Song Translation Request - Friends

The Shade

Hey all.

I'm looking for an English translation for the song "Friends" that Mari Iijima sang for Macross' 15th Anniversary. I've googled and looked at various sites, but all they have is a romanji of the Japanese lyrics. I am not looking for a professional job here, just a rough idea of what Mari is singing will do for me.

If you know of a site that has it, that's also good enough for me.

Thanks guys.

Hey all.

I'm looking for an English translation for the song "Friends" that Mari Iijima sang for Macross' 15th Anniversary. I've googled and looked at various sites, but all they have is a romanji of the Japanese lyrics. I am not looking for a professional job here, just a rough idea of what Mari is singing will do for me.

If you know of a site that has it, that's also good enough for me.

Thanks guys.

Okay I have a couple translations on it on my storage but I dont know which is the most accurate and keep in mind they are several years old (probably dating to when the series first aired) I know there is the english language version of the song by "English Fire" but I dont know if that is a direct translation either.

EDIT REMOVED DUE TOO BEING STUPID AND TO SAVE SPACE.

Edited by Sorata

Woops totally missed that and the correct title is spelled "Friends - Jikuu o koete" it means "Friends -Beyond Time and Space."

By the way which version of the song do you prefer the one that both Iijima Mari & Sakurai Tomo sing or the one with just Iijima or just Sakurai? Wait never mind thats Friends - Choujikou wo Hakuete ( I think it means Friends - Surpassing Time and Space) or are they the same song cause I have seen it on different CDs listed as both and yet the titles differ but the song is the same I think. The CDs I am talking of are Friends Lynn Minmay and Mylene Jenius Duet 15th Anniversary which is on the new 25th anniversary set too and Friends - Choujikou wo Hakuete [Lynn Minmay Version] and Friends - Choujikou wo Hakuete [Mylene Jenius Version] cds. Plus the one you linked too above. I have seen it listed both ways.

Edited by Sorata

I don't mind the duet version. Both had good voices for the song, and it worked well for me. Didn't notice the wrong spelling on the Japanese side of the song title, but then again, I took it from a lyric website and these sites are run by amateurs. Yeah, the version I have is from the 25th anniversary album. I dunno why it's such a tough song to find a translation for; maybe it's because it's not featured in any show, so fans don't feel it's worth translating.

I've never even heard of this song before.....

we find ourselves here

drawn by some mysterious force

the familiar smell of rain

and these familiar sights we had seen

from somewhere a voice calls out to me

i turn my ears towards the wind

and i am bathed in a shower of pure light

with the innocent smile of an angel

she mimicks your every move

and whispers as soft as the wind,

"tell me your name"

across the vastness of space and time