Bandai 1/72 Scale Macross Frontier Plastic Models

Graham

That's why I don't plan on getting a VF-27 in any form---too similar to my Nora, both design and color-wise. (If the Sv-51 and VF-25 had kids, they'd look like a VF-27)

PS--with the number of "design schematics" we see in the margins of the model and toy previews---there better be a "Kawamori design works #3" coming out soon...

That's why I don't plan on getting a VF-27 in any form---too similar to my Nora, both design and color-wise. (If the Sv-51 and VF-25 had kids, they'd look like a VF-27)

PS--with the number of "design schematics" we see in the margins of the model and toy previews---there better be a "Kawamori design works #3" coming out soon...

More like if the YF-24 and the VF-22 had kids. Seeing as the VF-25 has a wing structure different form the YF-24 but the one on the VF-27 is nearly identical to the 24 expect that it adds the wing engines. The general outline of the 27 has been said to take from the VF-22 including the use of 3 dimensional thrust vectoring. I'd say the transformation mechanics that the YF-24 has (and thus what the VF-25 and VF-27 have) being derived from both the SV-51 and the YF-19 and the fact that it is purple like Nora's plane is the only thing really linking the 27 to the SV-51.

The feet and canards are almost identical between the -27 and -51. Plus the "very long, very thin gunpod"

There are some design aesthetics that do hearken to the 51, true. The gunpod is like that because it is actually an energy converging beam gun. It also has a rapid fire mode but it is still energy based rather than projectile like normal gunpods.

The holographic cybernetic piloting interface seems reminiscent of the YF-21's BDI system but more advanced. Also the 27 moves at speeds a normal human can't handle so only cybernetically augmented pilots like Brera can fly it.

I am definitely getting it--it's the 1/60 I'm still undecided on (Full armor is the clincher--I demand FULL armor for the 1/60).

I'd probably get Alto for the kit, Ozma for the 1/60. Unless a valk with even cooler markings shows up.

The blue coloured canopy... please, please, please let this be a pre-production version. I should be thin, transparent, and clear, not tinted. This one looks thick, semi-opaque, and toy-blue. As for the VF-27, BRING IT ON!!!

The blue coloured canopy... please, please, please let this be a pre-production version. I should be thin, transparent, and clear, not tinted. This one looks thick, semi-opaque, and toy-blue. As for the VF-27, BRING IT ON!!!

I think these are still the prototypes from Shizuoka. So we will have to wait til the end of August to see what the final kits will look like.

I have a Yamato brand Qued on my shelf right now.

I do too. I like that figure a lot. It would be great if Yamato released a SDFM TV version green Quedluun Rau though. And that could compete with Bandai's Frontier QRau.

That's just a QRau drawing is the generic Macross section. I will not take that as any hint about possible model or toy release.

Ah. . .

Well that is too bad but maybe there is still hope. It could be a hint?

I would love for Bandai to make a Frontier QuedluunRau with a Klan Klan figure to pilot it.

Of course in addition to Yamato releasing a SDFM green QRau.

It looks like this model suffers from the same problem I'm having building the Daedalus in some areas, "anime magic." The gear is so large it would take up the whole nose if it folded inward (pilot and cockpit optional)! :lol:

I can see the hands being removable, many kits have aftermarket parts followings to improve appearance. The gear and other potential parts being removeable would be a drag. It's still prototyped though... - MT

Guys, step back for a second. This is a model, not a toy. Models are more for display pieces and for suffering the scrutiny of customization. Toys are meant to be played with. This is why we have the Chogokin line and the model line. Your Chogokins are toys. Models are displays. Removable hands and parts are acceptable in models.

from here it says the model is due out in august:

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?s=&a...st&p=632521

that's not a lot of time for them to be making modifications. i hope they push it back and work it just a bit more.

Totally agree with you, besides I need more time to collect the money :lol:

So since this is released by Bandai, I assumed it will be a snap-kit (no glue?) with some colored part.

(Ok, I had to read all the post on this thread so probably I miss some information or two, so here's some raw Tuna to smack my head with...) ^_^

So since this is released by Bandai, I assumed it will be a snap-kit (no glue?) with some colored part.

Probably will be.

Wow these are going to require hours of fillng and sanding to get rid of all those enormous gaps in the fit.

Complain, complain, complain...

Wow these are going to require hours of fillng and sanding to get rid of all those enormous gaps in the fit.

Yuk

Wow! I'm afraid it looks like it will take a lot more than just filling and sanding to get this model looking right!! I'm so deparate to WANT to like this thing, I'm really disappointed with each successive photo I'm seeing - its looking more and more toylike. Yeah, that side on view on Photo no. 2 looks horribly gangly to the point where I don't know what to do to the proportions to make it look anywhere acceptable. The gears are horribly fat and lumpy for a 1/72 scale, similar to the EX version 1.0 of the Yukikaze (but that was 1/100 so they had an excuse) - but as far as I'm concerned, the gears for this 1/72 are pretty much un-useable for a model (maybe for a toy). Don't get me started on the wheel wells, yeah, they stuck a bunch of detail in there, but its so shallow, its a lot of work and time to cut it out and deepen it and re-build the side wells with details that are convincing (shallow wells were a thing of the 70s past model evils). Again, maybe if it were a toy that might be acceptable, but comon! hey its a model! I'm so bummed out! I love the mech design and this is all we get?!! Maybe I'll calm down a little later and look at them again, but its awfully close that that Bandai VF-2SS they put out a while back (complete with the coloured canopy)!