Official MacrossWorld Con 2008 Information Thread

Here's a video of the Mikimoto Drawing!! fun times everyone! post up your pics everyone... thanks for a great time... =]

Looking at that video, I realize I sound like a total A-hole when I don't win. I'm sorry to RuskieAussie and everybody else. I had a great time and was happy to contribute to the con.

Thanks for posting the pics and video it really showed how well the event went.

There were so many interesting things to see there like the neat custom, vendors, band, macross fans, and the cool video game area. I was hoping to see a macross type game though.

I wonder how hard would it be to bring my own collection to this event next year?

Anyway best convention ever.

Also did anyone else give blood?

YOUTUBE video of lil Ranka Lee (cosplay) singing Aimo Aimo at Macross Con 2008

MIRIYA COSPLAYING AS RANKA LEE SINGS AIMO AIMO AT MW CON:

Enjoy! :)

THAT WAS AWESOME!!! The vid just is not as good as seeing it in person! Tell her she was WONDERFUL!

:ph34r:

allright settle down now. settle down. haha j/k

:lol: but......but.....she really was awesome. I wish I could sing in Japanese......or at least sing <_<

I don't think i ever did my official recap post since Bigkid and Exo already took the initiative to to thank everyone who was involved with putting together this con. Good Job guys!

I appreciate everyone's thank yous to me, but i truly don't deserve most of the credit. There were a LOT of people involved in making this con successful and it wouldn't have been so great without all of the fans that attended. I was overwhelmed by the amount of attendees that showed up for the con! I guess our flyers worked at AX and Frank and Sons.

I posted some credits for the con in my

on youtube but i should really post it here as well.

Save - Huge thanks for always supporting MacrossWorld whether it be hooking up the con with great prizes or even just helping a member get something from Japan. You are constantly putting other members before yourself and you truly deserve the most credit for making this con and this forum a great success. You're the epitomy of the ideal MW member, always trying to help out his fellow mates. Thanks for being such an awesome stand out guy!!

Bigkid24 - Much credit needs to go to Bigkid for being my consultant on EVERYTHING that had to do with the con. In fact, he gave himself the title of Assistant MacrossWorld Con Coordinator and the title sure does fit. George listened to all of my ideas for the con and gave great feedback on everything, (Except for the Macross Trivia which was indeed EPIC FAIL... haha) He even helped edit the Sponsor letter i sent out which got us so many great sponsors this year. On top of that, he organzied the failed Trivia Contest, but it was fun.. right? He helped me organize the Mikimoto Drawing. He volunteered before and after the con to set up. And he even helped out during the con to run registration and set up the customs contest. Bigkid deserves a lot of praise for his contribution to MacrossWorld and the con.

>EXO< - Alex is one of the biggest Macross fans i know and is sort of well respected on the boards...haha... Yet he has done a LOT for MacrossWorld and this year's con. He stepped up to make an awesome flyer design which we distributed more than 500 flyers at Frank and Sons and Anime Expo. He gave a lot of input on how to run the customs contest, poker tournament, and even started a panel discussion during the con to show off NMB4M's 2-Seater 1/48's. He has been active every year in MW Con, collecting prize donations from all around the world, and was also able to connect with Save this year to get us the most donations we've ever received. Besides tearing up winning tickets and beating a lot of people in poker, EXO also deserves a lot of credit for doing the behind the scenes work to make the con great.

MW Con 2008 Sponsors - This has been the most successful year due in part to the generous donations of our sponsors. Thank you for your support of MacrossWorld and Macross fans!

HobbyLinkJapan - http://www.hlj.com/ - Thank you Joseph for the Ultimate YF-21 Package including a Yamato 1/60 YF-21, Yamato GNU YF-21, and a Revoltech YF-21. It was a pleasure working with you!

Overdrive - http://www.over-drive-inc.com/ - I had the pleasure of meeting the guys from Over-drive at AX 2008 and they are a great bunch of guys. Takashi is an awesome guy and really contributed to this year's con by donating a 1/48 25th anniversary VF-1S and ALL the free T-Shirts that were given to the MW Con 2008 Attendees. All those black T-shirts were donated by Over-Drive. Thank you so much for your support and we'll definitely keep in touch.

