Official MacrossWorld Con 2008 Information Thread

Just got back from Frank and Sons. I'm surprised by this but after kiririth and I spoke to them it sounds like they are really interested in coming to set up shop at the con. We talked to Vince, Yoshi, Treasure Island (I know these guys' online shop get a bad rap but their booth at F&S is very good and competitive). That filipino guy with the TRANSFORMERS stand and Carl, my friend that has a lot of vintage he wants to get rid of. Not to mention Mindy from AnimePunch will be there with "stuff".

If there are any dealers here that want to bring goods, email kiririth. There's no cost at all.

AND YES!!! to the people that have PM'd me about the Mikimoto sketch... It actually says Macrossworld on it!!! Oh man... I want it!!!

Just got back from Frank and Sons. I'm surprised by this but after kiririth and I spoke to them it sounds like they are really interested in coming to set up shop at the con. We talked to Vince, Yoshi, Treasure Island (I know these guys' online shop get a bad rap but their booth at F&S is very good and competitive). That filipino guy with the TRANSFORMERS stand and Carl, my friend that has a lot of vintage he wants to get rid of. Not to mention Mindy from AnimePunch will be there with "stuff".

If there are any dealers here that want to bring goods, email kiririth. There's no cost at all.

AND YES!!! to the people that have PM'd me about the Mikimoto sketch... It actually says Macrossworld on it!!! Oh man... I want it!!!

Awesome news bro!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Kirirth---I think Street Fighter for the video game tournament sounds like a rockin idea!

:ph34r:

btw anybody showing off their stuff at the con?

There will be a showcase area for people to show off their collections.... If you have items you'd like to bring, we'll have space for you to display it... =]

Here's the tentative layout of the con with a list of events planned so far.

MWCon2008Layout.jpg

For those that are interested in attending.. remember to pre-register!!! All pre-registered attendees will receive a raffle ticket for a chance to win some awesome Macross Items. ONLY Pre-registered attendees will be eligible for this raffle!!!

Here's the tentative layout of the con with a list of events planned so far.

MWCon2008Layout.jpg

For those that are interested in attending.. remember to pre-register!!! All pre-registered attendees will receive a raffle ticket for a chance to win some awesome Macross Items. ONLY Pre-registered attendees will be eligible for this raffle!!!

Hmm I wonder what is going in that center "special display" section haha.

If nothing goes wrong, I'm actually going to be somewhere in the general part of the world as MWcon! But is anyone else coming from San Diego? I'll split gas money. Or recommend a good rental company.

I'm flying in there and grabbing a ride with another MW member. I will discuss your post with him and then reply back here or PM you on what I find out.

Looks like i am most likely not going to be able to make it this year. I really wanted to but totally ran out of money and my credit cards are almost maxed. Just not financially feasible for me. I hope to make it next year.

I was searching for the Macross theme song for my DJ'ing gig and ran across this site. You can download a lot of the songs from Macross. Best part is they are instrumental and are great for karaoke. I thought I would post it here and maybe you guys can have a contest at the convention for a prize or something. I for one would do it if that sketch was up for grabs.

Will you lovveee me tooomorrowwww!!!!!!!

http://www.animekaraokes2.com/anime/m/macross.html

OO

If nothing goes wrong, I'm actually going to be somewhere in the general part of the world as MWcon! But is anyone else coming from San Diego? I'll split gas money. Or recommend a good rental company.

Contact AgentGHQ. I havent seen him in a while. but he is in San Diego. Heck Shawn of MW is in San Diego. well closer to Legoland now. but still int he vicinity.

stay tuned for a complete list of events along with all the awesome sponsored prizes we have to give away!!! We've got a LOT of great stuff this year.

Remember to preregister in order to enter a special drawing for preregistered members only!

how about a special drawing for those that prereg'ed really early????.......................????????????????

????????????????????????????????????????..............................................................

..................................doh !!!!!!!! worth a try....

Edited by orguss01

I'm flying in there and grabbing a ride with another MW member. I will discuss your post with him and then reply back here or PM you on what I find out.

