1/48 Roy Focker Weathering Special

wolfx

I want to add this thing to my collection really badly. However, with all other awesome releases coming up (like the 21) if it's not available through some form of normal retailer (like hlj) I may just have to wave good bye. It's awesome but not 300+ bucks awesome.

Please don't ^_^ The drama is what keeps the MW forums alive. :D

:ph34r:

if you want drama, come by and hang out with my woman, you'll love it and her. :lol:

drama can be fun but its usually just page after page of stupid comments that have nothing to do with the topic at hand...much like this one. :D

im sure this weathered valk will not be difficult to get down the road.

I dont know. It could go either way. It sure sounds exclusive now but it may end up being quite available later on or not. I wonder if it is a limited production number. Graham master flash, do you know if this is a limited number production valk?

As to the question about whether or not Yamato's distributions have been similar in the past there are only three valks that got odd treatment:

1) LV1 was limited in supply right from the get-go but it could be ordered by whatever company (in the greater Japan neighborhood) wanted to sell them.

2) CannonFodder VF-1A had some funky ordering convention that made sellers think it was going to be limited edition... either that or sellers just all got shady and tried to scare every one into preordering. Maybe one of our resident sellers could explain what all that hooplah was but it seemed that Yamato made everyone order in a different manner than usual which caused some buzz.

3) CF 1/60 TRU was obviously only available at TRU.

In the end all became readily available. This seems like we'll probably get hit with at least a bit of a premium as it sounds like you'll have to pay shipping twice, once to the re-seller in Japan's house and then again to you. Hopefully we have some crafty sellers here (Kevin?) who have friends in the area who can get a big bulk buy together and then ship them via boat to us so the premium isn't too high.

I have re-thought what I think these will go for on ebay right now. Because not many people (in america at least) know about this product outside of MW, I am going to guess that at least a few ebay members will think that it is even more exclusive than it is. I am going to guess that they each fetch $600.

Hopefully we have some crafty sellers here (Kevin?) who have friends in the area who can get a big bulk buy together and then ship them via boat to us so the premium isn't too high.

That would be great! If someone here could make them reasonably priced then I would consider getting one.

I have re-thought what I think these will go for on ebay right now. Because not many people (in america at least) know about this product outside of MW, I am going to guess that at least a few ebay members will think that it is even more exclusive than it is. I am going to guess that they each fetch $600.

Hey cut that out Miriya! Only a Sith could afford prices like that :ph34r: Let's hope for real world prices here...

you guys sure sound like youre all panicking :lol: . think about the limited low vis, was it hard to find one? relax

Charge my over zealouness for wanting it right away to ignorance. I wasn't around or collecting when the limited low viz came out and have no idea if they were easy to come by or not, altough I do them in most of the collections of members on the site. :huh:

Charge my over zealouness for wanting it right away to ignorance. I wasn't around or collecting when the limited low viz came out and have no idea if they were easy to come by or not, altough I do them in most of the collections of members on the site. :huh:

seriously, you need to control your valkaholism :lol: you are at the worst stage J/K

I just spoke with Yamato about an hour ago and they said it is not just a Wonder Festival exclusive, but will also be sold through their online web-shop.

Here's another photo from MWer: SaveRoobotech.

Graham

Bottom line - Will it be available through wholesale from Yamato or other Yamato distributors?

seriously, you need to control your valkaholism :lol: you are at the worst stage J/K

:lol: That's like telling a crackhead to put down the pipe man! I have a problem and I'll admit it, but don't make me confront it just yet. I'm not ready to face that beast...I'm too weak. Yamato could probably release a weathered gunpod at this point and I would want it! :blink:

Edited by MacrossMan

Bottom line - Will it be available through wholesale from Yamato or other Yamato distributors?

Yo Kevin, I want to get into the Yamato game. Tell me how. Two reasons. I am addicted to this stuff and if I can get wholesale prices I guarantee a few of each release for myself, and at the same time help save us guys stateside some money on the extortionist shipping rates from the second hand sellers.

MacrossMan, that's probably something you should PM someone about.

I have to agree. It's probably a fat chance of a getting in on the action; nothing fails but a try. Way off topic so my apologies guys, but I do plan on getting the weathered Roy if the price stays reasonable.

Just wanted to shed some light on the subject.

Did I get one at WF2008? Yes

What was the price? 17000 ï¿¥ = to $159.00

What did it come with: Toy comes in regular VF-1S box with Blue Weathering slipcover, placed in a Macross 20th Anniversary Yamato plastic bag.

Any thing else come with it: If you purchased at the Macross Museum you also got a Macross drinking glass that has the kite symbol and valk etched in to the glass. Yeah Yeah where the pic. Coming soon blah blah blah.

How many did you get: 1

Did the advance sale sell out: Yes

Are you selling it: No, but my coworker picked up one and I'm selling his guess where you can find it.

Will you help MW members getting online orders: I will do what I can but I cant get one for everybody.

Why: Shipping 1/48 are a pain in the :blink:

So until Yamato puts up order details and more is known on delivery cost and the number I can order, as of now please hold on sending pick up request.

Congrats on your purchase SR. :D

I wonder how many people will want one... so sucks to be a non living in Tokyo personage now.

I'd add nice fake bullet holes on there. Perfect Pineapple Salad release, dead set right VenomMacbeth. :lol:

Skull Leader VF-1S "PINEAPPLE SALAD" special. ;)
Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I've got no problem with the ones currently available. They probably weren't easy to get so why not make a buck? I just wish that when these were released to the general public they were actually made available to the general public.

Like you, I have no problem with willing participants voluntarily exchanging goods for currency. I also have a hard time getting worked up at a toy company for not making something. . . or not making more of it for people outside their targeted market.

They'll manufacture however many they decide is best for their business needs. And they will be worth whatever they are worth to the people that eventually buy them. And nobody is going to hold a gun to anybody's head and force them to pay more than they are willing to pay of their own free will.

:mellow: