Yamato 1/60 Scale Destroid Tomahawk

eyesonme78

1/60 Tomahawk! Get it or leave it?  

263 members have voted

1. 1. Get it?

• Yes i will get it!
    • Nah.. i think i just skip it.
    • I will wait for review... before i decide..

Defender looks excellent, but that's no surprise, given how great the Tomahawk's legs already look, and the Defender's torso and guns are one of the easier things to get right.

And is it me or does the 1/60 VF-1 in fighter mode's nose look pointier than I remember? And why's it nekkid?

A bit off topic but I think the poster in the background of the Yamato gashapons shows the chase valk... but it's not one I immediately recognize.

Yeah i noticed it, it's in the mecha design book though, i gotta drag it out though and check the naming...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Not really. lol It's a tease, not showing internal cockpit detail! T_T Oh well in a month or so...

They could easily change the destroid pilot type to a DYRL? with a different colour scheme.

My guess TV pilot suit with TV helm? Honetly can't remember them having different helmets, besides the Monster crew.

(much different)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Not really. lol It's a tease, not showing internal cockpit detail! T_T Oh well in a month or so...

They could easily change the destroid pilot type to a DYRL? with a different colour scheme.

My guess TV pilot suit with TV helm? Honetly can't remember them having different helmets, besides the Monster crew.

(much different)

post-2682-1210162572_thumb.jpg

:rolleyes:

okay, so far we got yamato making the tomahawk and the defender. I sure hope they continue on and produce the spartan and the phalanx. Hopefully, the monster as well and in 1/60 scale too! (this is gonna be one big mother though if they do).

Both gifs are from Macross Frontier. That's a VB-6 Koenig Monster in action baby! HELL YEAH!

And yes and no, Klan Klan is quite well endowed and not at all.

It'll be interesting to see if Yamato develops a destroid line. :)

And Yamato has already released a 1/60 Q-rau in two different colors.

Edited by Sumdumgai

I generally would love some destroids - but as I have the Quud Rau Miria 1/60 from Yamato - I have to say I'm UNDRwelmed by it.

First:

1) If you're going to charge a hundred bucks - how about making Miria/the pilot poseable - at least give it the same love that Bumblegum Crisis chick got.

2) How about removable missiles like on GBP armor?

3) How about legs that are on ratchet joints - since the Quud is top-heavy and ball joins just don't reall cut it

4) How about a bit more "mechanics?"

I guess my complaint is that since it's just a non-variable figure it should have the poseability of a Revoltech, not to mention it should be sculpted more dynamically.

It's a decent enough figure - but I hope the upcoming Destroids will either be cheaper or at least loaded with more goody features...

Oh - and definitely a nice Klan Klan full scale poseable figure - in fact- how about three Meltran ladies who are poseable?

VFTF1

Is it even possible for Max to have a dorky brother? LOL.

well, the fact that he pilots a destroid instead of a varible fighter must contribute to dorkiness.

Not that there is anything wrong with being a destroid pilot oh no. :rolleyes:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

well, the fact that he pilots a destroid instead of a varible fighter must contribute to dorkiness.

Not that there is anything wrong with being a destroid pilot oh no. :rolleyes:

GASP! :blink:

Are you saying destroid jockies are anything less than the most qualified? Just cause they couldn't get a vf pilots license doesn't mean they are dorky. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Because we're all too breathless with anticipation to even speak! ;)

Perhaps in the meantime, we can cozy up in a Destroid Monster T-Shirt! http://www.hlj.com/product/CSP31292

yeah, if they weren't backordered! and if they weren't 30 bucks! :blink:

These are looking good. I will probably skip the tomahawk as I just cant look at it without seeing a happy face (I know it is my own mind that is at fault).

argh! now you've done it! i was blissfully unaware of this, but now i'm seeing it too! :ph34r: