Official MacrossWorld Con 2008 Information Thread

We still have a lot of seat open for the poker tournament so start inviting your friends to come out!!

Yeah so come out and play with the poker donks of MW! Fold to the top! Or at least to 3rd for that Max doll!

I'm conducting the Macross Trivia contest which is a first for MW con this year. Everyone should be able to participate. Trivia will span all of the Macross animes. If it's stated or done in the anime that's what I'm going by. I'm not including other sources such as books, manga, or whatever else. If there is anything you haven't watched now is the time or you can make a request during the show screenings on Saturday.

Another MacrossWorld Con UPDATE!!!!

I should have mentioned this before but we will have a special LIVE performance of your favorite Macross songs by JasonC's band: PROTOCULTURE!!!!

(I'm not sure if that's the name of their band....haha.... )

We'll be rocking out all day and you'll have your chance to show off your rock skills on Rock Band and Guitar Hero in the Video game room... =]

MacrossWorld.com Exclusive Mikimoto Sketch Opportunity Drawing

This is your chance to win an original sketch from Mikimoto san. This is your opportunity to win this:

mikimotomwwatermarkqz4.jpg

This original sketch of Lynn Minmay was drawn by Haruhiko Mikimoto on February 17, 2008 on a 12" by 15" canvas Board. It is dedicated to "MacrossWorld Sama" and signed by Mikimoto himself. Huge thanks to MacrossWorld member SAVE for acquiring this and donating it to this year's MacrossWorld Con.

We wanted to give everyone on MacrossWorld the opportunity to own this and have put together a limited Mikimoto Opportunity Drawing! All of the proceeds raised by the opportunity drawing will be used to fund future MacrossWorld Conventions and events. This will continue to allow us to keep registration costs low for all attendees of MW con.

Mikimoto Sketch Opportunity Drawing Information

Eligibility

The only stipulation on this drawing is that we want the sketch to go to an active contributing member of the forums. Therefore you MUST have at least 350 posts and have the rank of "Skull Leader's Lackey" or above in order to purchase an opportunity drawing ticket.

Limited Number of Tickets

Only 100 tickets will be sold for this opportunity drawing!

Ticket Costs

Tickets will be sold at $5 each. Eligible members can purchase multiple tickets up to a maximum of 5 tickets. Tickets will be sold at MacrossWorld Con and online from July 15th to July 19th 11:00pm Pacific Standard Time.

Time of Drawing

The Mikimoto sketch Opportunity Drawing will take place on Sunday, July 20th, 2008 at MacrossWorld Con 2008. Winner does not have to be present at the con in order to win the prize. Winner will be notified via PM and posted in this thread.

Shipping

If winner of the prize is not present at MacrossWorld Con, the sketch will be shipped at no cost if in the Continental US. International members will need to pay an additional cost to ship the sketch if you win.

Payment

As the time frame of this Opportunity Drawing is short, we will only accept Paypal as a form of payment. Please PM me if you are interested in purchasing a ticket and for more instructions. Be sure to include the following information:

Name

MacrossWorld Handle or Screen Name

Number of tickets you want to purchase

Once payment has been received, you will get a confirmation and have your ticket put into the drawing.

MacrossWorld Exclusive Agreement

If you are lucky enough to win this prize, the last stipulation is that you MUST keep it and NEVER sell the sketch to anyone outside of MacrossWorld. If for some reason, you do not want to keep this rare piece in your collection, then sell it back to MacrossWorld Con or give it to another MW member. If you purchase a ticket, then you agree to these terms.

Good Luck to everyone that participates in this rare opportunity to own an exclusive piece of Macross artwork!

*Announcement!*

Due to the overwhelming demand we are considering increasing the number of tickets for sale to make sure everyone has an opportunity. We have not made a final decision yet, but if the opportunity drawing sells out in the next couple of days and there is still a demand for tickets from eligible MacrossWorld members, we may increase the number of ticket sales to accommodate them.

This decision is not yet final and will be dependent on ticket sales. Also, for those attending MacrossWorld Con and are planning to purchase tickets there, I would suggest reserving tickets by PM'ing me and you can pay for them at the con.

Good luck Everyone!!!

Another MacrossWorld Con Update!!!

I have the list of items for the regular MacrossWorld Con Raffle and the special Pre-registration raffle. For those that have pre-registered for this year's con, you will automatically be entered into a Pre-Registration raffle;

Pre-registration Raffle Grand Prize:

Macross Shot Glass

Macross Frontier Poster Ver 1

We will also be selling regular raffle tickets with 7 fantastic items for you win! Raffle tickets will be sold to anyone in attendance at the con for $1 each OR get a special with 6 tickets for $5.

Here are the list of prizes for the MW Con Raffle:

Macross ShotGlass

Macross ShotGlass

Macross ShotGlass

Macross Frontier AM/PM promo poster

AND best of all... the Grand prize for the MW Con Raffle is:

Yamato GNU-Dou Retailer Exclusive YF-19 (Special weathered version!!!)

All these prizes were donated by Otaku2.com

Here are some pics of the special GNU YF-19 exclusive

7-15-08003.jpg

7-15-08005.jpg

Here are some pics of the posters and Macross shot glass:

7-15-08012.jpg

7-15-08011.jpg

7-15-08007.jpg

7-15-08008.jpg

In addition to all these great prizes... we have FREE give aways to attendees as well!! We have promo flyers and other cool Macross stuff to be given out during registration! See the pic below for an example of some of awesome giveaways!

