Free Fan Robotech/Macross game project

SeminNV

The fighting game technique is an interesting direction to take. I kind of like it. It's difficult without actually piloting a Valk to get it to move like a valk without using OverTechnology. So, presets may be the next best thing. I'm curious to see how it turns out.

• 2 weeks later...
The fighting game technique is an interesting direction to take. I kind of like it. It's difficult without actually piloting a Valk to get it to move like a valk without using OverTechnology. So, presets may be the next best thing. I'm curious to see how it turns out.

Very well said. I could not choose better words to express this flaw of these games.

Tiny apdate!

The project is going to fruition. Soon there will be a tech demo where you can choose a vf, fly around and shot some turrets and ship. This screen are from Radeon 1600 256 mb video , CPU 2.8 Ghz , RAM 2GB , Windows XP.

aerofightglsl2008122200uh1.png

aerofightglsl2008122200fx3.png

aerofightglsl2008122200yf8.png

aerofightglsl2008122200tp4.png

aerofightglsl2008122200bi4.png

aerofightglsl2008122200sf4.png

Marked and noted for future reference~!

Anyway, I think that the amount of detail for the SV-51 is fine as it is. The nose cone already abuses some polygons as it is now, but that is only a minor gripe that I can see past. I still think that you should work a bit on flushing the edges of the parts so that the plane looks smoother. The area of concern is where the head area is and the shoulders on the side of variable fighter. Then again, I do not know if it is your intention to make the parts as they are now.

This is a pretty picture; I am not intentionally comparing your work with that person's work, but I wanted to point out that Semin has gotten the general shape of the SV-51 done on his 3D model. I am sure that with textures, visually, the aircraft will be a lot better.

SV-51_01.jpg

Who did this model??? looks good.

BTW I MUST get a hold of that CARRIER MESH !!!!!!!!!! :)

Origrinal mesh is not mine. But it is still unfinished.

I think after completing it I will have the right to desitribute it

Looking really awesome!!!

No, it is not. But check this

aerofightstage6alluw7.jpg

some work in progess

VF-0D

vf0dscreenfinalhh1.jpg

VF-4

vf4screenfinalyb4.jpg

VF-A

vfascreenfinalpw5.jpg

Happy New Year!

Should have said you needed an Alpha fighter. Could of saved you a little bit of time meshing unless you just had the urge to build one. Still need to build the hands and create the gun pod for it though plus texture it.

First of all, since you appeared in the thread, I 'd like to thank you and Dartallion for givving me some of your models and offering help. Currently I am remodelling his VF-4.

But, I have some suggestion. From what I understood, you had bad experience with another game project. As you can probably see now, my project is serious simply because I am not doing MMO. I am a realistic guy, and my game concept is feasible.

So, if you want to finally help the project, here are my advises. I oututline that these are advises, not demands. I think well of you, and these are just suggestions from a person who wishes you all best

1) I cannot reach you with skype or email. You did the VFA, but it is not how I woild like to see it in the game. I mean design, nt details like texture and all that. We need proper communication, otherwise all your efforts are pointless.

2) I have some critics on models. Guys, this is 2008! not 2002. Use 10.000 - 20.000 polys, texture size 1024 at least. What is highly recommended: normal/bump map and specular map. This is the state of art in game industry.

Nex,t look on my Sv-51 and Alpha

- My cg models are exact copies of blueprints!

- All parts look connected during trasformation or animation

- There is a cockpit

sv51subwindow1edpm1.th.jpg

sv51subwindow2edwn1.th.jpg

sv51subwindow3edln9.th.jpg

sv51subwindow4edfj4.th.jpg

sv51subwindow5edti8.th.jpg

vfasubwindowte1.th.jpg

3) The program you are using.

Lets face it - ms3d is outdated! For your own good, please, switch to smth more professional.

I suggest bledner. I managed to learn it in 2 months while working on sv-51. I am sure you can do it faster, since you are originally better modellers than me.

Edited by SeminNV

Actually Milkshape can do all that and is Set for Bump Mapping and is quite easy. Not to mention it does have a 3D_Max setup about it. Blender is still to buggy for my taste. So try not to bash it to much. It is maintained and updated all the time as well. It may only have a max poly setup of 50k but since there is no need to go past 20k for game models then its completely fine. Not to mention its quite easy for people to learn it. And a lot of games with mass area renders use lower count poly's to help with multiplayer performance. Try a stress test of say 24 people in a fully mapped level and see how much performance lag there can be.

@_@ Whoa... SeminNV, I cannot believe that you modeled the joints and hinges! Honestly, I really do not know if anyone will even notice that in a video game setting. I hope that 10k-20k polygons per object is a good idea. Do not forget that you wanted to use bump mapping and all sorts of shaders. That, the number of objects on-screen, game logic, and physics (and maybe network code in some future?) all influence the frames per second.

NP with the carrier, just wanted to say that pic of a side approach with the sun gleaming off the deck is outstanding!

I know it doesn't belong in space, but that's where I wanted to put it, probably as a replacement for our Prometheus model (it's very LP), I am however in collaboration with the Starshatter SB team and they have an "Enterprise" that looks promising. might be a few weeks before I can get a hold of it however.

First of all, since you appeared in the thread, I 'd like to thank you and Dartallion for givving me some of your models and offering help. Currently I am remodelling his VF-4.

But, I have some suggestion. From what I understood, you had bad experience with another game project. As you can probably see now, my project is serious simply because I am not doing MMO. I am a realistic guy, and my game concept is feasible.

So, if you want to finally help the project, here are my advises. I oututline that these are advises, not demands. I think well of you, and these are just suggestions from a person who wishes you all best

1) I cannot reach you with skype or email. You did the VFA, but it is not how I woild like to see it in the game. I mean design, nt details like texture and all that. We need proper communication, otherwise all your efforts are pointless.

2) I have some critics on models. Guys, this is 2008! not 2002. Use 10.000 - 20.000 polys, texture size 1024 at least. What is highly recommended: normal/bump map and specular map. This is the state of art in game industry.

Nex,t look on my Sv-51 and Alpha

- My cg models are exact copies of blueprints!

- All parts look connected during trasformation or animation

- There is a cockpit

3) The program you are using.

Lets face it - ms3d is outdated! For your own good, please, switch to smth more professional.

I suggest bledner. I managed to learn it in 2 months while working on sv-51. I am sure you can do it faster, since you are originally better modellers than me.

Well first let me go over the points.

1] The VF-1J was done for the MMO guys in low poly format. We have a sort of poly budget to use on models, the ship in question has only 2200 polys. Still needs some more additional attention to it yet.

vf1.jpg

2] Even in 09, large scale combat with 10-20K models will eventually choke the CPU or GPU which ever comes first. If you are going for the Ace Combat approach with no multi-player function then its do able. As for textures, I have been doing 1024's for over the past four years, it was a set standard around then. But I only do one texture map, no specular mapping. For one, when trying to recreate a game model based on cell shaded animation series a single texture with layers should do the trick. If you are going for the ultra realistic, which seems to be the direction, then yes all three would really make a model come to life. Only problem is, most game engines, will render that one model in three passes, vs a single pass with the single layer causing the over all frame rate to go down.

As for bump mapping and specular mapping, I have yet to learn that process.

Making my cockpit canopy clear, is also something I have been looking at doing as well. Right now it is not feasible with the MMO group. clear cockpit means a cockpit needs to be mesh in. Thus adding to the poly budget, granted a very basic and simple one can be put in place and let the texture do the work for yah. In any cae I have yet to find the right documentation to do the clear canopies.

VF-1J & Alpha Fighter are all based off of blue prints as well. Both handle and are designed to go threw the transformation process as well, just in low poly form. Alpha fighter is only 1600 polys, the hands still need to be done for the ship but that is up in the air until I have an understanding on how much articulation needs to be designed into them.

3] I use Wings3D for my modeling work and an ancient Paint Shop Pro7 for texturing. In the process of attempting/learning to texture in Wings3D. But all of my model screen shots are done in 3D Exploration which makes a huge difference in presentation quality.

As for the bad experience with another group on a game project. Yes, I did have one but since I was the only person on the project it had nothing to do with the project. It had everything to do with the Non-3D Max tools needed to convert the models over into the correct format for the game. I got tired of spending 8hrs on one ship model just to get the basic features into the game. Only to see 1 poly texture thrown off of the ship model. Why spend over 20hrs to get one ship in game for it to look like utter crap. The game engine was StarShatter 2, it has huge potential for those that use 3D Max. For us non 3D Max people if the magic tool didn't convert the ship properly you where just out of luck. Then I ran into a poly limit issue with it, anything close to 10K worth would choke the converter.