Well it looks like you're already gone for some time, and I'mgoing to be gone for about a week starting Friday, so don't our planning schedules work out awesome! :p Oh well it won't mean that I can't go if I don't hook up with a group, as I found out it shouldn't be to tricky to rent a car, but we can still split expenses if it can be discussed at the last minute. Anyone in the area can PM me if they want to set something up if and when I'm around.

With the Con a little over a week away, we're finalizing all of the list of events!!! We have a wonderous slew of sponsors including our newest one this year, our very own VALK-EXCHANGE!!

Thank you to all the sponsors that have donated all of our prizes for this year's con. This is truly going to be the best con we've put on!

EVENTS

MacrossWorld Customs Contest

Sponsored by Over-Drive and BigBadToyStore.com and Otaku2

This is MacrossWorld Con's oldest and traditional contest and this year we have the best prizes ever for them. All submissions must complete an entry form at the registration table. Attendees can enter as many customs as they wish, but can only be eligible to win 1 prize if it places in the top 3.

Customs must not have been used in previous cons and must be new to this year's con. Paid commisioned customs are wecolmed and allowed but will be placed in a seperate category with different prizes. Owners that submit the paid customs will be eligilble to win the prize for that category.

*UPDATE* Anyone on MacrossWorld Forums can participate in this year's Customs Contest even if you cannot attend the con! If you want to enter a piece for a chance to win any of the prizes below, PM me for details on how to get your contest entry to the con and back. GET WORKING ON THOSE AWESOME CUSTOMS!!!

1st Place Customs Contest Prize: Yamato 1/48 25th Anniversary VF-1S Valkyrie (Donated by Over-Drive)

2nd Place Customs Contest Prize: $100 Gift Certificate to BigBadToyStore.com

3rd Place Customs Contest Prize: $50 Gift Certificate to BigBadToyStore.com

Paid Commissioned Custom 1st Place: Macross Shot Glass (Donated by Otaku2)

Edited by kiririth

Macross Poker Tournament

Sponsored by HobbyLinkJapan, AnimePunch and Otaku2

This year's MWcon Poker Tournament will take place on Saturday, July 19th, 2008 at the Long Beach ARC. The tournament will start at 6pm and run until there is a MWcon Poker Champion.

This is a No-Limit Texas Holdem poker tournament and prizes will be given out to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner.

Maximum Players: 27 (3 tables of 9 players each)

Buy-in Amount: $20 + $5 to the LBARC (total $25) No Rebuys

Prizes: To be determined but will have a prize value of approximately $200 for 1st place, $100 for 2nd place, and $60 for 3rd place.

Players will get $1000 in chips to start with and will follow the following blind structure:

15 minute blinds

-1st hour-

10-20

20-40

30-60

40-80

-5 Minute Break-

-2nd hour-

50-100

75-150

100-200

150-300

-5 Minute Break-

-3rd hour-

200-400

300-600

400-800

500-1000

Blinds will continue to raise by 100 every 15 minutes after the 3rd hour is up until 1 player is declared the winner. When tables are uneven, we will move players from the table with the most players to table with the least. We will move the person that was in the same position relative to the Dealer Button as the player that was just eliminated.

General Rules

-No rabbit chasing

-No discussing hands if it's in the same deal, even if you already folded.

-A player can't hint or discuss possibilities of their folded hands.

-The next dealer shuffles their own cards.

-If the big blind is taken out during a hand, there will be no small blind for the next deal.

-We'll seat people randomly.

-If there's a push and there's an odd chip left, then the kicker decides who gets it. If the kicker is the same then the odd chip goes into the next pot.

-English only on the table.

-No cell phones while seated on the table.

-No eating on the tables.

-No pouring drinks on the tables.

-No spilling on the tables.

-Players must show all their highest denomination chips at all times.

-Verbal declarations are binding.

-No string betting.

-No actions out of turn. They may be binding.

