Maxfactory's Figma Line

wolfx

• 2 months later...

Ladies and Gentlemen of the thread, I have a question for you all because my knowledge of female figures of the poseable veriety is somewhat limited:

is this worth it? $63.14 USD shipped.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003Y3ARSU/ref=s9_simh_gw_p21_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1TAP9F8Y36P96D3CHWY3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

Figma-Evangelion-AsukaLangleyPlugsuitTestType.jpg

I finally got around to watching all 3 Rebuild movies and while I can't say I'm in love with the films themselves, it has recindled a deep seeded need for Evangelion (specifically Asuka) merch.

They released an Asuka and Rei from the TV series that you could seek out if you don't like this version.

TBH, I like the test plugsuit more than the show version. I'm very much into the aesthetic changes of the movies, if not the narrative direction they're taking it.

What you see is what you get, I don't remember there being any problems with Asuka. She doesn't come with an eye patch face tho.

Mandrake have one for 3000jpy but the shipping could be killer to where you are. link.

I guess that's a fair price after a quick look through of eBay. I've never seen a figma TV asuka.

...its funny we complain about a 9" toy going from $60-80 but its OK for a 5" toy to be $50-60.

Granted figma has less QC issues and excellent sculpts.

What you see is what you get, I don't remember there being any problems with Asuka. She doesn't come with an eye patch face tho.

Mandrake have one for 3000jpy but the shipping could be killer to where you are. link.

Thanks for finding that for me. Even if I EMS it, I'm pretty sure that's going to end up cheaper than Amazon. I'll find out in a day or two when they send me my invoice. :p

I guess that's a fair price after a quick look through of eBay. I've never seen a figma TV asuka.

...its funny we complain about a 9" toy going from $60-80 but its OK for a 5" toy to be $50-60.

Granted figma has less QC issues and excellent sculpts.

throw a pair of tits and/or a cute butt on a figure and all economic logic goes right out the window.

Great News! We have just confirmed that the licensing issue that previously caused this item not to be released in the USA has been worked out. A new production run will be made and release is confirmed for the 4th Quarter 2013!

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MF10270&mode=retail

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MF10293&mode=retail

I don't know if amiami/hlj will get new stock.

Would buy if there's an eyepatch face. I've only got a few figmas but looks like you're paying a lot for that cockpit.

i paid $45 for my Nanoha figma, and she was pre-order, at that! something like $50/55 normal price,

and all she came with was her magic Javelin, a couple option parts for it, a set of optional magic wings for her feet,

an alternate face, and the usual Figma-standard hand-set and articulated stand...

I gotta say, Mandarake works fast. From the time I entered checkout they sent me a full invoice, processed my payment and issued a shipping label in less than 4 hours.

Final price with EMS shipping and crappy PayPal exchange rate worked out to $58 USD.

Edited by anime52k8

Some photos of Black Rock Shooter's Mato Kuroi and Yomi Takanashi with 1/12 accessories. Staircases by Aoshima's Skynet. Shoe lockers from Pink Tank. School desk and chairs by Hasegawa.

post-7534-0-95529000-1367790507_thumb.jpgpost-7534-0-38591900-1367790542_thumb.jpg

post-7534-0-78506300-1367790570_thumb.jpgpost-7534-0-83980800-1367790590_thumb.jpg

post-7534-0-27652400-1367790610_thumb.jpg

It's a cheap and simple diorama solution for any Figma line.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the thread, I have a question for you all because my knowledge of female figures of the poseable veriety is somewhat limited:

is this worth it? $63.14 USD shipped.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003Y3ARSU/ref=s9_simh_gw_p21_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1TAP9F8Y36P96D3CHWY3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

I finally got around to watching all 3 Rebuild movies and while I can't say I'm in love with the films themselves, it has recindled a deep seeded need for Evangelion (specifically Asuka) merch.

It has the problem of floating tits. I got mine pre-owned for 1800 jpy + shipping from amiami and it was sealed. But that was before they released the 3.0 movie, now it is much more expensive. I would adivise you to try mandarake or keep refreshing amiami's page for a pre-owned one to appear.

The Rei figures you can get factory rejects from ebay, but they don't have the cockpit. I could buy 3 for 8 usd each.

If anyone wanted an Asuka figma with the TV version plugsuit you can probably get one if you have the skill. I guess it shouldn't be that hard to modify the rei plugsuit. I got 4 rei factory rejects. But i have no idea how to do it.

post-180-0-92757700-1367897873_thumb.jpg

Edited by akt_m

If anyone wanted an Asuka figma with the TV version plugsuit you can probably get one if you have the skill. I guess it shouldn't be that hard to modify the rei plugsuit. I got 4 rei factory rejects. But i have no idea how to do it.

I think it would be pretty difficult, Asuka's show plugsuit is really different from Rei, and you'd pretty much half to resculpt the entiretly of the torso to make it work. Also, you'd also have to modify the asuka hair to get the proper A10 clips.

