Hey! What are you working on?

Wicked Ace

What's going on in here? I'm sick of seeing my stuff already. :lol: Seriously, a couple of those projects don't look nearly as bad in person, especially that Flanker scheme one -- could my photography make that thing look any worse? Here's one more Sundowners that I have:

sundownerscf002yr3.jpg

Edited by Wicked Ace

Over on this page is what I was working on until last week.

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=24956

I have guests in town, who have taken up the room I need to complete this. Plus, too humid these days to get any spraypainting done.

You, isamu dyson, and EXO have some cool stuff in the works. I can't wait to see more.

What's going on in here? I'm sick of seeing my stuff already. :lol: Seriously, a couple of those projects don't look nearly as bad in person, especially that Flanker scheme one -- could my photography make that thing look any worse? Here's one more Sundowners that I have:

sundownerscf002yr3.jpg

I feel your pain. My work looks better to the naked eye than on a camera... That being said, yours looks better on camera (actually, outstanding) than mine does...so by deduction I must conclude that your work looks unf***ingbelievable to the naked eye.

I feel your pain. My work looks better to the naked eye than on a camera... That being said, yours looks better on camera (actually, outstanding) than mine does...so by deduction I must conclude that your work looks unf***ingbelievable to the naked eye.

For many of us, we're our own worst critics. Honestly, looking at many of the pics miriya posted of my stuff, I literally cringe. I'm almost embarrassed that I had the nerve to do close-up shots. These toys were done with a "I'll make it good enough to look at on my personal shelf" attitude, rather than "I'll go all out, all resources and free time be damned" attitude. I guess I could compare cleaning up my place to cleaning up my place, because company is coming. :) I hope my rambling makes some sense.

edit: I've noticed many posts lately by members wanting to see some 1/55 scale stuff. I know you and your Chunky Monkey Mafia have some projects y'all could give us sneak peeks at. Bring on the pics.

Edited by Wicked Ace

My stuff always photographs better than it looks in real life.

Anyways, Wicked Ace--how about a sunburst ventral fin? May be a bit much combined with the tail's sunburst, but VF-111 did use them, though never simultaneously with a tail burst (I think they have a "one sunburst" rule)

Or maybe--all red with a thin white stripe around the fin's edge. Both VF-111 and VF-1 had designs like that. Or do VF-84/VF-2 style, but in 111 colors

My stuff always photographs better than it looks in real life.

Anyways, Wicked Ace--how about a sunburst ventral fin? May be a bit much combined with the tail's sunburst, but VF-111 did use them, though never simultaneously with a tail burst (I think they have a "one sunburst" rule)

Or maybe--all red with a thin white stripe around the fin's edge. Both VF-111 and VF-1 had designs like that. Or do VF-84/VF-2 style, but in 111 colors

Here's plan B. "Miss Molly" from 1989 to the rescue.

pb060044et4.jpg

The gunpod. I did a little dirtying up, but not a whole lot. Hmmm. The gunpods for both the VF-0 and VF-1 aren't weapons that can be reloaded by simply putting in a fresh magazine. It seems to me that these gunpods, like spent spray paint cans, bottles of liquor and girlfriends, would be often tossed aside when they cease to do anything for you, so these things would likely not collect much dust while mounted to the variable fighter.

The same, I figure, would be true of the missiles mounted to the hard points on the wings. In wartime, especially when alien invaders are involved, I wouldn't think any combat pilot that survives to fly the next mission would let missiles remain on the hardpoints long enough to get too dirty. :unsure:

pb060047kt4.jpg

Edited by Wicked Ace

Multi-tone woudl be more accurate, but I think you're seeing the fade from the ghost gray to the light gray. It's kind of obscured from the bright overhead light reflected by the shiny Future coat.

That fade was done with rattle cans?

That fade was done with rattle cans?

Yup. I'm pretty good with spray cans, although my best work is on the water tower and major freeway overpasses in my town. "Jenny + me" with a heart around it along with various commission work for some gang bangers are some of the stuff I'm most proud of. ^_^

edit: I've noticed many posts lately by members wanting to see some 1/55 scale stuff. I know you and your Chunky Monkey Mafia have some projects y'all could give us sneak peeks at. Bring on the pics.

Here you go.

All of these under construction.

post-318-1202249949_thumb.jpg

Funny cause I am looking forward to battroid pics! I am a battroid kinda robot though so it makes sense.

I just want to see fighter pics to see how the scheme fit's the next generation fighter, like looking at an F-4 and an F-14 from the same squadrons. But I'm pretty much a Battroid guy myself and the fact that they transform into planes is just a bonus. :)

Hi, this is my first post here :)

Here's what I've been working on for the past week of so. I don't have an air brush. I'm using Gundam marker, pastel chalk, colour pencils and silver paint.

Also working on my VF-1J

Hey welcome to the forums and great first post! I like the way that is turning out. What are you going to use to coat it with?

Hi Miriya :) Thanks for the kind comments.

For Striker parts, I sprayed topcoat on the plastic as it is too smooth to hold the pastel chalk. After that do panel lining, weathering. Then followed by several coats of semi-gloss topcoat.

For VF-1J, at first I tried grey Gundam Marker, but it contrasts too much with the off-white VF-1J :( , so I use light grey panel wash to go over it. Then topcoat followed by grey pastel chalk. It's still wip...