1/48 Roy Focker Weathering Special

wolfx

You're talking about Yamato Japan, who has said nothing about a re-release IN Japan.

I'm talking about guessing local dealers here have posted pinups and preorders for it [ inserts ] HOPING [ / inserts ] someone will release the non-sold leftovers sitting at the factory at a later date.

I did not remember seeing the words "limited edition" printed on the sleeve either but someone please correct me if wrong.

FACT: Most toys, and stuff in general, are produced with a minimum production run of each part to amortize cost.

I can tell you most Chinese printers print ~ 2500-3000 pieces of boxes, manuals, cardboards, etc... at minimum per order regardless of how many toys you make. You can store the boxes, scrap it or add it back to the cost to make up for it.

You can put two and two together.

---

That still looks great for the level of custom work.

this is what save said...

Get you money and fast! Over-Drive gets tons of product releases direct from Yamato several times a week and Yamato has never (trust me I've asked) in any way shape or form said it will be released in September or any time in the future.

we need graham for once and for all to set the real deal about this

Edited by Vegas Valkyrie

all this talk about the roy weathering made me finally open my own valk

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

i noticed that the head lasers, thrusters and engine covers were silver and the landing gears had weathering treatment aswell.

i also notice on the right side of the canopy it say's "pilot M. FALLEINA" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh my! Fantastically straight fins!!! And how funny is that on the pilot M. Falleina? Hey maybe it was done on purpose as an indicator to give these things more charm? I love it and would not change it. The pics are on point as usual. Thanks for sharing this one with us less fortunate weatherless blokes!

:D

OO

i also notice on the right side of the canopy it say's "pilot M. FALLEINA" :lol::lol::lol:

NO $HIT!!! :lol: That is tooooooo funny. Can you take a close up pic of that. Anyone else out there with this "issue"? I wonder why!?!

BTW V V.......awesome lighting....I like how the background is colorful. ^_^

:ph34r:

Edited by misterryno

Wow! I was quoted! :D

For those of you curious, I did get mine and that's what it cost me (19425 yen plus dinner for my coworkers). Still sitting in it's box after being in the overhead bin on the trip back. Probably going to stay there a while too, just like all my other valks. ^_^

NO $HIT!!! :lol: That is tooooooo funny. Can you take a close up pic of that. Anyone else out there with this "issue"? I wonder why!?!

BTW V V.......awesome lighting....I like how the background is colorful. ^_^

thanks

sorry i dont have what solscud used for his extreme macro shots :lol:

about the background being colorful....i adjusted the brightness and contrast basically

Edited by Vegas Valkyrie

Yesterday Yamato had an open house type event (funny thing is I actually work across the street from them and I didn't even know it) anyways back to the topic. Takashi from Over-Drive asked about if there will be a second batch of VF-1s Weathering Specials made and the official answer is NO, NADA!

We said there are some sites taking pre-orders and that they will be due in August or September.

Yamato said as far as Yamato Japan goes they will not be producing any more, they are light heatedly considering possibly making a limited numbered VF-1J Weathering Special but they didn't say in what scale or if it will ever really be made. The VF-1s Weathering Specials are done.

So if VF-1s Weathering Specials start coming out of China, they will not be ones sanctioned by Yamato Japan.

So there you have it the "official word".

Edited by Save

Yesterday Yamato had an open house type event (funny thing is I actually work across the street from them and I didn't even know it) anyways back to the topic. Takashi from Over-Drive asked about if there will be a second batch of VF-1s Weathering Specials made and the official answer is NO, NADA!

We said there are some sites taking pre-orders and that they will be due in August or September.

Yamato said as far as Yamato Japan goes they will not be producing any more, they are light heatedly considering possibly making a limited numbered VF-1J Weathering Special but they didn't say in what scale or if it will ever really be made. The VF-1s Weathering Specials are done.

So if VF-1s Weathering Specials start coming out of China, they will not be ones sanctioned by Yamato Japan.

So there you have it the "official word".

Too bad, I would have loved to have one of these to fill out my 1/48 collection. I didn't have any contacts in Japan and there is no way I will pay $550 on eBay for one. Oh well. Maybe when they are not "new" anymore auction pricing will level out at something a little more reasonable.

Vegas Valk,

nice factory variant!!! a little advice on the lighting. I think you need more light on the valk. the background is nice and bright but it contrasts so much with the valk that some detail seems lost. Also you can use the file loope trick I did to show the M. Falleina decal.

Vegas Valk,

nice factory variant!!! a little advice on the lighting. I think you need more light on the valk. the background is nice and bright but it contrasts so much with the valk that some detail seems lost. Also you can use the file loope trick I did to show the M. Falleina decal.

thanks for the advice solscud, yah i do need more light, i only got 2 side lamps that night.

can you pls take a pic of that "M. Falleina decal"?

and where can i buy that file loope?

thanks for the advice solscud, yah i do need more light, i only got 2 side lamps that night.

can you pls take a pic of that "M. Falleina decal"?

and where can i buy that file loope?

are you asking me to take a picture of the "M. Falleina" decal? if so, sorry I cant. cause mine is correct.

here is the pic I posted earlier of my cockpit titleing. it says "Pilot R.Focker"

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/1831/dsc00832oa0.jpg

You can get the film loope, probably at any photostore. like maybe ritz camera

here you go

http://www.ritzcamera.com/product/22166086...rkroom-supplies

Edited by Solscud007

are you asking me to take a picture of the "M. Falleina" decal? if so, sorry I cant. cause mine is correct.

Well there ya go Vegas......yours is a LIMITED limited edition! With that little mistake it may make yours worth that much more.

mine says r. focker also too but other the side says m. falleina

ill get that loupe since its cheap

thanks again

Well there ya go Vegas......yours is a LIMITED limited edition! With that little mistake it may make yours worth that much more.

mine must be super rare or a knockoff :lol:

anyway are here some pics...thanks to solscud for that loupe trick

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

Edited by Vegas Valkyrie

Is there any difference at all between the show special and the limited release Weathering Specials? Packaging? Anything?

I am considering spending "all the money" on one and the seller isn't sure if there is a difference at all and doesn't know if it is an actual show special or not.

Any help would be apreciated

thanx

sqidd

yeah i just double checked. both sides say Pilot R.Focker.

Well Vagas......that confirms it.....yours is DEFINETLY a fake. I will be a very very good friend to you and give you $200 USD shipped for it. ;)