Maxfactory's Figma Line

wolfx

I'd love some historically based figmas:  Gladiators, Hoplites (Leonidas DOES NOT COUNT), Medieval Knights, Armored Knights, Samurai Warriors, Shinobi and Kunoichi Ninjas, generic WWII soldiers from all branches and nations, WWII generals and commanders (Patton, Eisenhower, Montgomery, Galland, Romell, Zhukov, etc.) -- although licencing from their respective estates would be needed, and so many other eras to depict and explore.

I voted Selvaria Bles from Valkyria Chronicles. Honestly, I would have preferred to get an awakened Alicia Melchiott instead, but I think Selvaria is the most popular from the game.

My dream is that they make the whole main cast from the first game and the Edelweiss tank.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Aw, Fudge!  Max Factory is going to reel me back in with the BGC Figmas. I never got the Atelier-Sai ones, and the Yamatos, although not bad, are tiny and fragile.

On a tangential note, one of my wish-list items will become a reality, albeit not by Max Factory... Kaiyodo will be releasing a 15th Century Gothic Style Field Armor under their KT Project line.

FIGURE-040394.jpg

On 7/28/2018 at 10:27 PM, Tober said:

Finally. Thanks for that. So many of the usual sites I used to check like Plastikitty stopped posting. I guess you guys were right about the delay between announcement and seeing prototypes. Now for the Mospeada and Dirty Pair figures.

On 7/28/2018 at 11:42 PM, Tober said:

I just want to know if the Motoslave transforms.:unsure:

Bike mode and the figure look really good. If they make the Highway Star for the figure I wouldn't mind if it didn't transform. But I do want it to transform if it's solid.

On 7/29/2018 at 12:25 AM, dragonstar1982 said:

Is that an R-type diorama in the bottom left corner? If so I'm excited to hear about that!

I saw that R-Type too. I was going to search MFC later to see who makes it. My interest in R-Type was renewed with this video I posted in the Retro games topic a while ago.

On 7/29/2018 at 1:21 AM, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

That is definitely the first Boss from R-Type. Considering fighters from the Thunderforce games are being made, the mighty R9 might also be in the works.

Who is making the Thunderforce ships? I would like a few of those. I still need to play the last game in the series.

5 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Good Smile is also making the Thunderforce fighters under the Figma line, but no release date yet.

That R-Type animation is rad.

Thanks, I'll have to watch out for R-Type and Thunderforce now. I'll probably want ships from parts 2, 3, and 5. I remember drawing the cover for part 2 in art class. Part 3 was fun. That fire stage was intense back then. Part 5 has that awesome level when you blast off into space with the booster packs. I have to get part 6 soon but I believe I have to import that one. That's probably why I never got it. I think I never played part 4 either yet. I know it had a different name.

It’s about time figma put out something really exciting. I’d probably still buy it if the bike didn’t transform.

Mechaninac, I was also excited by the revo Knight. I preordered it and kind want the exclusive rusty version.

@Big s I considered the bronze with patina version myself at first, until I discovered the silver finish version which is a far more historically "accurate" piece... there never were late medieval suits of armor made of bronze, so that product option, although intriguing in a Harryhausen-esque Colossus of Rhodes way, was a non starter for me.

On 7/30/2018 at 12:47 PM, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Good Smile is also making the Thunderforce fighters under the Figma line, but no release date yet.

Oh, this makes me happy.  I'm definitely in for a Rynex.

I'd also be in for an R-Gray from Raystorm and a SA-77 Silpheed if they keep on doing shmup ships.

On 8/7/2018 at 2:39 PM, GabrielV said:

Oh, this makes me happy.  I'm definitely in for a Rynex.

I'd also be in for an R-Gray from Raystorm and a SA-77 Silpheed if they keep on doing shmup ships.

I still need to play Silpheed on Xbox. I still have the original on Sega CD though. I might need to get that ship too.

• 2 weeks later...

So following the female - male - female pattern the next Overwatch figma will be D.Va:

Figma-Overwatch-D.Va-Preview-1.jpg

Figma-Overwatch-D.Va-Preview-2.jpg

Preorders will probably start on August 30th: http://news.toyark.com/2018/08/22/good-smile-reveals-overwatch-d-va-figma-314304

I wonder how far will the come for the original roaster and what is next. My guess would be Hanzo next and afterwards Mercy or May. I hope it is Mercy. :)

Edited by Scyla

• 4 weeks later...