Yamato 1/60 Scale Destroid Tomahawk

eyesonme78

1/60 Tomahawk! Get it or leave it?  

263 members have voted

1. 1. Get it?

• Yes i will get it!
    • Nah.. i think i just skip it.
    • I will wait for review... before i decide..

Yamato has a product page up for the Tomahawk

Very nice, judging by the pics in their Photozoomer utility. Helluva lots of detail, 7 & a half inches tall. $100 is ouch for my wallet, though.

Wonder if these will sell better than the Millia Q-Rau, what with the potential Battletech vets market out there as well?

I smell a fire sale in my collection this summer....

Edited by AcroRay

OMFG! That is awesome. It says sept 2008. Man, I am getting cases. The Tomahawk is by far my fav destroid next to the Monster. I may get rid of my matchbox ones for these. I hope the monster comes as well as the rest of the destroids

Something I was never sure of... is the Tomahawk's visor glass supposed to be red or green? It's red in some of the old model box cover art, and sometimes it's green in the animation, like my avatar. Which one is it? Both? Maybe we'll get a darker repaint down the line with a green visor if Yamato wants to milk the mold.

9,800 円 = $93.00

I'd pay around $40-$50 USD...but not $93. I can't justify that.

:ph34r:

My eyes almost jumped out of the sockets when I saw the caption. :blink: So Yamato finally got around to making a destroid. I almost made a mistake in buy those Robotech Exo Squad Destoids glad I didn't cause after seeing Yamato take on the Tomahawk they were right on the detail down to the line art which pains me to buy a new book shelf to display it after I get my YF-21 B))

Man this one is starting to really turn out well.

With that price, I guess multiples is out of the question for me, though ... That's a pity. I really wanted maybe 3 of these things to form a little squad, but I can't justify more than one for that much.

Stoopid tanking American dollar. <_<

This just shows yamatos running out of ideas on new molds... I was never crazy about any of the destroids except for the koenig monster which I have yet to pickup but will someday. Oh well now that yamato is officially doomed since they cant make any macross frontier valks I can tell theyre squeezing every bit out of the franchise right now...

I still like yamato as a company though. They have always made the best and highest quality valks out there... that is until we all see what bandai can do then who knows... Maybe the entire macross toy license will go to bandai soon if they get the vf-25 right... Oh well at least we wont have to worry about constant flaws in our first releases now would we?

What are you talking about *new molds? This is all about using/making mecha from Macross, not making their own up.

Slowly but surely they will make everything, lets hope the 1/60 Monster is still a possibility.

sad, think about it, if the Destroid Tomohawk is 90 bucks, how much will the Monster be???

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Man this one is starting to really turn out well.

With that price, I guess multiples is out of the question for me, though ... That's a pity. I really wanted maybe 3 of these things to form a little squad, but I can't justify more than one for that much.

Stoopid tanking American dollar. <_<

dude it could be worse you could be paying in yen or HK money which is even less then what the american dollar can buy right now you know.

This just shows yamatos running out of ideas on new molds... I was never crazy about any of the destroids except for the koenig monster which I have yet to pickup but will someday. Oh well now that yamato is officially doomed since they cant make any macross frontier valks I can tell theyre squeezing every bit out of the franchise right now...

I still like yamato as a company though. They have always made the best and highest quality valks out there... that is until we all see what bandai can do then who knows... Maybe the entire macross toy license will go to bandai soon if they get the vf-25 right... Oh well at least we wont have to worry about constant flaws in our first releases now would we?

Yeah...what are you talking about?!? Just because nobody likes your name does'nt mean you have to be so negative.

:ph34r:

So nice! this is obviously a painted resin proto, but I bet the cannon and leg markings will be tampoed. It's also nice being able to swap the pilot for a Hikky figure. The head machine guns clearly show an hinge now and the missiles will surely be removable. Best Destroid ever for sure.

Too bad about the price. I guess I'll buy just one then. I hope this sells well and that we'll see the rest of the Destroids, including the Spartan. If Yamato finds out that there's a strong Destroid fanbase out there, they might decide to finally produce the Monster. Of course, if a single Tomahawk goes for ninetysomething imagine the price of a 1/60 Monster!

So nice! this is obviously a painted resin proto, but I bet the cannon and leg markings will be tampoed. It's also nice being able to swap the pilot for a Hikky figure. The head machine guns clearly show an hinge now and the missiles will surely be removable. Best Destroid ever for sure.

Too bad about the price. I guess I'll buy just one then. I hope this sells well and that we'll see the rest of the Destroids, including the Spartan. If Yamato finds out that there's a strong Destroid fanbase out there, they might decide to finally produce the Monster. Of course, if a single Tomahawk goes for ninetysomething imagine the price of a 1/60 Monster!

dejavuuuu >_< lol! I tell ya no one reads or cares about my posts. :lol:

sad, think about it, if the Destroid Tomohawk is 90 bucks, how much will the Monster be???
Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I think you mean "new products". Molds are a part of the production process. <_<

Personally I'm happy to see a company releasing non-Valkyrie products, even if licensing issues may have forced their course. Macross is a huge property with a wealth of imaginative designs beyond variable fighters.

I'd love to see Yamato or anyone else branch into other products. Imagine a line of UN Spacy and Zentraedi ships similar to Taito's PVC/ABS display models from Leiji Matsumoto properties (Harlock's various ARCADIA incarnations, for example), which retail for only about Y1500 or so.

Nearly 100 bucks?! :huh:

Way too much for a non transforming toy. I'll wait 'till it goes on sale somewhere. <_<

Yeah, I'd much rather save my money for another 1/60 VF-1. I mean, I can't imagine Yamato not being able to make a huge profit by selling this for $50. At 1/60 scale, it'll be what, 7 inches tall at the top of the head? That's not "100 dollars big".