Official MacrossWorld Con 2008 Information Thread

Attention MacrossWorld!

The con season is approaching and we've finally decided on a date and time for MacrossWorld Con 2008. Sorry for the delay in posting information about the event, but you can trust me when I say this will be the best MacrossWorld convention we've ever put on! I will be posting all new information in this thread including possible guest appearances and event details.

This year we will have a 2 day event starting on Saturday, July 19th and finishing on Sunday, July 20th.

Macross World Con 2008 Event Details

Saturday, July 19th, 2008

Frank and Sons/Poker/Macross Viewing and Game Night

12pm-2pm at Frank and Sons Collectible Show (19649 E. San Jose Ave, City of Industry, CA 91748)

5pm-10pm at Long Beach ARC (3150 E. 29th St. Long Beach, CA 90806)

Sunday, July 20th, 2008

MWcon Events Day/Exhibition Room/Special Guests

9am-6pm at Long Beach ARC (3150 E. 29th St. Long Beach, CA 90806)

Day 1: Frank and Sons/Poker/Macross Viewing and Game Night

This year we're going to kick off MWcon on Saturday by having an informal meet and greet at everyone's favorite SoCal toy show, Frank and Sons! For folks from out of town, this is easily one of the best things SoCal has to offer toy collectors of all sorts. Check out their website here

We will meet at 12pm at the main entrance next to the Food vendors and make our way to the different vendors including some with Macross merchandise. We have members that are frequent F&S visitors that know some of the vendors very well so we'll make sure to introduce anyone who might be looking to purchase anything. ^_^

After Frank and Sons, everyone will have time to get lunch or hang out a bit before heading down to the Long Beach ARC for our annual MWcon Poker Tournament and games. More info on the poker tournament to come, but we will also have video games set up to play for anyone not playing in the tournament. In addition, there will be a big screen for watching episodes of Macross Frontier and other other Macross series and movies for the night.

Day 2: MWcon Events Day/Exhibition Room/Special Guests

As in traditional MacrossWorld Cons, Sunday is our main day where we will set up the main exhibition room with tons of Macross displays, customs, and stuff for sale. The exhibition room will open at 9am and we'll close around 5pm. The schedule for the day has not been finalized but we will have some fun events for everyone to participate in and as always, we'll have our customs contest featuring some of the best Macross Customs this site has ever seen that will be EXCLUSIVELY premiered at the con. This is definitely something you don't want to miss!

We will also have a special performance of live Macross music by one of our own member's band!!! I will post more events for the day as the event gets closer.

MacrossWorld Con 2008 Registration

This year's con will have an entrance fee that covers the cost of the venue and food and will be good for both days of the con. We will have registration deadlines but will also accept on site registrations. The fee schedule is as follows:

$5 - Early Bird Registration until April 30th
$8 - Regular Registration until July 15th
$10 - Late Registration and at Door Fees

In order to register for the con, please send an email to MWcon2008@gmail.com with the following information:

First and Last Name
MacrossWorld Handle or ScreenName
City, State
Preffered Payment Method: Check, Money Order, or Paypal

Be sure to include "MW Con Registration" in the title of the email. You can also PM me with the information above, but be sure to include your email address. After you register, I will send you information about sending payment. After you have paid, I will send you a confirmation email of your registration and you will have a name badge prepared for you the day of the con.

Thanks to everyone that has supported the con over the past 7 years!!! We're looking forward to a great con so make sure you find a way to get down to Long Beach from July 19-20th! We'll see you then! Edited by kiririth

Macross World 3rd Annual Poker Tournament

This year's MWcon Poker Tournament will take place on Saturday, July 19th, 2008 at the Long Beach ARC. The tournament will start at 6pm and run until there is a MWcon Poker Champion.

This is a No-Limit Texas Holdem poker tournament and prizes will be given out to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner.

