1/48 Roy Focker Weathering Special

wolfx

Remember how upset everyone was with the crooked skulls on the tail fins when the VF-1S first came out in 1/48.

I would hate to think what would happen when the "NO STEP" is tampo'ed not parallel to the trailing edge on the wing. :wacko:

It would bother me to no end.

Yet, it would be great to have all marking right out of the box.

I wonder if anyone is trying to get a set of the shot glasses and then selling the Valk.

Or even worse, they could misspell it a la "Excalivor".

Who would want a valk that said "HO STEP" or "NO STOP" tampoed on the wings

so won't we be able to order these anywhere?

As far as I understand you won't be able to unless you live in Japan. THAT'S UNTHINKABLE!!!

:ph34r:

One of the biggest beefs collectors had when roy was first reissued was that:

"OH NO, NOW YAMATO HAS SCREWED OVER THE COLLECTOR. I DON'T WANT THEM TO REISSUE ROY BECAUSE NOW IT'S DEVALUED THE TOY!11"

Because of this I'm glad that there are some valks that are hard to get for these guys, so that way they can't complain when normal paint schemes are reissued and they can justify the high price. It allows people who were new to collecting the valks to still be able to get the normal releases long after the early adopters have bought everything want, (no shortages of popular mecha) without complaints that yamato is screwing over the collector by reissuing things.

But having just said that. Man I wish they made a fully tampo printed Roy with weathering..:p

But all the upcoming stuff is more then enough for me.

good thing I have friends in japan. ^_^

My friend in Japan has gotten married and is having a child. So I really have'nt been able to get ahold of him :( . Ahhhhh life.....it's a wonderful roller coaster ride. ^_^

:ph34r:

Let's be friend eugimon. That way your friend can get your friend a weathered Roy. ^_^

I'll see what I can do for members here who are interested. My friend is NOT a toy/anime friend though.. he does freelance production/translation (he works a lot of jobs and is very busy as a result) work so I don't know how keen he'll be to do this.

I'd be interested also eugimon, if it can happen. What is the real price for these...not the E-bay price?

OT, anyone know where/how we can get those Macross T-shirts that are in the background of the pictures that we've been seeing? I love the UN Spacey shirt!!!

Chris

I'd be interested also eugimon, if it can happen. What is the real price for these...not the E-bay price?

OT, anyone know where/how we can get those Macross T-shirts that are in the background of the pictures that we've been seeing? I love the UN Spacey shirt!!!

Chris

Well, if it happens, please keep in mind that it won't be through wholesale. So I would be paying full retailing, shipping from japan and then shipping again to whoever. So, very limited number of units, I would need payment upfront and the prices are likely to be high but high due to shipping costs. I'm not interested in trying to make money off of this, but I do expect to break even for every unit (other than mine) which I bring in. I'll post up a proper thread in the for sale section if I do this. Please don't PM me on this at this point. Thanks.

Well, if it happens, please keep in mind that it won't be through wholesale. So I would be paying full retailing, shipping from japan and then shipping again to whoever. So, very limited number of units, I would need payment upfront and the prices are likely to be high but high due to shipping costs. I'm not interested in trying to make money off of this, but I do expect to break even for every unit (other than mine) which I bring in. I'll post up a proper thread in the for sale section if I do this. Please don't PM me on this at this point. Thanks.

dude youre a hero...... a saviour! i wanna be your friend too ^_^

What about Rob AKA Samurai Monkey? Isn't he in Japan? He offers valks for sell occasionally, he might have the ability to help us out too. I think it's a wee bit early to try to make arrangements. Wake this thread in six months.

Eugimon, you're cooler than the other side of the pillow. Let's know when and if you're able to make this happen. I most definitely in it for one. Thanks! B))

Graham master flash is in Hong Kong, right? But of course being "in bed with" Yamato he will probably have access to these weathered specials.

And the inevitable proverbial refrain, "Graham is probably playing with it right nowâ„¢!"

he's probably bombarded with requests too

What about Rob AKA Samurai Monkey? Isn't he in Japan? He offers valks for sell occasionally, he might have the ability to help us out too. I think it's a wee bit early to try to make arrangements. Wake this thread in six months.