And people should be able to buy a super-rare valk without you calling them fools.

And before certain folks with a "savior" and "fight the power" complex interpret that the wrong way. . . you and I both know I won't ban you merely for doing any of the above. I will merely point it out. And I will check your reasoning. And I will provide an alternative view. This, too, is also called having an "opinion." And when you respond as you did to reasonable criticizm of your opinion, I'll provide context as to why you didn't respond reasonably but with an attempt to turn it completely personal.

Wow, the 1/48 Weathered Roy looks great. :unsure::lol:

Seriously though...why is it selling for that much. I would rather buy a vintage Strike Valk for that price.

Seriously though...why is it selling for that much. I would rather buy a vintage Strike Valk for that price.

It's the mystery of it I guess. I do not know. I'm just guessing. It's one of those toys that just might end up extremely rare and people are willing to pay a premium for it.

If we think about it, don't people ask us all the time "You paid what for that toy?!?!?" :blink: When we want what we want we are willing to go to any lengths to get it.

Ever been in love or thought you were in love with a female and did some things you would never do under normal circumstances? Hey, it is what it is and when we develop tunnel vision it's hard to explain why we do what we do to get to the prize. B))

Edited by MacrossMan

some of the ebay auctions had them listed as WF exclusives. So if you're a hardcore fan or speculating, then it could/would be worth it.

That's why I hope that there's some sort of change done for the eventual yamato store release, to preserve the value for the buyers who bought it now.

If I didn't think it was going to be released to the "general" public later on, I think I might have been tempted to put down that kind of money. Especially a couple of years ago. Now... not so much, not only am I kinda burned out on the VF-1 but with the 1/60 looming, I just don't think I want to have that many dupes of the design.

It's the mystery of it I guess. I do not know. I'm just guessing. It's one of those toys that just might end up extremely rare and people are willing to pay a premium for it.

If we think about it, don't people ask us all the time "You paid what for that toy?!?!?" :blink: When we want what we want we are willing to go to any lengths to get it.

Ever been in love or thought you were in love with a female and did some things you would never do under normal circumstances? Hey, it is what it is and when we develop tunnel vision it's hard to explain why we do what do to get to the prize. B))

Soken from experience I see....I know what you mean....humans are funny that way.... ^_^

I take back what I just posted. THANKS for the answer >EXO<...you know you're the BOMB!!! even though EVERYONE blames you

There's a reason EXO gets blamed for everything here - Who do you think was responsible for the crappy weathering on the LV?

Edited by hirohawa

They'll always be those several hundreds of people with cash for toilet paper lying around that'd rather pay more than wait.

It's definitely not reflective of the majority of the market in general and I think yamato has learned that in the past...

People will ignore a release if it's unreasonable.

Yamato's little light bulbs are flickering on though. They actually started raising the price before they did "more"... even including the first 1/60 yf-19 release. That thing came with nothing. Now it seems all releases come with a stand and the kitchen sink. (VERY GOOD, BTW) I think they want to justify the rising price point and they're easing it in a bit by rounding out the package...all the while making more profit.

We all know that a simple weathering paint job doesn't cost that much... But they'll probably charge $20 bucks more for it... Even if they keep the price the same as any other 1/48, just the fact they found a way to sell another frackin 1/48 VF-1S, is $$$ cha-ching for them.

I suppose the ones available later through the web store could be different. But for the WonderFest exclusive, reports seem to indicate that there is a lot of tampo printing. The legs have the U.N. Spacy (yeah!). But there are some noted exceptions:

1. No 'UN SPACY' on the gun

2. No 'Kite' symbol on either side of fuselage under the cockpit (perhaps due to seam)

3. No 'No Steps'

4. ?

But looking at the hi-res images at this auction, it looks like they even printed (or pre-decaled?) the pilot name and tons of the little stuff. So, I'm personally quite impressed. I would have liked to have had the gun UN SPACY-ied. . . but maybe they didn't want to piss off the folks who prefer it not to be (accurately) upside-down in battroid mode.

I've always wanted a (1/48) VF-1 valkyrie with the "U.N. Spacy" printed on the legs. . . even after-market stickers/decals never looked quite right to me. Here's hoping we can get them some day.

