Maxfactory's Figma Line

wolfx

Always wanted a Figma Samus, but the aftermarket prices is just crazy..

This new Samus is available at Hobby-Genki:

https://hobby-genki.com/en/figma/20238-figma-samus-aran-dread-ver-metroid-dread-2nd-batch-november-2023-4580590171206.html

Will skip though, as the colors are just too far removed from the one I remember of Super Metroid from the SNES days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
8 hours ago, Mommar said:

Samus protecting the Relish.  (And I badly need a new countertop...)

20231209_124905.jpg.e91cce97aca338d60236a3fa61f3b849.jpg

This looks like a great figure! I'm late to the Figma Samus line, so the secondary prices are pretty astronomical. Eventually settled for a small Amiibo Samus as a representation even though I don't have a Switch.

15 hours ago, MKT said:

This looks like a great figure! I'm late to the Figma Samus line, so the secondary prices are pretty astronomical. Eventually settled for a small Amiibo Samus as a representation even though I don't have a Switch.

I'm not sure where MY is located but you can still find the Dread version for relatively reasonable prices a few places.

I am going to say I think it's light on accessories.  Having a magnetic plate with built-in hand foot tonmake it look like Samus is sticking tonthe wall is cool but there are no basic weapon effects parts.

• 2 months later...
On 12/10/2023 at 2:41 PM, Mommar said:

I'm not sure where MY is located but you can still find the Dread version for relatively reasonable prices a few places.

I am going to say I think it's light on accessories.  Having a magnetic plate with built-in hand foot tonmake it look like Samus is sticking tonthe wall is cool but there are no basic weapon effects parts.

That IS a cool accessory.

I've got the Prime 3 Samus. And while I've derived a lot of amusement from describing the morph ball as a "free second figure", it didn't come with any effect parts either. 

(I'd like them to do a un-varia'ed Samus. I've always been fond of the base power suit's sleeker design. )

I will never complain that a video game series that is all about different beams and missiles and suits (all visible on screen) doesn’t get any effect packs or repaints from GSC.

I would lose my mind over a Plasma Beam or Super Missile accessory.

[edit:] I'm in for the TotK Link and Zelda. Even if I greatly disliked the game but BotW figures seem to be an impossibility (dare I say BotW Champions?).

Edited by Scyla

5 hours ago, Scyla said:

I will never complain that a video game series that is all about different beams and missiles and suits (all visible on screen) doesn’t get any effect packs or repaints from GSC.

I would lose my mind over a Plasma Beam or Super Missile accessory.

[edit:] I'm in for the TotK Link and Zelda. Even if I greatly disliked the game but BotW figures seem to be an impossibility (dare I say BotW Champions?).

Funny thing about that,  on two occasions GSC have made Deluxe versions of Link with every sub weapon imaginable included as well.  Why can't they have a simple blast effect for Samus though.  These are not $20 figures.

We're in agreement about TotK, didn't even bother finishing it.  But it's close enough to the BotW look, and the arm does look cool, that I'll accept it.  I do like Gannondorfs design and will get him as well. 

Snagged the dread Samus and found particle effects that pair well with it elsewhere. I think some of the effects will work well with my Shmup figures, too... we'll see...

The wall attachment was what drew me to pull the trigger. Price wasn't great, but not terrible, either.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

0315C51D-9954-4903-B8E7-ACA4C6C41142.jpeg.44494d12772c0c19d8213e6c02d3530e.jpeg

Elden Ring Raging Wolf.

I’ve been eyeballing this one over the last couple days. It’s a very beautiful sculpt. It’s just so expensive. Maybe if a good sale comes up, I might get one

IMG_2444.jpeg.01615bc5fe02b48dc8c416116321df65.jpegabsolutely beautiful. But 90 bucks for a figma before shipping. Most of the U.S. prices are between $120 and $130 before shipping and taxes. I think I need another big holiday sale to justify the purchase, but I can’t stop looking at all the detail, it’s amazing 

On 2/23/2024 at 3:39 PM, Big s said:

IMG_2444.jpeg.01615bc5fe02b48dc8c416116321df65.jpegabsolutely beautiful. But 90 bucks for a figma before shipping. Most of the U.S. prices are between $120 and $130 before shipping and taxes. I think I need another big holiday sale to justify the purchase, but I can’t stop looking at all the detail, it’s amazing 

Just go for it, bro.  Sometimes you have to spoil yourself.

• 4 weeks later...

Figma TotK Link is up for preorder (standard and deluxe version)

Standard (¥9000 02/25): https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?gcode=FIGURE-167714

Deluxe (¥16800 02/25): https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?gcode=FIGURE-167686

Minor rant incoming: why does a figure from a mediocre game comes as a DX version with stuff no one asked for but we don’t get a single weapon effect part for Dread Samus Aran (from a stellar game)??? :angry:

Edited by Scyla