Here are some samples, extremely old ones (6 Plus years on the StarShatter game engine)

ingameikazuchigoingdown.jpg

ingamescout.jpg

So the project is not dead, I just need to find a game engine that I can tweek with out the use of 3D Max and or learning how to script code.

Please, by no means I am not a great modeler. I am still trying to figure this stuff out by messing with it until I get the desired affect. The only reason why I ever started modeling in the first place was to see in my Life Time this sort of stuff put into a game some 10 odd years ago. Lestat's low poly work was a huge inspiration for me during the HW: DYRL mod team days. His low poly work is just simply out standing.

I can do higher poly work, still not CGI but in that in between stage. Still sticking to a sort of low poly frame of mind but expanding on it a little more. I started playing around with that idea last week. Started redoing the beast from a few line drawings I have found. I tell you what it is harder than hell to come up with the ships out line and transformation process based off of 2.5 inch long line drawings. Three days worth of work and 11.2K polys later the rough shape of the ship has been put in place.

sdf1day4.jpg

As for being on Skype, between the computer crash, buying a new system and needing to get away from the Net for awhile. I have not had the desire to talk shop in awhile.

Even in 09, large scale combat with 10-20K models will eventually choke the CPU or GPU which ever comes first. If you are going for the Ace Combat approach with no multi-player function then its do able. As for textures, I have been doing 1024's for over the past four years, it was a set standard around then. But I only do one texture map, no specular mapping. For one, when trying to recreate a game model based on cell shaded animation series a single texture with layers should do the trick. If you are going for the ultra realistic, which seems to be the direction, then yes all three would really make a model come to life. Only problem is, most game engines, will render that one model in three passes, vs a single pass with the single layer causing the over all frame rate to go down.

I am kinda tired arguing with you and other people on performance issue.

Read this please

http://nsider2.com/forums/Polygon-Count-list-t165375.html

Here are some examples that caught my eye:

Gears of War, Xbox 360, 2006

Wretch - 10,000 polygons with diffuse, specular and normal maps

Boomer - 11,000 polygons with diffuse, specular and normal maps

Marcus - 15,000 polygons with diffuse, specular and normal maps

Halflife 2, PC, 2004

Alyx Vance - 8323 polygons

Barney - 5922 polygons

Combine Soldier - 4682 polygons

Classic Headcrab - 1690 polygons

SMG - 2854 polygons (with arms)

Pistol - 2268 polygons (with arms)

Lost planet, X360/PC, 2007

Wayne - 12392 polygons (but finally 17765 polygons for compatibility with motion blur effect)

VS robot - 30-40K polygons

Background - ~500K polygons

Peak number of polygons per frame - ~ 3 million**

Project Gotham Racing 3, X360, 2005

Cars - 80K-100K polygons (interior + exterior), damages add between 10K and 20K more polygons per car

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue, PS3, 2007

Cars - 200K polygons (probably interior + exterior)

Midnight Club, Xbox360/PS3, 2007

Cars - 100K polygons

Lair, PS3, 2007

Main dragon plus its rider - 150K polygons

16x16KM scene - 134M polygons (streamed into memory, not loaded at run time)

*Might be a cut-scene model

**No precisions whether it's actual rendered polygons or just the number of polygons sent to transform, pre Z-pass and culling.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aslo, did you see screens of upper posts?

There I render about 35k polys in the scene with FPS more than 100. It shows 60 because of Vsync on. I have a poor system for current standards, namely video is Readon 1600 series, 2048 mb RAM, 2.8 Ghz CPU and Windows XP SP2.

This system lets me play NFS:MW on medium settings and COD4 on low settings.

Also, I am currently using Blender Game Engine that is very simple, but as a result not very flexible. It is performance is poor.

What I want to say is that even with these stuff I can render 100.000 polys in real time with shaders and all that. I expect that on GF 8800 type of video card the performace will be at least 10! times faster. SO, I am not worrying about anything. I have enough room in FPS to do what I want. Namely, render twenty 20k polys models at the same time, calculating physics, processing collisions, playing sound and all that necessary in a game.

If you are going for the ultra realistic, which seems to be the direction, then yes all three would really make a model come to life. Only problem is, most game engines, will render that one model in three passes, vs a single pass with the single layer causing the over all frame rate to go down.

Well, again you are not completely right. With Level of Details (LOD) system, everything will be fine.

As for being on Skype, between the computer crash, buying a new system and needing to get away from the Net for awhile. I have not had the desire to talk shop in awhile.

I am kinda confused, because your posts look like a confession, not a business offer or smth else. what acually do you want?

I use Wings3D for my modeling work and an ancient Paint Shop Pro7 for texturing. In the process of attempting/learning to texture in Wings3D. But all of my model screen shots are done in 3D Exploration which makes a huge difference in presentation quality.

Look, I wanted to give you and Dartallion a piece of advice that could save your time. If you want to reinvent the wheel, than be it.

Blender 2.47 is very much stable for all sorts of modelling/ rendeing/ animation. I heard about some bugs on 2.48a that I am using currently, but I never encounter them.

My last appeal to you is just try it out and than make judgement. I did try ms3d, max and blender, and this is why I can do a proper judgement.

I understand your frustration on certain points AA

And SeminNV it's not kosher to compare PC/Console. They each are good in their category.

Console is hardcoded for minor alteration, PC is the KING when it comes to modability though you take a hit on performance, and the general set up of the individual person.

10-20k isn't that bad for the average unit these days.

many of our newer FS2 modelers are cranking out ships that average 20k and it simply amazes me they work so well.

Now I think I mentioned that 2 years ago SCOOBY DOO on Hard Light Productions (the main FS2 site) is the MASTER of the clear cockpit hands down!!!

In fact I just bumped his main thread. AA you should go there and talk to him. Ask him how he does it and makes those low poly models look like they just came from SCI-fI meshes.com. He single handily revamped many of the WC meshes for the saga team.

Here I marked page 1 of his 8 pages of releases as he mentions his progress, plans and trials with clear canopies and cockpits. He's done about a dozen fighters not just in that thread. You should definitely post or PM him.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php...ic,52678.0.html

Sorry for the minor hijack SeminNV, I thought this was critical info all modelers could benefit from! ;)

One last thing, that SDF-1 is looking SWEET!!!! A huge improvement from your first one for sure.

Edited by Star Dragon

I am kinda tired arguing with you and other people on performance issue.

Read this please

http://nsider2.com/forums/Polygon-Count-list-t165375.html

Here are some examples that caught my eye:

Halflife 2, PC, 2004

Alyx Vance - 8323 polygons

Barney - 5922 polygons

Combine Soldier - 4682 polygons

Classic Headcrab - 1690 polygons

SMG - 2854 polygons (with arms)

Pistol - 2268 polygons (with arms)

Lost planet, X360/PC, 2007

Wayne - 12392 polygons (but finally 17765 polygons for compatibility with motion blur effect)

VS robot - 30-40K polygons

Background - ~500K polygons

Peak number of polygons per frame - ~ 3 million**

Project Gotham Racing 3, X360, 2005

Cars - 80K-100K polygons (interior + exterior), damages add between 10K and 20K more polygons per car

Midnight Club, Xbox360/PS3, 2007

Cars - 100K polygons

Lair, PS3, 2007

Main dragon plus its rider - 150K polygons

16x16KM scene - 134M polygons (streamed into memory, not loaded at run time)

*Might be a cut-scene model

**No precisions whether it's actual rendered polygons or just the number of polygons sent to transform, pre Z-pass and culling.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And most models* in Flight Simulator X (All settings maxed) run 100K+.

Some planes run in the 400K range**

Lowest Poly model I recall from FSX was, I believe, 60K.

*The pre-installed planes

**Very high quality models with a lot of details....

I have the FS2004 VF-1S Valkyrie, and I believe its poly count is 90K. The FSX YF-19 is in the 100K Range.

Poly counts run higher than you'd think, people. And a GPU doesn't have much to say in this. The GPU just processes the displayed portion of the model at any one time. The CPU processes the whole model, and inputs to the model's position, in relation to the viewpoint, and sends that data to the GPU for display.

And, before I forget, I believe Marcus Fenix's cutscene model in Gears of War 2 runs 120K+.

GTA IV often finds itself loading over 1 Million polys at once.

well then you have games like WOW and they are running low poly's and it really does now depend on hardware and game engine what level of poly's you need. As for Ancient and I we are working on a MMO with a huge map. When its done it will be maybe 100mill poly count but we want to keep our models at low level. More poly's also don't mean better models. Its just more stuff to worry about to go wrong in a lot of cases. More Z fighting more points of bend and rotation that can be pushed out of position. Lots of other little details.

