eyesonme78

Yamato 1/60 Scale Destroid Tomahawk

1/60 Tomahawk! Get it or leave it?  

263 members have voted

1. 1. Get it?

• Yes i will get it!
    • Nah.. i think i just skip it.
    • I will wait for review... before i decide..

Don't tempt me sir! ^_^ Seriously i did not know that, just ignorant of me I guess figuring that all went the way of the dodo when FASA pretty much died. I will think about looking into but I think my modeling days are behind me. I have a 1/60 Leopard II tank that I trying to turn to Canadian specs for like 2 years now. Just don't have the initiative to do it anymore I guess.

I didn't even know that there were 1/60 kits of my favorite mechs! I was gaga over Battletech back in college, and the only figures we were exposed to here were the tabletop sets :) It'll be difficult to look for those resin kits here in my country, but it's worth a shot :D

Toy looks good but I don't have any room for it! Voted, will pass. I think I'll stick with the new improve 1/60 VF-1 from Yamato. ^_^

As soon as I saw the Warhammer aka Tommahawk all I could think was I HAVE TO HAVE THAT. Now all i need is an 1/60 Archer, Griphen, Shadow Hawk, Marauder, Wasp, Rifleman, & Pheonix Hawk (oh right I have this one too!) and I could play battle tech in the backyard. This also made me pull out my much warn and much loved 3050 and 3055 Tech manuals (before Harmnoy Gold made FASA butcher them). Ah PPCs, LRMs, SRMs, Med Laser, AutoCannon, Gauss Rifles, XL Engines, Endo Skeleton, Ferro Fibrous armor..............

Whoa I just flashed back to when I was 14!

Sounds like someone wants to re-create the Wolf's Dragoons....or at least repaint their Tomohawk black and put a black widow emblem on it.

Like this one?

Maybe a poll should be added to this thread. Are you a Battletech fan and are you going to buy the Tomahawk because it?

If it is as detailed as the adds for it look I think I will leave it stock. Although a black and weathered Warhammer would be cool. Does anyone remember where the Black Widow symbol went on the mech?

Edited by logos

Are you a Battletech fan and are you going to buy the Tomahawk because it?

yes. :)

Does anyone remember where the Black Widow symbol went on the mech?

i believe hers was mainly a red hourglass on the abdomen. the rest of the company had the Black Widow symbol on various locations.

You can still find the Griffin (Roundfacer), Shadow Hawk (Dougram), Thunderbolt (Ironfoot), and Goliath (Crabgunner) 1/48 Fang of the Sun: Dougram kits all over the place. A 1/72 Marauder (Glaug) is a little more difficult to find but is still out there. They all match up beautifully with their 1/60th BattleTech counterparts.

Don't forget the Locust from the Crusher Joe kits.

If this bombs and ends up on sale for half off, I'll get one.

Don't forget the Locust from the Crusher Joe kits.

it's a little small but it'll work in a pinch.

sigh, it's alot of money... must resist for the sake of variable goodness....

i'll pre-order, and think about it later.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Im looking forward to it. Its something a bit different, and it adds more to the mythos. Hell, I'd by variants; a jungle camo Tomahawk would be awesome!

I just can't say no to Destroids. Preordered.

Im looking forward to it. Its something a bit different, and it adds more to the mythos. Hell, I'd by variants; a jungle camo Tomahawk would be awesome!

Camo Tomohawk?? That i'd like!!! Atleast it will be small enough for SAL shipping...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

true, as much as I like it, I won't be able to get this immediately :( If only the lowered down the price :( If it comes out this August, I'll skip this over for the Hikky 1A.

true, as much as I like it, I won't be able to get this immediately :( If only the lowered down the price :( If it comes out this August, I'll skip this over for the Hikky 1A.

I don't see me getting it cheaper any other way, after market it would probably be from ebay, and from the states shipping is ridiculously too high to get to me.

I haven't come across an ebay seller to send it via SAL. If it gets lost what chances i have of a refund or replacement?

Atleast i'll get my 5% discount, and shipped via SAL with hlj.com. Rather than spend an extra 20 bucks on shipping which would suck.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I don't see me getting it cheaper any other way, after market it would probably be from ebay, and from the states shipping is ridiculously too high to get to me.

I haven't come across an ebay seller to send it via SAL. If it gets lost what chances i have of a refund or replacement?

Atleast i'll get my 5% discount, and shipped via SAL with hlj.com. Rather than spend an extra 20 bucks on shipping which would suck.

Yeah, same goes for me, though I hope the local specialty stores here won't put a high mark-up.

We better make our minds quick on the destroid matter 'cause here comes the Defender :unsure:

Edit: How much would it be for shipping to the US if ordered from HLJ? I'm in Mexico City, but I just need an rough idea at this point.

post-1636-1218237252_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

These destroids by Yamato are actually very detailed. They are just as detailed as the old Imai model kits, but now are 1/60 in scale instead of 1/72. All this and not to mention being more poseable is a good reason for me to get one. But I am sure the price will be as high as their 1/60 Tomahawks. <_<

You could always sell back the Minmay sketch...

:D

OO

We better make our minds quick on the destroid matter 'cause here comes the Defender :unsure:

Edit: How much would it be for shipping to the US if ordered from HLJ? I'm in Mexico City, but I just need an rough idea at this point.

What are those things on the side of the Defender, are the shoulders interchangable? Doesn't look the same as the ones that are on now.

You could always sell back the Minmay sketch...

:D

OO

First it has to get to me! lol 8 days to fly over from the states and to regester it's arrival in aussie?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Considering the new Toynami Beta fighter cost $150, $80 isn't a bad price for this toy.

Sure the beta transforms, but it's a wack looking thing without the alpha/legioss.

What are those things on the side of the Defender, are the shoulders interchangable? Doesn't look the same as the ones that are on now.

enlarged ammo bins

enlarged ammo bins

Yeah, I got that much... guess I'll wait because it doesn't really make sense how it hooks up to the Destroid.

gah, I do like the Defender though the Tomahawk is still my fave. I will definitely be getting a Tomahawk at least.

found this link in a post from a couple months back. looks like they're interchangeable. http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/iam-cybergundam/article?mid=9393

Thanks Cache! You rock! I guess they're trying to pump it full of features to make our buck worth it.

Oh man I can't wait for this line to come out... much less the Phalanx!

I can't wait for the release of the Spartan Destroid. The complete line up will be awesome.

Edited by kensei

The Perfect Defender :)

post-2682-1218452592_thumb.png

Tnx Lonely Soldier Boy for the pic.

Oooh, I get it. So those are supposed to be the features of the Defender. Nice! Good job, Bio.

BTW >EXO<, since the Destroids are a officially a line now, maybe we should have a dedicated 1/60 Destroid topic.

Oooh, I get it. So those are supposed to be the features of the Defender. Nice! Good job, Bio.

BTW >EXO<, since the Destroids are a officially a line now, maybe we should have a dedicated 1/60 Destroid topic.

make it so! :lol: