Yamato 1/60 Scale Destroid Tomahawk

eyesonme78

1/60 Tomahawk! Get it or leave it?  

263 members have voted

1. 1. Get it?

• Yes i will get it!
    • Nah.. i think i just skip it.
    • I will wait for review... before i decide..

I'm interested, but I just hope that it's more poseable and fun than the 1/60 Quid Rau - that looks ok and is good for what it is, but it's kind of limited in what you can do with it, and the static Miria is just annoying.

I think the problem with the 1/60 Q-rau was balance. It's a tall mecha with a huge hump on it's back, so it's relatively narrow feet wouldn't allow much in the way of poses. The 1/60 Tomahawk is shorter than a 1/60 VF-1 and has pretty big feet, so it shouldn't have any balance issues. However, by it's nature, the Tomahawk isn't a dynamic mecha so don't expect it to be doing any Revoltech poses.

It'd wanna, and be nicely detailed too. Wonder if the other 1/60 pilots will fit...

If indeed the cockpit opens and the scale is true 1/60 then there would be no reasonable explanation why they woulnd't fit.

What I'm really wondering is if the armour would be able to be switched around on the different destroids, ala the 1/100 Conversion Kit by Takatoku. That would make for all sorts of interesting customs.

If indeed the cockpit opens and the scale is true 1/60 then there would be no reasonable explanation why they woulnd't fit.

What I'm really wondering is if the armour would be able to be switched around on the different destroids, ala the 1/100 Conversion Kit by Takatoku. That would make for all sorts of interesting customs.

And imagine colour schemes. :D Black Tomohawk..... Red even.

I think the problem with the 1/60 Q-rau was balance. It's a tall mecha with a huge hump on it's back, so it's relatively narrow feet wouldn't allow much in the way of poses. The 1/60 Tomahawk is shorter than a 1/60 VF-1 and has pretty big feet, so it shouldn't have any balance issues. However, by it's nature, the Tomahawk isn't a dynamic mecha so don't expect it to be doing any Revoltech poses.

Isnt the Tomahawk bigger than valk?

A 1/60 Regult would cost a fortune... it's taller that the valks (around as tall as the 19 and 0 and SV-51 IRC) and waaaaay bulkier... couple that with the fact that Yamato would engineer in alot of details in order to sell it, and we could easily be looking at a $300 non-variable toy.

I think a 1/60 Regult would be around the size as Yamato's 1/60 Q-Rau. And since the Q-Rau retailed for about $80, I'd imagine a Regult would sell for a similiar price. IMO, I wouldn't pay $80 for a 1/60 Regult. The only reason I bought the Q-Rau was that it was on clearance for $40.

I'm most excited about the weathered (and Tampo-printed, I assume) 1/48.

Not really sure what this Destroid is all of you are yapping about. All I see is a WHM-6R Wharhammer with two PPCs, an SRM6, 2 Medium Lasers, 2 Small Lasers, and 2 Machine Guns. It's only got 18 heatsinks though to cool all that firepower output, so it's prone to over-heating. Oh, and shoot for the legs.

H

lmao that's exactly what I thought first time I saw it. I am pretty sure I played the first Mechwarrior game on pc before I realized the design was also in Robotech.

Often times the tomahawk looks (to me) like a smiley face to me because the head canons look like eyes and the visor looks like a smile and that has always bothered me.

You know, I never really noticed that before you mentioned it but now I can't miss it every time I look at it. Kind of like the arrow in the FedEx logo...

You know, I never really noticed that before you mentioned it but now I can't miss it every time I look at it. Kind of like the arrow in the FedEx logo...

Actually I see the same thing. Except to me, the Tomahawk's head unit looks kind of like a lizard/dragon head. Which is slightly more cool than a happy face.

Hmm, at 1/60, and being shorter than a Valkyrie, the Tomahawk is going to be pretty small. Still awesome though... but this would really rock in 1/48.

I don't think a regult would need to be so expensive. Less pieces, simpler design, doesn't transform. But it does need more plastic. But it doesn't have small tiny pieces and swing mechanism and folding bits and pieces that need to be hanging off the body like the SV-51 (which is pretty big and complex)

I would expect to see an opening hatch like the Qrau though.

The thing I like about the regult is unlike the battroid is it's a mech that isn't human-shaped. It has no head turret, (just an eeball in the middle) no arms (just canons sticking out of it which imo seems more practical) and the legs are chicken-like which makes them look more powerful for some reason. (ie it can stand tall or crouch down and do huge leaps)

I don't get why people are so excited about revoltech regult but not a larger toy.

I think a 1/60 Regult would be around the size as Yamato's 1/60 Q-Rau. And since the Q-Rau retailed for about $80, I'd imagine a Regult would sell for a similiar price. IMO, I wouldn't pay $80 for a 1/60 Regult. The only reason I bought the Q-Rau was that it was on clearance for $40.

So, what you're saying is that $80 would be too much to pay for a 1/60 Regult? Well, it's no wonder that companies like Yamato seem to be hesitant to put out enemy mecha. You think they could milk the molds as easily as they can with the Valkyries?!

dunno if anyone posted this yet

Nice find chowyunskinny!

The comparison pic is great. Nice to see that the Tomahawk won't take up much room. The new 1/60 VF-1S proportions look kinda weird though.

Edited by Twoducks

A 1/60 Regult would cost a fortune... it's taller that the valks (around as tall as the 19 and 0 and SV-51 IRC) and waaaaay bulkier... couple that with the fact that Yamato would engineer in alot of details in order to sell it, and we could easily be looking at a $300 non-variable toy.

It would be hollow. The Q-rau is a good analogy, though, and was much cheaper than a Valk. Unlike the Q-rau, Yamato could milk the mold some with different versions (scout versus missile versus standard, etc).

I see where you're coming from, and you guys are probably right that it wouldn't cost $300... I tend to overestimate the size of the Regult I think... honestly tho, if they did release one, I would NOT want it to be hollow... I want a detailed cockpit and pilot.

• 4 weeks later...