But telling us to update our software and change to his program is pointless if we want to run high level of Poly's I would switch to my 3D max program. But I am really used to and comfortable with Milkshape3d and it does what I need it to do. Changing a learning a new program to do the same models I currently do is kinda of pointless. More like time wasted.

And based on our custom built game engine and our modeling needs we still run lower poly counts to help maintain the game play level we want. Having the potential of having 1million players on one map makes this more of a requirement.

You know, no where in my post did I even attempt to flame. But it does seem to be a habit of someone to start a conversation to egg someone on. Or maybe I am just to dense and read into the post you directed at me, when I was attempting to lend a hand and possibly help out.

Frankly I shouldn't even be posting even this statement and leave this whole topic alone like intended. I am not looking at winning this discussion nor do I care to, if you think this is another attempt to flame about this subject you would be incorrect. I have more respect for this forums do to so.

I offered help and was hit with 3 reasons why I am behind the modeling curve. Fine, not a problem so I attempt to explain what is going on and the reasons for it and it is taken as an attack. In your response ,I am not arguing with you about performance but I guess I have been several times now? When I was talking about large scale combat, based towards the MMO and not directly at your game engine. Hence the reasons for low poly ship budgets. I drop the subject then someone finds the time to bring it up again and I get nicely lumped into a flame wars group.

I do not mind criticism or discussing a topic look at the last series of posts I have enough thrown right at me. for simply offering to help & explaining why I am modeling in low poly format.

For the last time, I am done posting in this thread, period. I have no intention of ever helping you at this point with this project due to obvious personality issues/differences between the two of us.

Edited by AncientAngel

You know, no where in my post did I even attempt to flame.

I did not mean you nor persons on page 8.

My remark was a joke directed to StarDragon excuse that he was going off topic.

I meant evens that were going on from page 3 to 5.

THat's it :p

Edited by SeminNV

Origrinal mesh is not mine. But it is still unfinished.I think after completing it I will have the right to desitribute it

Only if the original owner agrees. I can't "rewrite" windows xp and claim rights over it.

IMHO: "to make a model looks good its not all about the poly count, if you use just what is needed so it will not look bad it's fine. What makes the model looks better is the work done on the texture, and in-game post-processing effects."

Can't really compare GT5P or UT3, GT5P is done just for PS3, UT3 is a "next-gen" (or now-gen) engine. I guess blender doesn't have all the features they have.

Edited by akt_m

IMHO: "to make a model looks good its not all about the poly count, if you use just what is needed so it will not look bad it's fine. What makes the model looks better is the work done on the texture, and in-game post-processing effects."

Yeah, but having a 100K poly model that's round, and not hexagonal, looks better to start with. Add post-processing, and it looks freakin sweet. :lol:

Yeah, but having a 100K poly model that's round, and not hexagonal, looks better to start with. Add post-processing, and it looks freakin sweet. :lol:

Actually you can round out a model and have it look good with out being 100k. Honestly your getting to a point where the human eye on average doesn't pick up the extra detail. Heck the VF4 he has a screen of is the one I made and it is 2880 polygons. Now I can make it look a lot better now with the extra experience I have and fix a bunch of visual features and still come out lower then that. The VoXP team has rebuilt the model with an even lower poly count and it looks fantastic because of the texture work.

It takes a lot of talent to model a low poly model and have it look right. And those guys and Ancient Angel are some of the best Modelers I have seen on Poly Budget modeling. And I have worked in the game industry and know quite a few great modelers. And these guys are one the same level if not some what ahead of them.

But like I said the Model has to fit the need and we the MMO group don't need high poly models.

like this one

post-5333-1231032183_thumb.jpeg

This model only has 2022 polygons and is a great looking model because of the Texture

Actually you can round out a model and have it look good with out being 100k. Honestly your getting to a point where the human eye on average doesn't pick up the extra detail. Heck the VF4 he has a screen of is the one I made and it is 2880 polygons. Now I can make it look a lot better now with the extra experience I have and fix a bunch of visual features and still come out lower then that. The VoXP team has rebuilt the model with an even lower poly count and it looks fantastic because of the texture work.

It takes a lot of talent to model a low poly model and have it look right. And those guys and Ancient Angel are some of the best Modelers I have seen on Poly Budget modeling. And I have worked in the game industry and know quite a few great modelers. And these guys are one the same level if not some what ahead of them.