7-15-08006.jpg

If you haven't made plans to come out to this year's con... you're missing out!!

we need to get someone in an outfit like this at the con.... haha....

minmay03.jpg

FINE!!! I'LL WEAR MINE...

wtf... people. Contact kiririth about the Mikimoto raffle, not me... I don't need to know how many people are trying swoop the prize from under me...

It'll be mine... just wait and see...

More updates!

15 spots have been reserved in this year's Macross Poker Tournament on Saturday, July 19th at 6pm at the Long Beach Arc. We currently have 5 prizes to payout the top 5 players. We still have lots of space for you to join this year and have a chance to claim the title of MacrossWorld Poker Champion 2008!

I'll even make you a fake bracelet if you want... haha... :p

Here are the list of prizes again:

PRIZES!!!

1st Place: Yamato 1/60 YF-21 (Donated by HobbyLinkJapan)

2nd Place: Yamato 1/60 VF-0A

3rd Place: Toynami/Popbox Max Doll (Donated by AnimePunch)

4th Place: Macross Shot Glass (Donated by Otaku2)

5th Place: Macross Frontier Poster AM/PM (Donated by Otaku2)

Edited by kiririth

More updates!

15 spots have been reserved in this year's Macross Poker Tournament on Saturday, July 19th at 6pm at the Long Beach Arc. We currently have 5 prizes to payout the top 5 players. We still have lots of space for you to join this year and have a chance to claim the title of MacrossWorld Poker Champion 2008!

I'll even make you a fake bracelet if you want... haha... :p Buy-in is $25... We may accept buy ins on site too.

Here are the list of prizes again:

PRIZES!!!

1st Place: Yamato 1/60 YF-21 (Donated by HobbyLinkJapan)

2nd Place: Yamato 1/60 VF-0A

3rd Place: Toynami/Popbox Max Doll (Donated by AnimePunch)

4th Place: Macross Shot Glass (Donated by Otaku2)

5th Place: Macross Frontier Poster AM/PM (Donated by Otaku2)

I WILL WIN!!! At least I like to think so.

:ph34r:

We have a sick amount of freebies and prizes to give away this year. Much more than any previous year so this is the year to come if you love free stuff. I've seen all the stuff as it has come in and everything is so tempting to try and win especially the Mikimoto sketch. I just assumed it was on a piece of sketchbook paper or something but it's more substantial than that. It'll look great hanging in my...uh....some lucky MW member's collection.

As for the poker tournament, come one come all to try to dethrone last year's poker tournament champion....ME! Of course, as long as I place I'll be happy. All of the prizes this year are great.

there's no buy-ins

I was curious of that when Kiririth had mentioned that. So there are NO BUY-INs? If that is true...then good.

well, it's a mandatory $25 donation to get into the tourney. :D

I know that much though. I was just wondering if there will be a buy in once the tourney is about to start? I thought it was open to those who paid ahead of time. I'm confused I think. :wacko:

It's a terminology thing. It's a $25 donation to play in the poker tourney to try to win one of the prizes. We are trying to get people to pre-reg for the tourney but last year we allowed late comers to register for the tourney. Once you are busted out of the tourney you cannot re-donate to get back into the tourney. Once you're out, you're out.

It's a terminology thing. It's a $25 donation to play in the poker tourney to try to win one of the prizes. We are trying to get people to pre-reg for the tourney but last year we allowed late comers to register for the tourney. Once you are busted out of the tourney you cannot re-donate to get back into the tourney. Once you're out, you're out.

Well no worries here mate. I won't be out till the end. :lol::lol::lol:^_^

This year we have 2 confirmed vendors attending this year's con selling LOTS of Macross and other Anime/TF goodies!

ToyHell and TSINC (Treasure Island) will be setting up their shops at the con on Sunday during our exhibition hall. Remember to bring cash to buy some of the Macross goodies you've been wanting!!

This year we have 2 confirmed vendors attending this year's con selling LOTS of Macross and other Anime/TF goodies!

ToyHell and TSINC (Treasure Island) will be setting up their shops at the con on Sunday during our exhibition hall. Remember to bring cash to buy some of the Macross goodies you've been wanting!!

NICE!!! Now can you say whether they will have decent prices or not?

Hey did SOL ever come up with a T shirt design for this year???Just gonna print up the flyer art work??

hate to see this CON not have a shirt..especially after all this planing and prep work.

Hey did SOL ever come up with a T shirt design for this year???Just gonna print up the flyer art work??

hate to see this CON not have a shirt..especially after all this planing and prep work.

I thought it was mentioned earlier that there would be a shirt. Not for certain though.

Solscud is working on getting the shirts printed in time for the con... hopefully he'll pull through...

as far as prices go for the vendors... Treasure Island usually has fair market prices for their macross merchandise when its not a low stock item... however their prices have been known to go up with inflation prices for rarer items...

I've gotten quite a number of good deals from them... i'm not sure about Toyhell's prices but they are based in LA...

do i have to register if im gonna pay at the door?

I can go both days but i think saturday im gonna have to meet at LB instead of Frank n Sons...

Im currently driving a vespa until my Ninja funds are accumulated and driving from FnS to to LB on a scooter well...lets just say ill meet in LB lol

Edited by SpacePirateNeko