-You can only call "time" on a long decision if you're still in the hand. Players that have folded cannot call "time". A person has 30 seconds to decide. 20 seconds will be silent and then there's a 10 second verbal countdown. The player will forfeit the hand if they fail to decide.

-No coaching other players.

Reserving a Seat

In order to reserve a seat, please PM me or email MWCon2008@gmail.com telling me that you would like to reserve a seat in the Poker Tournament. Buy-ins MUST be paid before the con and after you have sent payment, I will post your name here confirming your poker tourney registration. If you want to pay for the tournament via Paypal, send $25 to MWcon2008@gmail.com and select "service" under category of purchase and write a note saying "Poker tourney registration" If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post here in the thread!

Registered Players

1. Kiririth

2. Mysterryno

3. >EXO<

4. BigKid24

5. JasonC

6. Hirohawa

7. Bobepat

8. Eternal D

9. Solscud

10. Snip312

11. Kyatsu

12. Agent GHQ

13. Lance

PRIZES!!!

1st Place: Yamato 1/60 YF-21 (Donated by HobbyLinkJapan)

2nd Place: Yamato 1/60 VF-0A

3rd Place: Toynami/Popbox Max Doll (Donated by AnimePunch)

4th Place: Macross Shot Glass (Donated by Otaku2)

5th Place: Macross Frontier Poster AM/PM (Donated by Otaku2)

Edited by kiririth

Video Game Tournaments

Sponsored by HobbyLinkJapan

This year we will have 2 video game contests with prizes donated by HobbyLinkJapan. In addition to each prize, there is a 10% coupon to HLJ included in each prize for the winner of the contest! Thanks HLJ!

You can sign up for the contest at the registration table. There is no fee to enter. Each tournament will have a maximum of 16 players and will be narrowed down by bracket. Winners will move up each round until there is 1 tournament champion.

Macross Plus (PS1) Tournament

We will have this game running from the start of the con for people to practice playing.

Grand Prize: Revoltech YF-21 (Donated by HobbyLinkJapan)

Street Fighter Alpha 3 Tournament

We will have this game running from the start of the con for people to practice playing.

Grand Prize: Yamato GN-U YF-21 (Donated by HobbyLinkJapan)

Edited by kiririth

Macross Chunky Monkey Transforming Contest!

Sponsored by BigBadToyStore.com

Here's something we haven't done in awhile! This contest will test who is the fastest and most accurate chunky monkey transformer. Contest is free and open to all attendees. Registration in not limited. Old 1/55 takatokus, Bandais, and Jetfires will be provided to use.

Contestants will compete in rounds to transform their 1/55 chunkys as fast and as accurate as they can. Contestants with the fastest times will compete in a 2nd and 3rd round until there is 1 winner.

Grand Prize: $50 Gift Certificate to BigBadToyStore.com

Edited by kiririth

Macross Trivia Contest!

Sponsored by Otaku2

We are testing everyone's Macross knowledge in an interactive Macross Trivia contest that everyone can participate in!! Make sure to remember random Macross facts in order to answer the questions correctly for a chance to win a prize!

Grand Prize: Macross Shot Glass and Macross Frontier Poster (Donated by Otaku2)

Edited by kiririth

Damn, the more I see and read about the con the more I want to come. Lord willing and the creeks don't rise, you guys can rest assure I will be at next year's event! I'm bringing a boatload of cash to go on a toy shopping spree while at Frank & Sons too!

Another MacrossWorld Con 2008 Exclusive!!! Over-Drive-inc.com has generously donated a FREE T-Shirt for everyone in attendance at this year's con ($10 value!!! sold at AX this year!) Thanks Over-Drive!

Make sure you pre-register to guarantee your free T-Shirt! Pre-registered guests will get first dibs on a variety of T-Shirt designs from Over-Drive.

You only need to say one of two things to get me there... "boobs" or "tshirts form Overdrive". I'm so happy that we're getting the tshirts... but somehow there's a part of me that is disappointed you didnt say the other thing...

but heck yeah! I'm there!!!

seriously though... you only need to say it...

SAY IT!!!!