But like I said the Model has to fit the need and we the MMO group don't need high poly models.

like this one

post-5333-1231032183_thumb.jpeg

This model only has 2022 polygons and is a great looking model because of the Texture

I've got the same plane in FSX in 2 different poly counts, and the higher-poly one looks better... Given, the texture on the low-poly one sucks a bit...

However, all that aside, the total poly count for a Flight Simulator-grade plane includes the entire model, external surfaces, internal surfaces, moving parts, cabin, and all. The models I speak of have landing gear bays, cabins, airbrake internal surfaces, and landing gear modelled in detail. So, their poly count's gonna be INCREDIBLY high.

To ALL

Guys, this discussion is really pointless.

My goal is to finish the project, and using lots of words is not getting me closer to this goal.

From this standpoint - have this project finished- you either flame or help.

There is no alternative. I have no time and intention to asnwer all these posts.

P.S. By "flaming" I simply mean that the discussion itself going on here is pointless.

I don't mean that you are breaking any forum rules, or should be banned, or whatever.

• 4 weeks later...

These are my last 2 posts on this forum. The project is not over, we don't stop or quit. I simply see no reason to be a part of this community anymore.

On February 5th 2009 will be 1 year since my first announcement of Free Fan Robotech / Macross Game Project on this forum. I 'd like to sum up what we got during the last year.

To start with, I want to say that the project was established around May 2007, though I was thinking about it from December 2006. By that time I had some experience with C mostly for computational programs, but I was a complete noobie in computer graphics. At that time everything looked like this:

afsreensstage1so9.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In February 2008, I registered to this forum mainly because I was in search for cg models and modelers. At that time I could not do any modelling at all, the screen-shots looked like this:

afsreensstage2xj4.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got some feedback here, but users did not seem to like my idea for some reasons. Those who had models probabely were afraid that my project would fail many many others. I do understand that. So, around March 2008, I started learning a bit of milkshape 3d, did a couple of very poor models myself. Here is how it looked like on the screens and Video #5.

afsreensstage3te5.jpg

As a result of this breakthrough, some people lent me their cg models in June 2008. Namely, It was Darrtallion,but, in fact, there were more people who did model them. I know only AncientAngel and BretaiSmth. I do thank them for that. Based on 2 of the contributed models, currently now I am developing VF-4 and VF-A (see post below).

Finally, in August 2008, with the great help of Sakura Shinguji, who gave absolutely suited for my goals YF19, I switched to Blender and Blender Game Engine.

afsreensstage4kd4.jpg

in December 2008, the project managed to attract a programmer dpsstudio, who is currently developing in parallel the game in panda3d game engine. Also, another person from this forum, op4_delta, gave me several of his great models.

Latest screens and Video #6 from Blender Game Engine (January 2009)

afsreensstage5nh3.jpg

Latest screens from Panda3D game engine (January-February 2009).

This last stage already has gameplay!

afsreensstage6io1.jpg

At last, the models park we have now. No doubt, it is still a big WIP. This big project to have finally mostly all VFs modelled started around fall 2008. Gradually it is getting to a completion.

Model park.

YF-19

vfyf19screensok3.jpg

SV-51

vfsv51screensbx7.jpg

VF-0D

vfvf0dscreensek0.jpg

VF-A

vfvfarh8.jpg

VF-4

vfvf4screensqx6.jpg

VF1S, VF21, VFB, VF11

vfrestscreensgk9.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In case anyone is interested in the curret status here is my youtube channel. I upload new videos there from time to time

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nikolay116

Other website, where the progress is reported and people do care about it.

http://rdfhqcommunicationscenter.yuku.com/...otech-Game.html

http://gerwalk.net/modules/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=124

http://www.gameblender.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=551

http://www.gamedev.ru/projects/forum/?id=88837

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=142922

Again, I thank people who did pay interest to the project. If you want to help - please, write to my email directly:

semin_nikolay + gmail + com (remove _)

Don't bother answering to this post, because I don't have any intensions tobreak my word and post again.

2Mods: in principle, you can close the thread.

Edited by SeminNV

• 6 months later...

Sigh, I'd be more inclined to join as an animator (intermediate level of knowledge in kinesiology and biomechanics) if this were being developed in XNA or Torque.

Aside from that, Blender has to be the most unintuitive application ever devised and I've been tracking its progression for close to 5 years now...