Official MacrossWorld Con 2008 Information Thread

There's always a bunch of pictures taken at the con and we usually post them up soon after... check out last year's con thread to see some of the goodies that were brought... trust me... there's gonna be a lot more this year!!!

Here's the registration info:

MacrossWorld Con 2008 Registration

This year's con will have an entrance fee that covers the cost of the venue and food and will be good for both days of the con. We will have registration deadlines but will also accept on site registrations. The fee schedule is as follows:

$5 - Early Bird Registration until April 30th

$8 - Regular Registration until July 15th

$10 - Late Registration and at Door Fees

In order to register for the con, please email MWcon2008@gmail.com with the following information:

First and Last Name

MacrossWorld Handle or ScreenName

City, State

Preffered Payment Method: Check, Money Order, or Paypal

But it's good for me cuz I gotta make sure theyre's enough to cover the guns baby!

We do not want to know about your man boobs EXO. :p

the last time i saw your avatar NB4M the VF1D kit looks like it was about done =)

hmmm...No progress pic in his avatar. Not coming to the con to show off the 1/48 two-seaters.

Could this mean you you're prohibited to disclose any more info because Yamato bought your designs? :rolleyes:

pleaseletitbepleaseletitbepleaseletitbepleaseletitbepleaseletitbepleaseletitbepl

easeletitbepleaseletitbepleaseletitbepleaseletitbepleaseletitbepleaseletitbepleas

eletitbepleaseletitbepleaseletitbevpleaseletitbepleaseletitbepleaseletitbepleasel

etitbepleaseletitbepleaseletitbe

Kit is done

WOOT WOOT!!! Cannot wait to see pics! I hope you will recast this so I may buy one. Too bad that we won't be able to see it or you in person at the con. I bet that kit is SWEET!

:ph34r:

quick question for Kirrith, do you still want the band to play? I think we'll have like one Macross song to play, and a set of other songs people should like

YES!!! Bring the band!! We should add that to the flyers... haha....

Wow, this year is gonna be awesome! A live band and plenty of prizes and funding by major sponsors. I just got word that we're getting HLJ as a sponsor and they're donating some great prizes. And if that's not enough we already had BBTS, Over-Drive, and Queen Dolce Akihabra as sponsors.

I'm doing everything I can to find sponsors to this years con. There is a very special prize coming that I will announce shortly, and boy will it be hard for me not to keep for myself. I only wish I could join you guys, maybe I can skype call the event or something.

Edited by Save

I'm doing everything I can to find sponsors to this years con. There is a very special prize coming that I will announce shortly, and boy will it be hard for me not to keep for myself. I only wish I could join you guys, maybe I can skype call the event or something.

Hey Save... send me or have the sponsors send me Hi-Res files of their Logos so I can put them on the flyer. Send me one for yourself too. You can email it to the registration email address.

And take pictures this time as some of us aren't going.

the minmay hostesses all have "no photos allowed" on them... besides, the flash bounces of the dancing poles and renders the video unwatchable anyway, so videotaping would not be an option. You'll just have to see it for yourself. Come for the lapdances, stay for the donkey show! Debauchery all around!

Blame >EXO< :D

This just in... Mikimoto has donated a sketch as a prize specially for MWCon. Now we just need to figure out how to give out this baby... Maybe we can have a contest for someone with a screen name that starts with an E and ends with an O and has an X in the middle...

mikimotomwwatermarkqz4.jpg

Thanks to Save for acquiring this.

This just in... Mikimoto has donated a sketch as a prize specially for MWCon. Now we just need to figure out how to give out this baby... Maybe we can have a cotest for someone with a screen name that starts with an E and ends with an O and has an X in the middle...

Thanks to Save for acquiring this.

AWESOME PRIZE!!! I hope YOU don't win it! :lol::lol::lol: Just kidding...

now that we have a lot of prizes to give away at the con... i need to finish the schedule of events... Last year, we didn't have an organized video game tournament due to lack of interest, but this year we will have 2 for sure and the prizes will be a Yamato GN-U YF-21 and a Revoltech YF-21. The Video Game contests will be sponsored by HobbyLink Japan.

GNURevoltechYF-21HLJ.jpg

I'd like to hold 1 video game tournament from a Macross flight sim game, but i don't know which one is the best one to use nor do i have access to one. Are there any good suggestions for games to use for this tourney? I also would appreciate if anyone is attending the con and has these games if they could bring it.

For the 2nd video game tournament, we will have a fighting game. It will either be a super smash bros brawl tournament or a Street Fighter tournament (game not decided yet)

Let me know if you guys have any input before i make any final decisions. I will be posting more news about events and the schedule soon.