Macross DYRL: Proper English Fandub

Hikuro

Speaking of issues, the links for parts 5 and 8 on the DHE site are duplicates of the previous ones, not the right files. I'm stuck missing two now so I can't merge the movie back together to watch.

Then change the numbers to 005 and 008 at the end of the url. That's how it works, right?

And seriously, what's with the people who've been here for years and have no posts?

Then change the numbers to 005 and 008 at the end of the url. That's how it works, right?

And seriously, what's with the people who've been here for years and have no posts?

Who cares? Not everyone is devoted to the boards.

Sadly, unless I'm missing something, it's not that easy with megaupload. Wish it was.

You can always go to the first page here and download it. I'll check the links over and make sure they're right or not later.

What matters most is that he's still here with us... annnnnd, this thread has enough interest for him to post after long stints of not posting. I certainly had my times when I wouldn't post for quite sometime. What may be absurd to you may be just fine for others. My wife was on this site way before we even met, and her original screenname had maybe 2 or 3 posts. That was ages ago. I'm also sure that there's people who just want info, and don't need to talk to all the rabid Macross fans, or maybe don't want to get their head chewed off cause they call Hikaru by Rick Hunter, and so on. Anyways, just my thoughts. I'm glad the links are up for everyone. There was a ton of work done on this project, and every single person who has seen DYRL should give this version a view.

What matters most is that he's still here with us... annnnnd, this thread has enough interest for him to post after long stints of not posting. I certainly had my times when I wouldn't post for quite sometime. What may be absurd to you may be just fine for others. My wife was on this site way before we even met, and her original screenname had maybe 2 or 3 posts. That was ages ago. I'm also sure that there's people who just want info, and don't need to talk to all the rabid Macross fans, or maybe don't want to get their head chewed off cause they call Hikaru by Rick Hunter, and so on. Anyways, just my thoughts. I'm glad the links are up for everyone. There was a ton of work done on this project, and every single person who has seen DYRL should give this version a view.

Damn, I make an observation and the whole (Macross) World comes after me... :blink:

And with this project finished and being topknotch, it'll help make way for the new generation coming out.

But you're both right about this much: This version of DYRL? is made of pure ownage.

I was watching it today after I got home from work...after 4 grueling hard days, I needed something to make me feel better. So I sat down with my dinner and started watching it. And I almost got teary eyed near the end...I don't know why but I never got this way even on a dub...so I guess I really did do a good job in making this and everyone just nailing it.

I was watching it today after I got home from work...after 4 grueling hard days, I needed something to make me feel better. So I sat down with my dinner and started watching it. And I almost got teary eyed near the end...I don't know why but I never got this way even on a dub...so I guess I really did do a good job in making this and everyone just nailing it.

Hikuro, it deserves tears. It was made of tears (Along with sweat, blood, and spit on the mic :p). This is better than top notch. It easily competes with professional dubs.

Hikuro, it deserves tears. It was made of tears (Along with sweat, blood, and spit on the mic ). This is better than top notch. It easily competes with professional dubs.

QFT

Oh, and Schizo, I wasn't coming after you. The good thing is that I've been noticing more and more people who were just lurkers and are now posting after ages of just reading. Probably cause whatever they want to say has already been said 10,000 times before. I let my friend view this project ahile back, and he was blown away. He thought it was big time studio quality. That said, Hikuro, you have people waiting for your next project that you've never heard from.

This thread, as a proxy to the Dark Heroes Entertainment Do You Remember Love? Dub, is totally worth my thousandth post...

Also, it's kinda fitting... We're arguing about lurkers and here I am with 1000 posts... It's ironic, therefore funny. :)

Another thing, it's THE DAY! The GIANT FROATING HEAD must have given me its blessing or something. My 1000th post on THE DAY in the most awesome thread on the board...

Enough about my 1000th post, though. :p

I mean no disrespect to lurkers, or anyone, really. I'm a nice guy, but I have weird ways of saying things. What I mean, and this is to all lurkers, is "Don't be a lurker! Participating is much more fun! The more the merrier!" Surely, we can agree on that.

God you wasted our 4 digit post on here? :p maaaaaan

Yeah, this thing was pretty much blood sweat and tears. There are areas where I look back and say "Hm, that could of been beefed up just a tad." But compared to how I was originally doing the film, going back and forth with the original sound tracks, ugh the whole film would of turned out like crap.

As a prime example of a lurker I am usually quite happy to sit in the background and absorb any Macross info/discussions which I think are worthwhile. But to sit back and absorb without praising Hikuro and the voice actors for the work they have put in to this would be a crime. I think what you have done is amazing, and can not fault what you have done in any way. You are truly a king amongst men and thank you for doing something like this for us fans.

I just finished checking out the Macross DYRL Alternate Song on Youtube also, absolutely fantastic work!! The voice actress pulled that off so well. Too bad I am already married otherwise I think I would have ditched my wife's crappy Brian McKnight or whatever the hell it was first waltz song and had this playing instead :D.

Once again Hikuro, thank you. You are the man!!

It works!

Hurray!!

Cool motion DVD menu!

I'm not sure why the aspect ratio of the movies are squeezed, but I can set videolan player as 4:3 and it works fine.

Xvid codec is a little better than DivX for video quality.

Would you be able to post your DVD cover for this very fine movie, please?

Thanks ever so much to you and your team!

Depends on what file type the sections download as. If they are .avi or something like that, you'll need a converter software to convert those to DVD format, I believe. That's what I had to do a month or so ago to get it on DVD. In anycase, I'm sure there's someone converting it now, or someone who's done it already that can help you more effectively.

Depends on what file type the sections download as. If they are .avi or something like that, you'll need a converter software to convert those to DVD format, I believe. That's what I had to do a month or so ago to get it on DVD. In anycase, I'm sure there's someone converting it now, or someone who's done it already that can help you more effectively.

The file formats that were in the combined folder were .VOB .IFO.BUP I have never messed around with these file types before and was unsure what to do with them. I'm sure it's probably something simple that I don't know anything about.

I would download nero, if you got a dvd burner generally youll also have a program, and most will burn vob files cause thats what a dvds guts are, vob.

If you dont got a program, just download nero and itll be simple. or high light the files and drag em over to any of your movie players.

I would download nero, if you got a dvd burner generally youll also have a program, and most will burn vob files cause thats what a dvds guts are, vob.

If you dont got a program, just download nero and itll be simple. or high light the files and drag em over to any of your movie players.

Thanks for the help, I got the vob file to burn and the disc played in my player.

Hmm - Might be nothing, but when I try and join these up, I get a message saying "Integer Overflow". Anybody know what this means?

Integer Overflow... It means something was putting in data higher than its max data value.

Just retry, and if it doesn't work, download HJSplit again.

I don't really know, man. I remember Integer Overflow from somewhere, I just can't remember where...

Good, enjoy the DYRL goodness. Tell you guys what, if you got nice big flat screens or a blu-ray player, pop it up on there, looks great in my opinion. Maybe just a tad pixely but still good.

Well I decided to watch it today and got to about the end of the film and it froze on me, I think one of the VOB files didn't get extracted correctly out of the ace file, so I will try and re download the ace file when it come back up. From what I watched you don't really notice pixels all that much unless your standing right in front of your tv.

• 1 month later...

Hey Hikuro.

I downloaded the WMV version and liked it. Good job! But, as the audio is already compressed, I was wondering if you could upload the audio & subs only to any downloading site. This would save me from having to recompress it to ac3. I already have the HD remastered DVD. All I would do is rip the video and add in your audio & subs.