Macross DYRL: Proper English Fandub

Hikuro

Well, damn, count me in for internet troubles as well. I've been talking to a couple guys that are trying to work out the logistics of dubbing Macross 7, and was asked to audition for Gamlin's part. Hikuro, are you thinking about doing Macross 7 by any chance? If so, maybe I should get you in touch with these guys. Anyways, here's to the internet, LOL

Makes sense. I think these guys were having the same problems, but it is doable. Anyways. these guys may not have the know how that you have. If you ever decide to work on Mac 7, let me know.

Well speaking of Macross 7.....I was suppose to get lines from 90% of the cast today and that didn't happen, so meh....guess I'lljust sit on my ass and watch the time go by like I usually do.

Wow! I'm know it's not me who's holding things up on that front - I submitted my lines on the day you sent them!

Ah dammit! The sever resetted the upload again! Not only did I loose everything I did this week, but it dropped it from the 25% I left it at last week down to 5%.....-_- crap.

I sure hope it works when you get it uploaded after all the trouble it's given you. In my opinion It deserves to have the highest quality release you give it because it is an amazing fandub of the movie. Everyone did an amazing job.

Hey, quick question, I just got the DVD today, and as I was watching it through, there's a couple parts at the end that start freezing up. Do you think if I try copying on another DVD that it'll fix the problem?

Does it start to freeze as the credits roll? I've had that problem problem. Ifyou want too you can try to burn it to another DVD.

I checked each dvd and they were all working just fine before I shipped them. I've probably watched this dub a thousand times now.

Okay, 86% uploaded, with 7 hours left to go, if this fails again, I give up.

Also those who keep PM'ing me for copies of the DVD, please don't. Right now only copies are going out to cast members or those who in some way took part in the production. I want to make sure that those who helped get to know how much I appreciated their hard work.

have you tried downloading it with another browser?

I'm having a different problem -- I was able to download the file, but when I try to corrupt it I get a message that the archive is corrupt.

Well if it's corrupted I give up. Spent a lot of time and attempts trying to upload it again and again. Oh well.

send a flash drive in the mail with the file on it to someone else, and see if they can come up with an upload idea... I dunno... This seems cursed... HIKURO DOES NOT HAVE GIANT FROATING HEAD'S BLESSING! :wacko:

Never did, if anything he'd zap me with his giant green glowing eyes going "P'WNED!"

Yeah I'm not sending a flash drive to someone lol. I know someone who already has the movie and Boinger said he's in the works on his own video take of the movie using my audio.

Just thought I'd give you an update. I recopied the DVD, and it works perfectly. Got a favor to ask though, can you send me the graffic you used on the DVD title side? I want to print up another one and put it on my new copy. Don't worry, I'm keeping this copy for myself. If not, that's cool, I guess I can always make another one.

I'll post it up later, you'll have to fit it yourself though as the templates I used were from a CD Creator program...can't remember which I think it was from Nero though.

I got bored...so I fiddled with the audio sfx mix aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnd....I can say there almost isn't a single SDF Macross sfx on there, there's 1 which is the alert for the valkyries, but just about everything in this comes in some way from Frontier. So I'm very proud of that!

d/l each one from in parts, install hjsplit, once download just open hjsplit and then its common sense, it puts them into a zip file, unzip extract etc, then you have your folder with the avi in it

ive just spent couple hrs d/l and converting it to dvd and its now in my dvd player on tele to watch :), ive had a quick scan through and im so looking for ward to watching this

oh you will also need to convert the avi file if you want to burn it onto disc

the big d/l is corrupted and the 8 parts take less than an hr to download

I Can't split them unless I turn it into a completed movie file, these are VOB's meaning X amount of movie files each one ranging to about a gig not including audio files and what not. I would have to put them in a folder, zip 'em, HJ split them and just slowly load 'em up.

So if anyone is holding off just for the DVD release just to burn it and watch it, sorry. Otherwise I'd recommend the 8 part deal, it's got subs.

OR just better off waiting until Boinger comes out with something, he generally does on my dubs.

I'm slowly putting together an extended version of the DHE SDF Macross DYRL .avi. Just been really busy for the last 2-3 weeks with non-Macross related stuff, so the .avi won't be ready until the end of this month.

I could put together a DVD version and a DVD cover after that's finished. It probably won't be as fancy as Hikuro's DVD though.

Maybe, one of the recipients of the DHE DYRL DVD could upload their copy to asiandvdclub.org?

This week, I'm working with Gubaba on putting together subtitles for the Macross Premiere episode for February 9.