Yamato 1/60 Scale Destroid Tomahawk

eyesonme78

1/60 Tomahawk! Get it or leave it?  

263 members have voted

1. 1. Get it?

• Yes i will get it!
    • Nah.. i think i just skip it.
    • I will wait for review... before i decide..

Where's that screen shot from?

From DVD Macross 20th Anniversary.

This is the anime sequence from the videogame for PS-One:

The Super Dimension Fortress Macross DYRL

I like very much these others... :)

post-2682-1213899336_thumb.jpgpost-2682-1213899357_thumb.jpg

From DVD Macross 20th Anniversary.

This is the anime sequence from the videogame for PS-One:

The Super Dimension Fortress Macross DYRL

I like very much these others... :)

post-2682-1213899336_thumb.jpgpost-2682-1213899357_thumb.jpg

Thank you very much. I never knew that sequence even existed...

Oh nose! Another VF-1A variant! UN Spacy Kite on the heatshield! :o

Damn this Tomohawk looks awesome. If I were really into destroids I'd be drooling. As it is I'm in awe of the awesomeness. :)

Sweet! (And crew figures to recast! Mua-hahaha!)

According to the comparison chart on page 162 of PERFECT MEMORY, the Tomahawk's search-light is about level with a Battroid's shoulder, and the missile box tops out just a hair taller than a VF-1J's head lasers. So if Yamato keeps to scale, you'll looking at something roughly eye-to-chest to a Battroid, but much more massive. So it'd be about 7 & a half inches or so tall at the apex of its torso hull, about 8 inches to the top of its right shoulder missile launcher- give or take a quarter-inch or so. Probably a bit wider than a Battroid at the shoulders.

Quite a brute!

Edited by AcroRay

I like the little decal mockups on the Moeyo images. :p

I Yamato cooks up nice quality decals, or the big "D7" on the round portion of the front hull is going to look rather bad. That's been a problem area in previous kit & toy incarnations. If they use the materials they typically use for their Valks, there could be some problematic areas.

Notice the crew figures are painted.

Edited by AcroRay

SWEET JESUS! Oh this is so worth getting a ground army for. ^_^ Nice to have a ground crew too. Maybe it is worth getting the 1/60 v2 valks now...
Not only for that but for all the other 1/60s too! Remember... RECASTS! :D :D :D Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Pricey! :wacko:

But what other company makes a 1/60 Tomahawk destroid? Therefore, the price is justified. Unless Bandai decides to crash the party with a 1/60 Monster, Frontier version.

For the sake of spoiling it for me, does the Monster make it in there? Or is it just the Koenig (which i seen a gif file of)

Only the König Monster appears in Mac F

Deffinently getting a1/60 scale Monster no matter what the cost!

And how do you plan to fit it into your display? :p

Well depending on how this sells, Yamato will release more destroids. Let us not forget that they had a prototype 1/60 MKII Monster way back when... :) Of course it never went into production and instead we got a 1/100 Koenig Monster.

This Tomahawk looks niiiiice. :D

Get a Tomahawk to turn it into a little an Unmanned Sentry Vehicle, equiped with little guns and mini-missiles. It would serve as a test for if a Monster is released, then you could turn that into an USV with some big guns. :)

I'm not a big destroid fan, but I can't help but drool a little each time I see pics of this Tomahawk... :D