Bigbadtoystore - http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/default.aspx - Joel runs one of the best toy sites on the internet with some of the best customer service i've ever experienced. Thank you for your support of MacrossWorld Con and donating $200 in gift certificates to your awesome store!

Anime Punch - http://www.animepunch.com/catalog/ - AP is home to a lot of MW members and the people behind the site and forums are Mindy and Ricky. Thanks for all your help setting up this year and donating a Toynami/Popbox Max Doll for a poker prize! You guys are a blast and are always helpful to get toy collecting community!

Otaku2 - http://www.otaku2.com/ - This is SAVE's website that donated all the Macross Shotglasses, Posters, Flyers, Pizza Box, Bags, and the Retailer Exclusive GNU YF-19. We can't thank you enough for providing us with all these rare Macross goodies that we would never have been able to get on our own. Thank you thank you thank you!!

Valkyrie-Exchange - http://www.valkyrie-exchange.com/ - We all know Kevin's oustanding service to the MacrossWorld community over the years. He's been involved with sponsoring MW Con since it 1st started and he's always been a great asset to MW. Thank you for donating the Urban Camo GBP as a Customs Contest prize (hehe...which i won by the way... legitimately) Kevin is known to go out of his way to please all of his customers. You are much appreciated by all of us!! Thanks for everything you've done for MW and the cons!

JasonKimberson aka SonRiku - Ricky took a lot of time helping set up the Street Fighter Alpha Tournament and helped me throughout the day setting up and taking down stuff. You're one of the most generous people that i know and i really appreciate all the help you've given and your support of everyone on AP that need those toy goodies. You're awesome dude...

Solscud007 - It's been a big task to take over the con after you've been hosting it for so long, but with your help, its gotten bigger and better each year. The amazing MW Con T-Shirt were designed and made by Nick. He has amazing photography skills and makes everything look good... (except pictures of Bobe-Patt..haha... ) Nick probably ranks up there with the geekiest Macross nerds there are... plus he has an uncanny ability to find the best deals and is the biggest opportunist EVER!! haha... bastid... thanks for falling asleep everywhere and helping out with the con.

NightmareB4Macross - Thanks for donating such a wonderful cake to the con!! It was literrally the icing on the cake that made this con so spectacular and memorable. Plus your cool Custom work was nice too... Thanks for hosting the panel to share all your hard work you've done with your 1/48 2 seaters... It's great to see new customs that everyone is dying to have.

Booby Trap - JasonC, RazorX, and the rest of the band.....You guys are super awesome and also deserve credit for making this con amazing! Live music to entertain a crowd of hardcore Macross Fans... Mari who??? haha... You guys rocked the house and really added a lot of flavor to this year's Con. We'll have you back every year from now on!!!

xstoys - Your toy collection is always a highlight of every con Tony. Thanks again for hauling it out and setting up your jaw dropping collection of rare macross goodies!! We'll do it again next year!! haha....

Vendors - Part of what made this con amazing was the amount of stuff we had for sale!! So thank you to Major Tom, TripmyWire, and Toyhell.com for coming out to sell a bunch of cool stuff. I hope you sold a lot of stuff... (and saved all the good stuff for me later... haha.. )

Customs Contest Participants - This contest is what makes MW Con special because we get to see exclusive new Macross customs each year!! I'm hoping we can make this event bigger each year, but thank you to Rohby, EXO, NMB4M, Solscud007, Orguss01 (and me too..haha... ) for putting in all the effort to create beautiful new customs to show off at the con. Keep up the good work and finish your customs earlier next year so you guys can be on time!!!

Bobe-Patt and Eternal D - Thanks for helping to set up for the con and take stuff down... I hope Pat doesn't owe anyone a lot of money this year.... Did anyone get "bobe-patted" ?? (look up Bobe-Patt on UrbanDictionary.com) hahaha.....D, Tell maria congrats on 3rd for the poker tourney!!

