Yamato 1/60 Scale Destroid Tomahawk

eyesonme78

1/60 Tomahawk! Get it or leave it?  

263 members have voted

1. 1. Get it?

• Yes i will get it!
    • Nah.. i think i just skip it.
    • I will wait for review... before i decide..

The Tomahawk is definately drool worthy. And its pretty cheap too considering its size. (probably cuz it doesn't transform) Its gonna be released next month right? w00ts. I hope they make the Jaegarmech Defender next. ;)

So how big will this figure be again at 1/60 scale? Many moons ago, I picked up a bunch of the old Exo-Squad Robotech re-issues out of the "clearance bin" at Toys R Us [oh God, I'm getting old ^_^ ], the 7" Destroids were like $3.99, tried to get 2 of ea of 'em. Makes me damned glad I got 'em, if this is the alternative for Destroid figures.

warhamer.jpg

rifleman.jpg

longbow.jpg

btltctl.jpg

invidsho.jpg

Okay, so the Yamato ver will have clearly superior detailing/weathering--but other than that, what? Maybe 2 more points of articulation, better posability in the legs? And that's supposed to justify payin $80+ more for ea?

My ass. Them guys at Yamato is full o' sh*t... <_<

And to think, I was debating giving them more of my hard-earned dough for some 1/48's...

Edited by reddsun1

How tall is this 1/60 Destroid? (In inches if possible).

Yes, I'm low budget.

Yeah man, I'm interested in knowing the height too. On the left side of that pic says 19 cm, so about 7.5" inches.

For $80-$100, they better give this thing like actual working LED lights, removable pilot and poseability like the SDF series 2 Mk IV, http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery2/galle...-5/P4264898.jpg

I think you guys need to work on your division. The Tomahawk is 12.7 meters in real scale. Which is 0.216 repeating meters in 1/60 scale which is 21.16 centimeters or 8.3 inches. That's height with the missile launcher. Without it's approximately 7.39 inches.

The Q raus didn't go down in price. The milia was reissued and the Max never saw a rerelease. I'd rather the destroids be a bit cheaper as well, but the price seems about right. Not to mention that Yamato is severely limited with the molds for these. I'd doubt we'd see many repaints of them. The CMS and Megahouse ride armors are no bigger than the old 3 inch gakken's and they both retail over $50.

Yamato, CMs and Kaiyodo knows that this a specialty market. Even if Macross was open to North American consumers, these toys arent packaged like they are going to Target or Wal-Mart. That being said we can still pick and choose which toys aren't worth the money they are charging. But considering that the transforming toys are over $130-$200 then you can't really say that the price on these are disproportionate. Yamato's VMF action figure series are $75... now mind you are just action figures. Wave's Appleseed figures are $90. GITS and Appleseed don't even have a restriction outside of Japan and if you check out BBTS or TMPanime... that's still the going price. Megahouse's mospeada toys are pretty good at $60, but if you really think about it, slap it on a blisterpack and out it in Target and you wouldn't pay $20 for it. Actually I would, but the average consumer would pass it up for a $7 Marvel Legends Spider-Man figure or something.

Oh yeah, try finding a Max Q-Rau now for retail...

Oh yeah, try finding a Max Q-Rau now for retail...

I'm still kicking myself for passing on it when it was originally released. I thought Yamato would've released a green version of the Q Rau as well, but they haven't to date. Sometimes simple logic makes no sense whatsoever.

Never assume a toy is going to get a 2nd release, and never assume that a toy will be sold later at a discounted price. Whats available today isn't guaranteed to be there tomorrow.

I think we forget at times that these are toys aimed at collectors(small production runs which equates to higher retail cost), and made by small companies (finite resources and budgets).

Edited by Golden Arms

exactly, when you have a line that consistently sell out eventually... no matter how unpopular, you can pretty much set the price for it. People are blowing out Angelbirds and VF-0As now, but when the completists realize they didn't buy them for their collections then those are the ones that go up to ridiculous prices. Remember how they couldn't get rid of Max 1As in the beginning? Then after a while those were going for as much as the Low Vizs until they finally rereleased them.

I heard that the exclusives are being done to mess with the bootleggers or people that "take the extras from the backdoor of the manufacturer's warehouses". I don't really get how that works, but it sucks for us collectors. In a way doesn't that help them? If they can steal the extras and sell them at "exclusives" prices then they are getting the better end of the deal, I say.

exactly, when you have a line that consistently sell out eventually... no matter how unpopular, you can pretty much set the price for it. People are blowing out Angelbirds and VF-0As now, but when the completists realize they didn't buy them for their collections then those are the ones that go up to ridiculous prices. Remember how they couldn't get rid of Max 1As in the beginning? Then after a while those were going for as much as the Low Vizs until they finally rereleased them.

I heard that the exclusives are being done to mess with the bootleggers or people that "take the extras from the backdoor of the manufacturer's warehouses". I don't really get how that works, but it sucks for us collectors. In a way doesn't that help them? If they can steal the extras and sell them at "exclusives" prices then they are getting the better end of the deal, I say.

Cry me a river.

Well perhaps those who peddle into piracy are the underpaid factory worker for these toys.

I'd look directly toward corrupt factory management for that.

still doesn't help us much does it?

b'sides, i can't really justify paying so much for an 'action figure' with details and limited articulation as compared to revoltechs. imagine paying 4-5times a revoltech's price for the tomahawk just because it's in scale w the other 1/60 valks. kinda irrational pricing to me.

holding off till the price comes down. i kinda believe it's also the middlemen/retailers marking up the price a fair bit.

still doesn't help us much does it?

b'sides, i can't really justify paying so much for an 'action figure' with details and limited articulation as compared to revoltechs. imagine paying 4-5times a revoltech's price for the tomahawk just because it's in scale w the other 1/60 valks. kinda irrational pricing to me.

holding off till the price comes down. i kinda believe it's also the middlemen/retailers marking up the price a fair bit.

where are people ordering this from? can't find it thru usual channels.

Oh well, those that don't like the price will make it easier for others to find one. Usually this stuff sells, and considering the dollar's value isn't holding in these times, it's a little more of a pain. Keeping those little things in mind. People that want them bad enough (like me) will get them at the price they retail for. That's just the way it works in this super nitch market.

I agree with the price being high and a pat in the back to yamato for doing it. I hope that they make more toys from the macross line to make it interesting, instead of repaints of what they have.

i'm pretty sure i'll eventually get this for a good price because at the rate that yamato is releasing stuff, this will be one of those toys that everyone will pick up last. i mean why would anyone pass up on a transforming toy for a static figure? 10 out of 10 times i'm going to buy a transforming figure before something that just sits there and believe me, these will just sit there. then maybe 1 or 2 year later, people will start to pick them up just like they did for the q-raus. the only reason anyone would plunk down their money for this straight off the bat is if theres nothing else to buy and right now, there too much to buy with more on the way.

• 2 weeks later...
Aye, and what we need next are Rifleman(s), Marauders and Wasps... waitamin, don't we already have wasps? :p

This is where Battletech got their original images. I think this ir really cool for both the Macross fans out there and the battletech fans.

wasp

I think Hurin's sarcasm maybe undetectable due to his lack of funny bone. :wacko:

As soon as I saw the Warhammer aka Tommahawk all I could think was I HAVE TO HAVE THAT. Now all i need is an 1/60 Archer, Griphen, Shadow Hawk, Marauder, Wasp, Rifleman, & Pheonix Hawk (oh right I have this one too!) and I could play battle tech in the backyard. This also made me pull out my much warn and much loved 3050 and 3055 Tech manuals (before Harmnoy Gold made FASA butcher them). Ah PPCs, LRMs, SRMs, Med Laser, AutoCannon, Gauss Rifles, XL Engines, Endo Skeleton, Ferro Fibrous armor..............

Whoa I just flashed back to when I was 14!

hehe too bad there's no mad cat and daishi equivalet :) i'd pick those up in a jiffy :)

I still kick myself today that I didn't by those large 1/60 models when I was a kid but I hadn't discovered the potential of purchasing things on the internet back then. Man when I think of all the time I spent buying and painting battletech figs. :) ............and then when I went away to school my mum dumped them into a pail like a bunch of GIJoes. :o

Anyway back on topic I am so buying the Warhammer sorry I mean Tommahawk as soon as I recover from my YF-19 purchase! Well maybe after I purchase that 1/60 VF-1S that just came out. :wacko: Oh God and I thought my addiction to purchasing books on Amazon was expensive!

Edited by logos

As soon as I saw the Warhammer aka Tommahawk all I could think was I HAVE TO HAVE THAT. Now all i need is an 1/60 Archer, Griphen, Shadow Hawk, Marauder, Wasp, Rifleman, & Pheonix Hawk (oh right I have this one too!) and I could play battle tech in the backyard.

You can still find the Griffin (Roundfacer), Shadow Hawk (Dougram), Thunderbolt (Ironfoot), and Goliath (Crabgunner) 1/48 Fang of the Sun: Dougram kits all over the place. A 1/72 Marauder (Glaug) is a little more difficult to find but is still out there. They all match up beautifully with their 1/60th BattleTech counterparts.

hehe too bad there's no mad cat and daishi equivalet i'd pick those up in a jiffy

there are 1/60 Mad Cat, Vulture, and Atlas resin kits out there (Armorcast) plus a newer and larger 28mm Elemental to go with them. The license has not (yet) been transferred to the new Armorcast owners as far as I know but the kits can still be found.

You can still find the Griffin (Roundfacer), Shadow Hawk (Dougram), Thunderbolt (Ironfoot), and Goliath (Crabgunner) 1/48 Fang of the Sun: Dougram kits all over the place. A 1/72 Marauder (Glaug) is a little more difficult to find but is still out there. They all match up beautifully with their 1/60th BattleTech counterparts.

there are 1/60 Mad Cat, Vulture, and Atlas resin kits out there (Armorcast) plus a newer and larger 28mm Elemental to go with them. The license has not (yet) been transferred to the new Armorcast owners as far as I know but the kits can still be found.

Don't tempt me sir! ^_^ Seriously i did not know that, just ignorant of me I guess figuring that all went the way of the dodo when FASA pretty much died. I will think about looking into but I think my modeling days are behind me. I have a 1/60 Leopard II tank that I trying to turn to Canadian specs for like 2 years now. Just don't have the initiative to do it anymore I guess.

Edited by logos

Don't tempt me sir! ^_^ Seriously i did not know that, just ignorant of me I guess figuring that all went the way of the dodo when FASA pretty much died. I will think about looking into but I think my modeling days are behind me. I have a 1/60 Leopard II tank that I trying to turn to Canadian specs for like 2 years now. Just don't have the initiative to do it anymore I guess.

I didn't even know that there were 1/60 kits of my favorite mechs! I was gaga over Battletech back in college, and the only figures we were exposed to here were the tabletop sets :) It'll be difficult to look for those resin kits here in my country, but it's worth a shot :D

Toy looks good but I don't have any room for it! Voted, will pass. I think I'll stick with the new improve 1/60 VF-1 from Yamato. ^_^

As soon as I saw the Warhammer aka Tommahawk all I could think was I HAVE TO HAVE THAT. Now all i need is an 1/60 Archer, Griphen, Shadow Hawk, Marauder, Wasp, Rifleman, & Pheonix Hawk (oh right I have this one too!) and I could play battle tech in the backyard. This also made me pull out my much warn and much loved 3050 and 3055 Tech manuals (before Harmnoy Gold made FASA butcher them). Ah PPCs, LRMs, SRMs, Med Laser, AutoCannon, Gauss Rifles, XL Engines, Endo Skeleton, Ferro Fibrous armor..............

Whoa I just flashed back to when I was 14!

Sounds like someone wants to re-create the Wolf's Dragoons....or at least repaint their Tomohawk black and put a black widow emblem on it.