Characters comeback in macross frontier

IAS

If any characters from previous additions to the Macross universe make any cameos, it will likely be those from the more recent installments. Or even from the games.

I highly doubt that we'll see anything of the Megaroad 01 or Mao Nome in this series. As for Sheryl's surname, I'm of the opinion that it's simply a nod toward Macross Zero, rather than any sort of relation. Unless someone has official confirmation otherwise, or that it's revealed later on in Macross Frontier.

Well they did have on old guy from SW I who piloted a monster be in macross 7. So it wouldn't be out of the question to have some people from SW I in it.

Maybe what they should do is just have an elf character from the macross 7 ova? Have a mixture of elves, zentradi and humans and the elves make thier own unique mecha that is distinct from the human made and zentradi made mecha.

Well they did have on old guy from SW I who piloted a monster be in macross 7. So it wouldn't be out of the question to have some people from SW I in it.

Maybe what they should do is just have an elf character from the macross 7 ova? Have a mixture of elves, zentradi and humans and the elves make thier own unique mecha that is distinct from the human made and zentradi made mecha.

SW?!? the first thing that jumped in my mind was stormwind... not space war I...

...and then the elf, lol, WoW...

the ghosts of kamjin, roy and kazikaki... sorta like the ghost of starscream in transformers... m0 has already brought the supernatural into the equation.

I would totally bring back Roy!

He'd totally have like, cybernetic legs, and like lazors shooting from his eyes and stuff.

And he'd be Zentradi size.

And have like, FAST packs, and yeah...

Yay, I would go for that, but what would he fly?

so lets assume the megaroad 01 is destroyed.

In macross F would you want a story arc involving finding the megaroad 1 and discovering what happend or do you prefer the mystery?

I'd be interested to see what happend, but what I DON'T want is the fate of the megaroad being tied to the events of MF.

"oh look the megaroad was destroyed by these weird insects!" nah.

I'd like to see it as a side story, and i'd like it to simply be a exploration of some tradgic event. which imho would be a fitting end to the SWI characters story line and the macross theme of life simply happening. Survive a war, then die in an interstellar "car wreck". otherwise i'd just rather the mystery.

realistically thats the only real way i can see recurring characters happening, MF is about a colony ship right? It wouldn't make much sense for Isamu or Fire Bomber to fly all the way out there somehow.

I assume we'l probably see some "camios" though like a minmay T-shirt or a video of basara in concert. but that's all i'm expecting.

so lets assume the megaroad 01 is destroyed.

In macross F would you want a story arc involving finding the megaroad 1 and discovering what happend or do you prefer the mystery?

I'd be interested to see what happend, but what I DON'T want is the fate of the megaroad being tied to the events of MF.

"oh look the megaroad was destroyed by these weird insects!" nah.

I'd like to see it as a side story, and i'd like it to simply be a exploration of some tradgic event. which imho would be a fitting end to the SWI characters story line and the macross theme of life simply happening. Survive a war, then die in an interstellar "car wreck". otherwise i'd just rather the mystery.

realistically thats the only real way i can see recurring characters happening, MF is about a colony ship right? It wouldn't make much sense for Isamu or Fire Bomber to fly all the way out there somehow.

I assume we'l probably see some "camios" though like a minmay T-shirt or a video of basara in concert. but that's all i'm expecting.

First post for me here, woot.

Anyway, I kind of agree with that sentiment. I'd like a story arc where the Frontier fleet happens upon a derelict Megaroad 01 which has no life on it but a recording left by Hikaru and Misa that told what happened and how it ended. Tell a whole story in flashbacks that way.

Anyway, I kind of agree with that sentiment. I'd like a story arc where the Frontier fleet happens upon a derelict Megaroad 01 which has no life on it but a recording left by Hikaru and Misa that told what happened and how it ended. Tell a whole story in flashbacks that way.

It will be a great way to officially end the story without seeing them. Like that, everyone will be happy : the fans knowing what happened to Hikaru, Misa and Minmay and the Kawamori not forcing to show them on screen.

Yeah but why does it have to be tragic? Could they have both an investigation on the missing ship, but no answer as to what happened to the crew? So that way it is left open while you also get the wreck?

Mars base episode for example:

we kinda assume that the boyfriend of misa is dead, but we don't see his body. It could just be that he was captured, imprisoned somewhere, and that the anti-un could have treated him well or badly depending on his behaviour and this could become a story where he escapes or is forced to work as a spy for the anti-un, (he can create a fake story about escaping from the anti un or something) similar to ivanov going rogue and giving secrets to the other side which becomes a shocking revelation. Just leaves possibilities open.

If anything I am dying to see some old school VF-4 valks. Was that what they had onboard as the workhorse valk? Finally then there would be an opportunity for toys of a vf-4 to be made. :p

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

i wouldn't be against a "still mysterious" answer, kinda like those "ghost" ships they sometimes find at sea with all crew just gone, with meals half eaten. you know it is probably omething mundane but man it's eerie.

i could see the megaroad still in 100% working order, or simply depleted of fuel and just missing crew. creepy.

Macross Plus and Macross Trash, I'd like to see the characters from these series having some major roles in the grand schemes of things. As they are now, they're just side stories (Well, actually they ARE side stories, aren't they?)

But no Galactic Whales please.

Edited by Eaglearcher

As for Sheryl's surname, I'm of the opinion that it's simply a nod toward Macross Zero, rather than any sort of relation. Unless someone has official confirmation otherwise, or that it's revealed later on in Macross Frontier.

I don't remember where I read it, but there was an official source that stated that her surname was "Norm".

FV

I don't remember where I read it, but there was an official source that stated that her surname was "Norm".

FV

"Norm" and "Nome" are the same in katakana...it all depends on who's transliterating. And, um, it's "Ichijo," not "Ichigo." "Ichigo" means "strawberry," which would be a pretty lame moniker for Skull Leader...

I have to admit I'm getting déja vu here...from back when everyone here was sure that Edgar's last name meant that Claudia would HAVE to show up in Mac0...

My prediction? When Sara and Shin were whisked away at the end of Zero, they went through a time warp to 2058 that also somehow managed to fuse them together into a single hermaphroditic being...who promptly named him/herself "Sheryl" and started singing.

Back on topic, I'm dying to know what happened to that all-girl band in 7 whose singer wore a witch hat. Maybe they're also now has-beens being managed by Kaifun, who also has a 75-year-old Jamis Melan in his stable of "talent."

My prediction? When Sara and Shin were whisked away at the end of Zero, they went through a time warp to 2058 that also somehow managed to fuse them together into a single hermaphroditic being...who promptly named him/herself "Sheryl" and started singing.

Yeah, makes sense. I guess the time warp was caused by the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-E while travelling back in time to stop Borg from assimilating Macross Frontier ...

Edited by Macross007