The only thing that I would change about it's design would be removing that thing thats blocking the front view from the cockpit and it should really be reintroduced as the YF-15 / YF-16 and put into an anime that takes place circa 2030.

Sorry for my ramblings but as it is now we will never see it as a nice detailed valk in the 1/60 scale.

@DarrinG if you google you can find the Macross II anime.

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

The only thing that I would change about it's design would be removing that thing thats blocking the front view from the cockpit and it should really be reintroduced as the YF-15 / YF-16 and put into an anime that takes place circa 2030.

Sorry for my ramblings but as it is now we will never see it as a nice detailed valk in the 1/60 scale.

@DarrinG if you google you can find the Macross II anime.

I always imagined, if it were to be shoehorned back into the Nue continuity, Mac 2 would be as a lost emigration fleet that fell into a system at the heart of a briar patch fold fault. Stuck and left to fend for itself for decades. Zentradi ships would be fitted with fold quarts by the protoculture and could navigate through faults without notice.

Humanity would have "upgraded" or "repaired" their own Zentradi fleets and remove the quartz as having no useful value as they understood it. Thus undoing the already solved fold fault problem and creating a new one for themselves. This in turn strands the emigration fleet.

Cut off from the Galaxy Network they would have to develop their own next gen variable fighters and mecha.

Edited by Zinjo

I always imagined, if it were to be shoehorned back into the Nue continuity, Mac 2 would be as a lost emigration fleet that fell into a system at the heart of a briar patch fold fault. Stuck and left to fend for itself for decades. Zentradi ships would be fitted with fold quarts by the protoculture and could navigate through faults without notice.

Humanity would have "upgraded" or "repaired" their own Zentradi fleets and remove the quartz as having no useful value as they understood it. Thus undoing the already solved fold fault problem and creating a new one for themselves. This in turn strands the emigration fleet.

Cut off from the Galaxy Network they would have to develop their own next gen variable fighters and mecha.

That's a cool idea. Independent development and different priorities would have lead to a more space-based Valkyrie. I like it.

That would work for me. ^_^