H

Edit. . . the two high-res shots from that auction. Note the pilot name and intake markings on an (apparently) unopened item.

post-189-1204760478_thumb.jpg

post-189-1204760493_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hurin
'perhaps'

I suppose the ones available later through the web store could be different. But for the WonderFest exclusive, reports seem to indicate that there is a lot of tampo printing. The legs have the U.N. Spacy (yeah!).

If they were sold at WonderFest, I imagine those were from the production line so the web store versions should be the same. Unless Graham knows if Yamato is going to make some changes when they hit the web store.

Why do people act like seams prevent tampo printing? Toynami did tampo printing on the seams of their fast packs didn't they?

That particular seam can vary from valk to valk. Just deploying the landing gear (which presses up against the pilot seat for friction) causes expansion of that gap. For this reason, many have found it necessary to "slice" the "kite" sticker that is put there so that it can move freely. But the kite does get a little distorted by the gap. I believe these are tampo-printed before they are put together when the fuselage is in separate halves. So, given how variable that gap can be from valk to valk, they possibly don't tampo print it because (if they aren't very, very careful) the kite halves may not match up after the parts are put together. And, at least with a sticker, you can place it and slice it and be sure (after manufacturing) that it is straight, and undistorted. So, that's all guess-work. . . but that's why I and others hypothesize that the seam might be the cause. I assume there is some problem. Otherwise, I would think they would have tampo-printed it along with most of the other markings. That's not to say that no seam has ever been tampo-printed in the history of toy-making.

If they were sold at WonderFest, I imagine those were from the production line so the web store versions should be the same. Unless Graham knows if Yamato is going to make some changes when they hit the web store.

Just didn't want to say anything for certain until it is certain. It being only Q1, I figured there could be some changes (more or less tampo printing) between now and Q3 when they hit the web store. Perhaps even just to differentiate it from the WF "exclusive."

the No Steps are the most annoying to put on. Wonder why they didn't tampo print those as well.

Remember how upset everyone was with the crooked skulls on the tail fins when the VF-1S first came out in 1/48.

I would hate to think what would happen when the "NO STEP" is tampo'ed not parallel to the trailing edge on the wing. :wacko:

It would bother me to no end.

Yet, it would be great to have all marking right out of the box.

I wonder if anyone is trying to get a set of the shot glasses and then selling the Valk.

That particular seam can vary from valk to valk. Just deploying the landing gear (which presses up against the pilot seat for friction) causes expansion of that gap. For this reason, many have found it necessary to "slice" the "kite" sticker that is put there so that it can move freely. But the kite does get a little distorted by the gap. I believe these are tampo-printed before they are put together when the fuselage is in separate halves. So, given how variable that gap can be from valk to valk, they possibly don't tampo print it because (if they aren't very, very careful) the kite halves may not match up after the parts are put together. And, at least with a sticker, you can place it and slice it and be sure (after manufacturing) that it is straight, and undistorted. So, that's all guess-work. . . but that's why I and others hypothesize that the seam might be the cause. I assume there is some problem. Otherwise, I would think they would have tampo-printed it along with most of the other markings. That's not to say that no seam has ever been tampo-printed in the history of toy-making.

Yeah. so Toynami did it... if only Yamato did more things like Toynami, then the 1/48s would be as good as MPCs.

Yeah. so Toynami did it... if only Yamato did more things like Toynami, then the 1/48s would be as good as MPCs.

I think we can all agree there are no skills that Toynami has that Yamato shouldn't be able to trump handily.

drinking alone is so depressing...

:lol:

Not after a few drinks. I find it personally ironic that I haven't been drunk enough to bid on one of these ebay auctions. I fit in to the category of people, as member Nani?! points out, that uses cash to wipe with; however, I've wiped too much as of late.

Edited by Wicked Ace

Not after a few drinks. I find it personally ironic that I haven't been drunk enough to bid on one of these ebay auctions. I fit in to the category of people, as member Nani?! points out, that uses cash to wipe with; however, I've wiped too much as of late.

I prefer crack myself... :blink: