1/48 Roy Focker Weathering Special

wolfx

Interesting.

I picked one up for myself, just one because well living in Tokyo there just isn't enough room to have every 1/48 made on display in your room and have a place to keep the packaging. I want mine I deserve mine I stood in line for hours, and took tons of pictures for you guys. My coworker picked one up which was the one that sold for $456. He is not a Macross fan he just picked one up because I picked one up, and he had to deal with me going around looking for anything Macross to report back here.

So let me ask all of you this. Why is it that no body, not one single member asked me to pick a VF-1s Wethering Special before I went to Wonder Fest. I didn't get a single PM about a WS until after Wonder Fest was done and over with. This MW Tokyo based member (Me) does everything I can for the MW community and it sucks to read that I'm part of the so-called problem when it comes to scalpers and high priced items.

You want to blame somebody, think about it.

I had no idea until the pics were posted here, otherwise I would have sent a very polite PM with promises of yoshinal and an immediate paypal payment

To the fellow drunks on MW: if we need to form a support group, so that we don't buy one of these under the influence, then so be it. ;) If you feel the need to bid while your vision is blurry, then post up here; someone will respond to your cry for help. :lol:

I'm not sure that would be fast enough for some of our resident snipers. Perhaps a toll free line directly to our "sponsor"

To the fellow drunks on MW: if we need to form a support group, so that we don't buy one of these under the influence, then so be it. ;) If you feel the need to bid while your vision is blurry, then post up here; someone will respond to your cry for help. :lol:

All play aside, I have made purchases under the influence...I'm Macross Man...and I'm an Alco-I-Mean Valk-O-holic! I promise I was okay with shelling out over $500 for that weathered Roy last night. Devine intervention played a part in my not getting him I think. Because the astronomical prices are starting to become funny. Even if they might be justified for a certified "exclusive" piece.

All play aside, I have made purchases under the influence...I'm Macross Man...and I'm an Alco-I-Mean Valk-O-holic! I promise I was okay with shelling out over $500 for that weathered Roy last night. Devine intervention played a part in my not getting him I think. Because the astronomical prices are starting to become funny. Even if they might be justified for a certified "exclusive" piece.

All play aside, instead of spending $500 U.S. on one of these, one can simply buy a standard Roy -1S, sticker/decal it, then let it sit for a month without dusting; it'll look just as weathered, guaranteed. ^_^

All play aside, instead of spending $500 U.S. on one of these, one can simply buy a standard Roy -1S, sticker/decal it, then let it sit for a month without dusting; it'll look just as weathered, guaranteed. ^_^

Or go change the oil in your car! skip the hand washing afterwards. Then go TF it a few times until you get the desired look

Or go change the oil in your car! skip the hand washing afterwards. Then go TF it a few times until you get the desired look

I'm being serious. Instead of paying a high price on ebay, just send your Valkyrie + $100 U.S. to me, and I'll do a custom weathering job by placing your item on my magic weathering table. All these are getting weathered as I type. :lol:

pb240016re3.jpg

I like most others that frequent this site, didn't know about the WF version until we saw the pics. Which by that time was too late. If anyone is to blame(and there isn't) its Yamato for making a cool limited toy that many of us overseas guys want, but appears that we won't be able to get without selling a few vital organs. I just that Yamato makes a general release of this toy because I think that it would be a great sale and a wasted opportunity.

And SaveRobotech thanks again for the pics. Your time and effort are greatly appreciated. I don't think that it fair that you may feel attacked by others comments.

WA, does your weathering process come allergy free?

Edited by Golden Arms

It seems like your assembly line is a little time consuming. I could crank them out faster, and I'll only charge 50.00. Just send your valks a whatever brand of 10-40W you want me to use.

Ah, ah, ah. My assembly line is bigger than could be captured in one pic. I am particularly proud of the weathing on the TV.

pb240028bk7.jpg

Oh, and Golden Arms, these are allergy free, as long as you keep them in the boxes in which they are shipped.

You want to blame somebody, think about it.

Now now i don't think anyone should be pointing fingers and blaming anybody.

In everyone's defence nobody knew about the weathered VF-1S until 1-2 days before the event cuz before that it was still hush hush and only info about it was a "special" battroid sillhoutte of the 1/48 on Yamato's site. And also i think we're all nice enough not to bother other ppl with our selfish requests. :D

Ebay prices are what they are. People are willing to bid for the price, they bid it and it'll go up. Its not the seller's fault if the price is alot higher than retail....and yea of course they wanna make some profit of it otherwise nobody will bother selling on ebay.

BUI...Bidding Under the Influence...guilty as charged! :lol:

Hurin & DND,

Did you 2 get it all out of your system now? I would like to say that I'm not gonna take sides...but the truth of the matter is this...DND had his "opinion", just like EVERYONE does, and we all know about "opinons". "Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one and they all stink." Hurin...if you were personally offended by what DND said...you should no better than to retort...your a Mod for gods sake. Actually...if ANYONE took offense to what DND's "opinion" was...MAN UP or WOMAN UP...whatever gender you are. Seriously now...we are all adults here and if there are no "personal" attacks...then just chill the f* out. This constant bickering back and forth no matter what topic you are in is just boring. Especially when the Mod strikes the first blow by not being able to take someones "opinion" for what it is...an "opinion".

:ph34r:

but you are taking sides... :huh:

Which is fine... but why proclaim that you won't and then do it right after?

:mellow::lol::mellow:

LMAO :lol::lol::lol: That is why I said

I would like to say that I'm not gonna take sides

EDIT-----> Cause I really am...to a point...just supporting "opinions"

Edited by misterryno

Ah, ah, ah. My assembly line is bigger than could be captured in one pic. I am particularly proud of the weathing on the TV.

pb240028bk7.jpg

Oh, and Golden Arms, these are allergy free, as long as you keep them in the boxes in which they are shipped.

Frick all that! How much for that Stealth YF-19??? :blink:

EDIT-----> Cause I really am...to a point...just supporting "opinions"

Actually, you appear to be only supporting the posting of certain types of "opinions."

Hurin...if you were personally offended by what DND said...you should no better than to retort...your a Mod for gods sake.

Well, first, I'm an admin. Second, who cares? While I agree that staff shouldn't engage in nakedly flaming people (and over recent months and years the staff has actually gotten quite a bit more cordial and less prone to doing so than it was years ago), staff are still entitled to their opinions as well and are welcome to contribute to discussions. Please note that I substantively addressed several flaws in DND/haterist's point of view ("every smart Japanese Macross collector" putting these on Ebay would actually be good for prices, etc.) while also placing his "opinion" in the context of several of his past similar "opinions." Now, you're a relative newcomer. So I don't blame you. . . but you sorta had to be there when (among many other episodes) haterist used to blame anyone who discussed a toy price on these forums for Yamato charging what they do. In post after post, he demanded (even in his signature) that everyone stop mentioning prices. Even going so far as to call people "a-holes" who didn't bow to his decree. Of course, it's hard for you new guys to see what he used to write (aside from where he is quoted by others) since he changed hundreds of his own incriminating posts to "Hurin is a FAG!" long ago. :lol:

Actually...if ANYONE took offense to what DND's "opinion" was...MAN UP or WOMAN UP...whatever gender you are. Seriously now...we are all adults here and if there are no "personal" attacks...then just chill the f* out. This constant bickering back and forth no matter what topic you are in is just boring. Especially when the Mod strikes the first blow by not being able to take someones "opinion" for what it is...an "opinion".

Interesting. Haterist can have an opinion. You can have an opinion about my opinion of haterist's opinion. But I'm not supposed to post my opinion in the first place. That's a very interesting model you've set up there.

But since we're making this about "MANNING UP" now, here's an alternative view: it's essentially "unmanly" or "unwomanly" to shy away from all disagreement and conflict screaming: "Please mom and dad! Stop fighting! You make me sad!" When people express opinions, people will disagree. And they will argue. Some will argue better than others and some will sometimes feel angry when they can't just accept that they may have mispoken or said something unwise. So, they will just hedge, and obfuscate, and eventually play the victim. And, then, of course, there will be the "above-it-all" peacemakers who drop in just to talk about how nobody should ever fight. But, to borrow from your nomenclature and style, those people should probably "grow a pair."

Best,

H

Actually, you appear to be only supporting the posting of certain types of "opinions."

You must not have understood what I said so I will be happy to state it again. "Opinions are like a$$holes. Everyone has one...and the ALL stink." I support ALL "opinions"...not once did I ever state that you were wrong in any way with your "opinions".

And, then, of course, there will be the "above-it-all" peacemakers who drop in just to talk about how nobody should ever fight. But, to borrow from your nomenclature and style, those people should probably "grow a pair."

So....am I this peacemaker you speak of. If so...then I know I don't need to grow a pair and I can clearly show you that if you would like. And to top it off...I "drop in" for MANY reasons...not just to talk about how nobody should ever fight. I like fighting...if there's a fight...I'll finish it...regardless of who started it. Just because your an Admin. does'nt make you any better than the rest of us. Remember that.

Some will argue better than others and some will sometimes feel angry when they can't just accept that they may have mispoken or said something unwise.

And some will keep talking about it long after it should be let go in long-winded and unnecessary responses subtly meant to encourage more arguing...

And some will keep talking about it long after it should be let go in long-winded and unnecessary responses subtly meant to encourage more arguing...

I do feel encouraged :lol::lol::lol:

eguimon,

Sorry mate...I don't know when these are to come out. Hopefully soon...that way all those "Focker lovers" will be able to get this to help there "Focker collection". Even if they came out with a weathered M&M's or Strike Hikky...I still could'nt see gettin one...at least not for an OUTRAGEOUS price.