Maximum Players: 18 (3 tables of 6 players each)

Buy-in Amount: $20 + $5 to the LBARC (total $25) No Rebuys

Prizes: To be determined but will have a prize value of approximately $200 for 1st place, $100 for 2nd place, and $60 for 3rd place.

Players will get $1000 in chips to start with and will follow the following blind structure:

15 minute blinds

-1st hour-

10-20

20-40

30-60

40-80

-5 Minute Break-

-2nd hour-

50-100

75-150

100-200

150-300

-5 Minute Break-

-3rd hour-

200-400

300-600

400-800

500-1000

Blinds will continue to raise by 100 every 15 minutes after the 3rd hour is up until 1 player is declared the winner. When tables are uneven, we will move players from the table with the most players to table with the least. We will move the person that was in the same position relative to the Dealer Button as the player that was just eliminated.

General Rules

-No rabbit chasing

-No discussing hands if it's in the same deal, even if you already folded.

-A player can't hint or discuss possibilities of their folded hands.

-The next dealer shuffles their own cards.

-If the big blind is taken out during a hand, there will be no small blind for the next deal.

-We'll seat people randomly.

-If there's a push and there's an odd chip left, then the kicker decides who gets it. If the kicker is the same then the odd chip goes into the next pot.

-English only on the table.

-No cell phones while seated on the table.

-No eating on the tables.

-No pouring drinks on the tables.

-No spilling on the tables.

-Players must show all their highest denomination chips at all times.

-Verbal declarations are binding.

-No string betting.

-No actions out of turn. They may be binding.

-You can only call "time" on a long decision if you're still in the hand. Players that have folded cannot call "time". A person has 30 seconds to decide. 20 seconds will be silent and then there's a 10 second verbal countdown. The player will forfeit the hand if they fail to decide.

-No coaching other players.

Reserving a Seat

In order to reserve a seat, please PM me or email MWCon2008@gmail.com telling me that you would like to reserve a seat in the Poker Tournament. Buy-ins MUST be paid before the con and after you have sent payment, I will post your name here confirming your poker tourney registration. If you want to pay for the tournament via Paypal, send $25 to MWcon2008@gmail.com and select "service" under category of purchase and write a note saying "Poker tourney registration" If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post here in the thread!

Registered Players

1. Kiririth

2. Mysterryno

3. >EXO<

4. BigKid24

5. JasonC

6. Hirohawa

7. Bobepat

8. Eternal D

9. Solscud

10. Snip312

11. Kyatsu

Edited by kiririth

Is anyone interested in making a flyer for MacrossWorld Con?? kinda like how the guys in malaysia had their cool 25th anniversary convention flyer... it looked very professional and well designed...

i lack photoshop skills so if anyone is willing to make a flyer design... we'll post it up and hand it out to folks ... Just needs the basic information for the dates, times and locations....

Also... i'm working on getting sponsors for the con... =]

• 1 month later...
Once again I can't make it. Its to close to my semi-annual business trip to Asia. I've come to the conclusion that I will never make a MWcon. :angry:

To let you know that it is also the same weekend of Wonderfest in Louisville.

Wonderfest in Lousiville? Is this the same convention that's held in Japan?

• 4 weeks later...

Reminder that Early bird Registration ends on Wednesday of this week, April 30th. Right now, the con only costs $5 to attend both days and it includes lunch on Sunday. How can you beat that?

July 19-20th, 2008 in Long Beach, CA.

In order to register for the con, please email MWcon2008@gmail.com with the following information:

First and Last Name

City, State

Also, i have an exciting announcement!!! www.BigBadToyStore.com has generously donated gift cards as prizes for MW Poker tournament and other contests during the Con.

I will keep you all updated with other sponsors to the con as we hear back from them. Don't miss out on this year's con featuring brand new Macross customs that will blow your mind!

Reminder that Early bird Registration ends on Wednesday of this week, April 30th. Right now, the con only costs $5 to attend both days and it includes lunch on Sunday. How can you beat that?