So anyways, I just got my Asuka in this morning. As someone who's never owned a Figma before, I'm quite surprised by the packaging extras; I think this is the first time I've ever gotten a figure that came with a dedicated ziplock bag to hold extra accessories. It does feel like a big part of the purchase price is the chair since all it's parts and the extra stand it comes with accounts for more than half the content of the box. That said the chair is pretty damn awesome. Asuka's a nice little figure too, although she's got a few little meh spots about her. for one her boobs weren't properly attached and had to be glued down right out of the box (not that big a deal). My main gripe is that her hips are a simple ball joint that doesn't afford very much forward range of motion which makes getting good sitting poses in the chair a pain. also, as awesome as the chair is, being a solid hunk of PVC makes it quite a bit heavy for the standard figma stand.

All and all, she blows away the old Fraulein Revoltechs, but she's not quite as impressive a figure as an SH figuarts. Which reminds me, Figuarts sailor moon... :wub:

I think it would be pretty difficult, Asuka's show plugsuit is really different from Rei, and you'd pretty much half to resculpt the entiretly of the torso to make it work. Also, you'd also have to modify the asuka hair to get the proper A10 clips.

So anyways, I just got my Asuka in this morning. As someone who's never owned a Figma before, I'm quite surprised by the packaging extras; I think this is the first time I've ever gotten a figure that came with a dedicated ziplock bag to hold extra accessories. It does feel like a big part of the purchase price is the chair since all it's parts and the extra stand it comes with accounts for more than half the content of the box. That said the chair is pretty damn awesome. Asuka's a nice little figure too, although she's got a few little meh spots about her. for one her boobs weren't properly attached and had to be glued down right out of the box (not that big a deal). My main gripe is that her hips are a simple ball joint that doesn't afford very much forward range of motion which makes getting good sitting poses in the chair a pain. also, as awesome as the chair is, being a solid hunk of PVC makes it quite a bit heavy for the standard figma stand.

All and all, she blows away the old Fraulein Revoltechs, but she's not quite as impressive a figure as an SH figuarts. Which reminds me, Figuarts sailor moon... :wub:

Only figma Asuka has the problems of floating boobs. And Figma Mari has a better range of poseability. Too bad there is no Figma Shinji.

I really want that figma mari now. I've already got a terrrible display set up in my head based off the alternate faces they come with... :ph34r:

now if only I could find that 1/6 Mari figure from Max factory for less than $200 USD. :wacko:

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are the Samus and Link Figmas reissues already out? I've ordered them but haven't heart anything yet. I want to ship them with the S.H.Figuarts Blue Rose. Hopefully I can include the Sideswipe reissue into the package.

Edited by Scyla

To be perfectly honest, I would not mind it one bit if every Figma I have on preorder, including Guts, gets delayed another month or two... it would take a small amount of pressure off what has proven to be a very expensive year. :wacko:

Actually I wouldn't mind another month either. I still have to pay for smokescreen and the 29 Isamu this month. :wacko:

• 3 months later...

Reviving a dead topic here but, has anyone had luck signing up with goodsmile's online shop? i created an account (and it was not easy to find the right page to do this where you can pick the USA or any other country other than japan as an option), but when i try to check out there is a "say" katakana field and a "mei katakana" feild i have no idea what valid inputs are for and they are required.

• 2 months later...

I'm kind of interested in the Figma Avengers, but they are stupid, ridiculous, expensive. I get it, they're The Avengers, and it was the biggest comic book movie ever and so on, but damn, there are 2 versions of Iron Man for sale and they range from $80-130, and $80 for a Captain America figure? I'm guessing he has a shield, some hands, a different head and maybe a pistol, so...$80? If I end up getting one I'll probably get the rest, so I don't know why I'm complaining, I just thought it was odd when I saw the Avenger's prices compared to other Figmas. I've heard mixed things about the Attack on Titan figures, they're getting pricey too, I may have to pick up the core 3 then be done, I don't need Levi.

Tking22.

Dragon is releasing 4 Iron-Man kits from the 3rd Movie, all 1/24 sells for 1037Yen here.

Got their Thor kit and it is nice.

Looking forward to the next Max Factory Dougram Kit.

Edited by CrazyDude

The original release, which I already have, is good enough for me; however, this is a pretty good opportunity for anyone who may be interested in Saber wearing her armor, to get a non-inflated deal... it's also bound to be somewhat improved over the 1.0 version.

What I really whish to see is pre-production images, accompanied with release date, for the previously announced GitS SAC Motoko Kusanagi Figma.

Too bad GSC is now into "DLC".

If you want Saber invisible sword, you have to buy from their site. Which is more expensive than amiami and has a fixed 2000 jpy shipping fee.

Until now the bonus item was usually a customized di:stage.

Edited by akt_m