A Macross 7 video game

The White Comet

With all of these guitar controllers coming out all over the place does anybody think how amazing a Macross 7 game would be? Especially when you consider a motion sensing guitar designed to look like the flight stick of the Fire Valkyrie? It's too bad Macross 7 is past its prime in Japan. Now would be the perfect time for a Macross 7 game to come out. I can only imagine what it would be like. Maybe dodging attacks while firing speaker pods and everything that moves trying to keep the spiritia level bar as high as possible. For super attacks there can be the sound booster and for tight situations there are the leg missiles, but if you used those the spiritia level would go down. Someone needs to propose this to Sega.

There was actually a Macross 7 game for the Gameboy released back in the mid or late 90s. I might still have it somewhere. It was a side scrolling shooter.

Graham

Yeah and to beat the bosses you had to press A and B according to the rhythm of the particular song being played, much like what you guys are describing here. I actually remember it coming out in 1999 or 2000 which was fairly late seeing the show had ended its broadcast in 1995. It was a Gameboy Color game.

Yeah and to beat the bosses you had to press A and B according to the rhythm of the particular song being played, much like what you guys are describing here.

Only if you were flying a Fire Bomber jet when you reached the boss(final boss excepted, since you're forced to Basara for that one).

If you're NOT Fire Bomber, you can blow 'em to Hell.

Honestly, I had trouble dodging attacks while hitting the beat. And since later bosses were more aggressive AND had more complex beats.... yeah, I never finished it, despite it being a rather lightweight shooter.

That's why no matter how much Gamlin despised Basara (at first) he couldn't begrudge his piloting ability...

He was just furious that he would fly around singing songs instead of killing the enemy (like every person of good conscious should do!) :)

Guitar Hero: Mac 7 edition? Sounds logical but Asia only release I bet if it ever came out.

macross 7 should be a part of a new new macross game.

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=24809

usin' blu-ray/ps3 technology you are now able to play sdf macross, dyrl, mii, mf, m7, mplus and m0 all on the same game (a la sdfm and dyrl on the ps2 as sdfm). the m7 part of the game could have an option to play with a guitar gamepad.