July 19-20th, 2008 in Long Beach, CA.

In order to register for the con, please email MWcon2008@gmail.com with the following information:

First and Last Name

City, State

Also, i have an exciting announcement!!! www.BigBadToyStore.com has generously donated gift cards as prizes for MW Poker tournament and other contests during the Con.

I will keep you all updated with other sponsors to the con as we hear back from them. Don't miss out on this year's con featuring brand new Macross customs that will blow your mind!

$5 + Lunch = A STEAL!!! I can't wait...hopefully I'm not to rusty and I 'll woop some bum at the poker table. I wanna steal some little kids candy! :D

:ph34r:

Remember... 1 more day to register for only $5 before it jumps to $8... (big jump huh???).... We've got sponsors this year, better and bigger customs... plus screenings of the new Macross series... It's gonna be a great time!

Remember... 1 more day to register for only $5 before it jumps to $8... (big jump huh???).... We've got sponsors this year, better and bigger customs... plus screenings of the new Macross series... It's gonna be a great time!

PMed you.

I have to check with my work to see if I am working that weekend. <_< I remember they scheduled me for a two-week work trip sometime in July. But it's near Santa Barbara, so I will drive down if I have to.

• 2 weeks later...

FROM SAVE, OUR RESIDENT MEMBER IN JAPAN, AND MY HERO

Yamato 1/48 VF-1s 25th Anniversary Edition (quantity 1 donated by Over-Drive)

Macross drinking/shot glass (quantity 12 donated by me but most came from Queen Dolce Akihabara)

Macross Frontier Ver. 1 posters (4 donated by Queen Dolce Akihabara)

Macross Frontier AM/PM promo poster (2 donated by Queen Dolce Akihabara)

Tons of promotional fliers for last years 25th Anniversary Concert, Yamato Macross Toys, Macross DVDs, and music fliers. There should be enough for everybody who attends to get some fliers.

There are a few other odds and ends I'll end up tossing in I'm sure.

Looks like we have what may be the grand prize for the custom contest. We're possibly going to raffle off the shot glasses (and have free shots for people that win them, haha...) and give aways at the door.

Please stay tune! for more announcements!

FROM SAVE, OUR RESIDENT MEMBER IN JAPAN, AND MY HERO

Looks like we have what may be the grand prize for the custom contest. We're possibly going to raffle off the shot glasses (and have free shots for people that win them, haha...) and give aways at the door.

Please stay tune! for more announcements!

Either that or it could be the Grand Prize for the poker tourny no!?!

Is there any way we can get a recording to show us poor members what we are missing? :D

Even ones of youz dead drunk, we don't care! I'd love to go to a MacrossWorld con....

the minmay hostesses all have "no photos allowed" on them... besides, the flash bounces of the dancing poles and renders the video unwatchable anyway, so videotaping would not be an option. You'll just have to see it for yourself. Come for the lapdances, stay for the donkey show! Debauchery all around!

• 2 weeks later...
the minmay hostesses all have "no photos allowed" on them... besides, the flash bounces of the dancing poles and renders the video unwatchable anyway, so videotaping would not be an option. You'll just have to see it for yourself. Come for the lapdances, stay for the donkey show! Debauchery all around!

Snap. There's going to be a donkey show???!!? You guys will live like GODS. :lol:

How much you wanna bet AgentGHQ will be there? You say "strippers" or "hookers", he will be there in a flash. Anyways,

I will check on flights to see if I can go there.

i so wanna go, but i doubt the gf will let me attend since we're heading to HI that same week and we already bought our tickets =( . Anyone wanna get me souvenirs and i'll refund them =) (i.e. con exclusive stuff ;) )

Are taking pictures even allowed at the con? thought i'd ask since I know NB4M and others will show their goodies and would like to know what i missed out on. Is someone gonna be the photographer for this event?