You must not have understood what I said so I will be happy to state it again. "Opinions are like a$$holes. Everyone has one...and the ALL stink." I support ALL "opinions"...not once did I ever state that you were wrong in any way with your "opinions".

Except, of course, for the part where you told me I never should have stated it in the first place. Thusly:

Hurin...if you were personally offended by what DND said...you should no better than to retort...your a Mod for gods sake.

Or the part where you said that people who feel offended should just "Man up" and ignore it. Because you find such things "boring." Quite simply, that's you stating (again) that certain opinions and viewpoints shouldn't be posted according to your sensibilities.

And yet now you somehow claim that I didn't understand you and that you would never say such a thing? Wow. So. . . that's the sort of intellectual honesty I can expect from you when I disagree with you? Lovely. I guess I now see why your sympathies lay where they do.

So....am I this peacemaker you speak of. If so...then I know I don't need to grow a pair and I can clearly show you that if you would like. And to top it off...I "drop in" for MANY reasons...not just to talk about how nobody should ever fight. I like fighting...if there's a fight...I'll finish it...regardless of who started it. Just because your an Admin. does'nt make you any better than the rest of us. Remember that.

Oh, I see, you seem to think that you are in a "speaking truth to power" mode here and that somehow my role as Admin is coloring my behavior or posting style. Again, you're new. I suggest you look back on my post history. I haven't been an admin all that long (somewhere around a year).

As for those "encouraging" you. . . keep in mind that people will know you by the company you keep. In threads like this that take this turn, it has always been quite common for those who haven't fared well in prior arguments/disagreements with me to take the opportunity to take a pot-shot or two. Doesn't trouble me much. Especially given the hypocrisy of it.

Anyways, you can go on thinking that this is "you against the Admin". . . but it's not. I've never banned anyone or been accused of using my Admin powers inappropriately. And I'm sure most of those who've been around long enough to know would agree that since I've become an Admin, if anything, I've softened.

Well mate...it would seem as if this is happening again...LMAO :lol::lol::lol:

Well mate...it would seem as if this is happening again...LMAO :lol::lol::lol:

Hmmmm. . . you attempted to have a point. That point was addressed. You then attempted to salvage what you were saying in an intellectually dishonest way. I pointed out the dishonesty of it. . . and now you're making vapid posts like this, hypocritically continuing to derail the thread and perpetuate the arguing.

Yep. . . that's pretty much the way it usually goes with you guys.

Let's get back to the toy.

Hmmmm. . . you attempted to have a point. That point was addressed. You then attempted to salvage what you were saying in an intellectually dishonest way. I pointed out the dishonesty of it. . . and now you're making vapid posts like this, hypocritically continuing to derail the thread and perpetuate the arguing.

Yeah. . . that's pretty much the way it usually goes with you guys.

Let's get back to the toy.

Well.....at least I can see why you may have been called names in the past. ^_^

As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather just buy the 1/60 version when it comes out and have it "weathered" by one of the customizers here if I really wanted something like this. Even if I had the money to blow, I still wouldn't pay $300-500 for that. There's far too many other cool Macross Valks coming our way that I'd rather spend the money on.

-Kyp

In an off topic flame war, you get sucked into the Tezuka Zone:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a5CH_y_AuxI

There. We've all been "Owned!!!11" (along with millions of years of evolution). End of story.

What I want to know is how much new tampo this thing has. Can you share any info SaveRobotech?

Weathering looks interesting. I wonder if it'll smudge off with handling like the low vis v1 (no, I won't let go of mine, so there! :p ). Not a must have for me. I prefer my stuff to be pristine. Whether that be prop replicas or toys.

And twoducks... My brain bleeds after having watched that. It's omgwtfmeteo!

In an off topic flame war, you get sucked into the Tezuka Zone:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a5CH_y_AuxI

There. We've all been "Owned!!!11" (along with millions of years of evolution). End of story.

What I want to know is how much new tampo this thing has. Can you share any info SaveRobotech?

I'll watch that vid when I get home from work...I hope my brain does'nt start bleeding :unsure: .

yeah, I'm kinda concerned as to how well that weathering will hold up. It probably won't matter for me though, if I get one, it will probably stay in fighter mode.

I would say that I am concerned about this as well....but....since I am not getting one I don't care.....but....I am guessing that it won't be as wonderful as we think it may be. If I WERE to EVER get one (which I won't) it would stay in fighter mode as well. Weathering just is'nt as cool in Battroid for some reason.

Kyp,

Don't you think that since they have came out with this 1/48 weathered and since it is selling like hot cakes that they will prob. come out with a weathered v2 1/60 for mass production? I bet they will.

If the Low vis 1 is any indication, the weathering should hold up fine.

But I thought that I heard that with the LV 1 you had to be careful for it would smudge or something like that???