Hey! What are you working on?

Wicked Ace

The Models forum has a large "What's lying on your workbench. . ." thread or two, so I thought one belonged in this section to include both the talented toy and model artists.

Since no talented artists have had a chance to reply, I'll post pics of what I'm spending a Friday night doing. It's okay, because I have no life. Actually, that's not true; I just don't want to go out to do grown-up (i.e. boring) stuff. Anyway, I'd much rather hang out on MW acting like a nerdy juvenile. :) I've got this on my table:

pb010023nz8.jpg

pb010024kd8.jpg

Edited by Wicked Ace

Really nice work Wicked ace :)

personnaly i'm finishing the shep's spaceship from "interstella 5555"

Shepcons48_th.jpg

and beginning an "Armed Force" at approximatively 1/15 scale

forcair15_th.jpg

these are fullscratched models ;)

I'm working on a 1/12 VF-1 (fighter mode) project (it'll be a looooooong project, lol. when it'll really begin ;) )

Edited by isamu_dyson

Really nice work Wicked ace :)

personnaly i'm finishing the shep's spaceship from "interstella 5555"

and beginning an "Armed Force" at approximatively 1/15 scale

these are fullscratched models ;)

I'm working on a 1/12 VF-1 (fighter mode) project (it'll be a looooooong project, lol. when it'll really begin ;) )

I have no idea what these things are or what sci-fi they come from, but they look very interesting.

Edited by Wicked Ace

shep's starship is from "interstella 5555" , an anime made by Leiji matsumoto's team around a "daft punk" album.

The ship is about 40 cm long

Armed force is from "jayce and the wheeled warriors" an old 80's anime... it's 32 cm long

Edited by isamu_dyson

shep's starship is from "interstella 5555" , an anime made by Leiji matsumoto's team around a "daft punk" album.

The ship is about 40 cm long

Armed force is from "jayce and the wheeled warriors" an old 80's anime... it's 32 cm long

They made an entire anime for that album? :huh: I loved that video!

Hey, Wicked Ace, Great custom on that VF-0. Really nice. I too am looking forward to seeing lots of pics of the final thing. Did you repaint the legs? Did you make your own decals?

The legs are repainted. The decals are mostly Anasazi37's (a.k.a. Devon) -- I believe these are one of the last sets he did before his "retirement." Some minor decals are leftovers from various model kits. Also, I've had good luck with Robographics (Night Stalker's) decals.

The legs are repainted. The decals are mostly Anasazi37's (a.k.a. Devon) -- I believe these are one of the last sets he did before his "retirement." Some minor decals are leftovers from various model kits. Also, I've had good luck with Robographics (Night Stalker's) decals.

Awesome! Do you paint with an airbrush? What kind of paint are you using?

Awesome! Do you paint with an airbrush? What kind of paint are you using?

I have an airbrush, but I used a rattle can (so far) on this. The "tooth" on the Tamiya spray cans is fine enough for something as large as this thing, and I'm not going to do any pre-shading. Also, I used both Tamiya and Mr. Surfacer brand primers. For transforming toys, I like to use off-the-shelf colors as much as possible in the event I have to touch up places later on.

edit: Painting sure is fun. It's even more fun when you get into too big a hurry and get to do unpainting. <_<

pb030010ik7.jpg

Edited by Wicked Ace

This pic makes it look like it's been rusting away in a barn for 30 years. ^_^

Might I suggest you remove the stripe across the chest or paint it red or white? The dark grey looks a bit out of place now.

The gray stripe won't look out of place when you see the rest of this bird -- there still a lot missing in the pics. ^_^

Link please? I've never seen a collection of Wicked Ace's stuff, and I checked every gallery/custom thread I could find.

On THIS page there is one beautiful "Red Tail Shark" custom and here are two of my favorite photos from that...

rts-15.jpg

rts-7.jpg

Then ....