Shawn - We all can't thank Shawn enough for hosting the site and supporting MW Con every year. This community owes you a ton for brinigng us all together. None of this would be possible without you so you're the man!!

Egan Loo - Our resident Macross expert!! You helped out this year by bringing your game systems and great displays. I'm grateful for your support and i'm sure a resident aussie is very thankful to you too... haha....=]

Mechatek and MisterRyno and AgentGHQ and GTA Macross - Although you guys were regular attendees, you were always asking me if i needed help setting up stuff. thanks for coming out early and helping to set up and take down stuff. Much appreciated guys!!

All the MacrossWorld Con 2008 Attendees!!! - You guys are the best group of fans out there and are always happy to get together and have a good time. It was a pleasure meeting all of you and I really hope you guys enjoyed yourselves at the con. I had a blast and i'm looking forward to future cons!! Without you guys coming out every year, we wouldn't have a con!! so keep up the fandom and hopefully high gas prices won't keep you away... we'll see you next year!

Hopefully i'll still be around to host the con next year but we'll see how things go... =] thanks again to everyone... it was a pleasure to be MW Con 2008 Coordinator... PEACE!!!

Edited by KiriK

Bee/KiriK- thanks to you and the rest of the organizers for putting together a fantastic event. It was our first MWCon (Razor, kids and I) but it certainly won't be our last. :)

Thanks to all the sponsors... it's good to know the industry supporters. I will make sure to buy my items from them.

THAT WAS AWESOME!!! The vid just is not as good as seeing it in person! Tell her she was WONDERFUL!

Thanks misterryno. I appreciate that. I'm glad you liked Miriya's little performance. She had just as much fun.

(on a side note... I really hate how youtube degrades the video quality on free accounts. Here's the same video on MySpaceTV:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoid=39019798 ) at a better resolution and sound quality.

So when's the next SoCal party? :lol:B)) I've got a new Macross shot glass to try out! :ph34r:

Thanks misterryno. I appreciate that. I'm glad you liked Miriya's little performance. She had just as much fun.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoid=39019798 ) at a better resolution and sound quality.

So when's the next SoCal party? :lol:B)) I've got a new Macross shot glass to try out! :ph34r:

Hey...thanks for the linky!!! BTW....isn't that a "milk" glass ;)

Looking at that video, I realize I sound like a total A-hole when I don't win. I'm sorry to RuskieAussie and everybody else. I had a great time and was happy to contribute to the con.

huh wha? :lol: Which one was u?? :p

I LOVED this video, lol it cracked me up, seriously all you guys that appeared or was heard on the video was just icing on the cake winning the comp, i have saved it and i'll probably watch it over and over again, specially when EXO rips up my winning ticket. ......

Ass! :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Solscud007 - It's been a big task to take over the con after you've been hosting it for so long, but with your help, its gotten bigger and better each year. The amazing MW Con T-Shirt were designed and made by Nick. He has amazing photography skills and makes everything look good... (except pictures of Bobe-Patt..haha... ) Nick probably ranks up there with the geekiest Macross nerds there are... plus he has an uncanny ability to find the best deals and is the biggest opportunist EVER!! haha... bastid... thanks for falling asleep everywhere and helping out with the con.

I shall call my "uncanny ability to find deals" my mutant factor mwahahahaha. And apparently my Mutant factor requires extreme and constant recharging (hence me shutting down and sleeping haha) The opportunist is just my chinese heritage of bootlegging shining thru.

Also credit goes to someone else for drawing the SD Thunderhammer. I just got the image and slapped it on a shirt with a little touch of my own ideas thrown in.

Thanks. It would be nice to design a custom box for the Thunder Hammer. I still have not printed up Kicker773 custom box. The box printing prices were way steep!

No problem.....just stating a FACT!!! I love your work and will always be impressed I am sure.

Can you post a hi-res shot of that TH box mock-up??? It would make great desktop wallpaper...

Sure. Just PM me on Saturday. I did not do this as a box but afterwards thought it would be decent as a box. So the dimensions are not perfect. Anyway, yeah remind me on Saturday. I am away from my graphical assests at the moment.