Macross DYRL: Proper English Fandub

Hikuro

Sadly nothing yet, 1 person has turned in his final recording....I still got 3 ppl left for one liners...I don't think it'll be completed tonight as I hoped but it's still possible.

WE are recording right now. Depends when your night ends :)

Beep me about the end credits, I'll just need a high quality render of the vid you want as background, no audio since that'll be up to you, and your credits listing.

Final half will be up this weekend. I just sat and watched a good portion of it, finding lil things to fix again but nothing that'll slow the production or really be even noticed if I don't fix it in the end.

Everyone who watches this, please take note, everyone did their best, played their heart and souls out for this cause they were fans, and want other fans to enjoy it as well. No one got paid, no one did this cause they wanted to get famous or recognized in some way. they wanted to do it cause it was an anime they have grown to enjoy ,and because they're doing a happy they really like.

So don't just play favorites, be kind and courteous to everyone as they all did a great job.

Remember, if one person didn't do their role, this film wouldn't be out.

Final half will be up this weekend. I just sat and watched a good portion of it, finding lil things to fix again but nothing that'll slow the production or really be even noticed if I don't fix it in the end.

Everyone who watches this, please take note, everyone did their best, played their heart and souls out for this cause they were fans, and want other fans to enjoy it as well. No one got paid, no one did this cause they wanted to get famous or recognized in some way. they wanted to do it cause it was an anime they have grown to enjoy ,and because they're doing a happy they really like.

So don't just play favorites, be kind and courteous to everyone as they all did a great job.

Remember, if one person didn't do their role, this film wouldn't be out.

I have a solution for your credits as well, since you can't alter the video. It's what Grimbot usually does on his dubs.

First is to credit everyone involved in a separate text file, along with production notes you wish to include, and package all that in your final zip.

The second part is that when the original japanese credits roll, you use your subtitler to credit the fandub's cast. Granted, the fandub cast's credit will be able to be turned off, but since we'll need the subs anyway for the alien speech, just add the credits at the end of your subtitle file.

And... it's always a good idea to leave the credits unaltered. Less things for the owner to complain about if they ever get on your case about fandubbing and stealing their rights :)

Thanks for the offers guys.

Movie is done, I'm gonna let it encode, then I'm going to sit down and watch the entire thing from start to finish to be sure everything worked out fine and that it's an acceptable piece for viewing.

After that's done, I'm probably gonna end up putting it through a splitter cause lastnight when I tested it, it was 3.8 gigs. DVD quality appearance but I think I can trim it down later and still keep a good quality of it up.

Will there be torrent available Hikuro?

Dunno, I'm not into torrents myself cause someones always gotta keep it uploaded and since fandubs aren't exactly popular, the transfer rate would be extremely slow.

Could you show us newbies how to play / join together these files or what sort program to use for this? My computer keeps telling me it doesn't recognise the file type. Cheers.

Yeah exactly as Boinger said, google HJ Splitter, when you open it selection join, insert the first file that's 001, and select where you want your output to go and walah.

Thanks for the heads-up! Finally managed to sew that sucker up! :lol:

Good work, one and all! The High Quality imagery is excellent and I really do sound competent near the end!

Advice for anyone wanting to try Zentreadi, really study! It's bloody hard work! :lol:

*LOL* I think I got it in one shot :) Knowing Klingon paid off :)

Give it a few hours or a day, sometimes megaupload just isn't nice seeing how all the files but that one aren't working.

I'd probably ask Boinger if he's going to upload them. He generally takes care of that since he was kind enough to upload Macross Zero episode 1 to Rapidshare.

Or wait another day, I'll have them all up on youtube but without subtitles.

Give it a few hours or a day, sometimes megaupload just isn't nice seeing how all the files but that one aren't working.

I'd probably ask Boinger if he's going to upload them. He generally takes care of that since he was kind enough to upload Macross Zero episode 1 to Rapidshare.

Or wait another day, I'll have them all up on youtube but without subtitles.

hey Hikuro. If you could put this on Youtube that would be super awesome, really want to see this completed masterpiece of yours!! Take care man!!

Awesome. This is really a serious feat. What's more, there's been some changes since the low-quality version, including (for all the naysayers out there) a revision of the infamous helmet effects. All I can say is, this is simply spectacular, a major undertaking that was a resounding success.

What a gift to the community!

Everybody represent!

hey Hikuro. If you could put this on Youtube that would be super awesome, really want to see this completed masterpiece of yours!! Take care man!!
Uploading the final 2 parts of it as I type. No Subtitles are on this one though. I can never get them to show up right when it's so LQ...but doesn't take a genius to figure out what's being done and said.

File 004 is backonline. Just gotta give it some love and eventually it'll come back. My theory is that the number of downloads kind of take a hit on the files and they'll be out of use for a while.

I strongly recommend downloading the movie versus seeing the Youtube version. That is more like a teaser so you can check out how the movie sounds, but if you wanna really enjoy it, download the movie, grab a popcorn and a beer, huggle your girl and say "Check this out."

Hey Hikuro, Just finished watching your dubbed version of Macross DYRL, If you were near by I'd by ya a beer and congratulate you!! You and your cast did an amazing job, especially the girls who did Misa and Minmay!!

Congratulations to you and your cast!!

P.S. thanks for posting on Youtube!!

You know, after watching this whole show, from beginning to end, I must congratulate everyone on the hard work they put into this. I am so freaking amazed at how well this was done. Not only was a long awaited enblish version finally finished, but one with talent that rivals the standard dubbing industry out there. Watching tons of anime myself, and having a library second only to a couple people I know, this is a work of fans, fans who really care about the work they do, and I am very thankful to have had my role in this dub. Thank you Hikuro for the opportunity to do work again. It's been a loooonnnnng time since I've done any work, and always love seeing the final product. A job well done. All the voice actors, I'm blown away, and very excited to see the work done. The female voices are phenomenal, and to put them where they are is great. The voices match, the pitch and attitude are perfect. Great job everyone

On a sidenote, will there be a small run of DVD for this? I gotta get this on DVD. Too awesome!!!

Edited by Jasonc

Finally got the DVD prototype to do what I wanted. I just had to figure out what settings I wanted. It originally did it as one of those lame VCD's at a low resolution and audio quality for like a regular CD-R.

So fiddling around with it, I finally found the DVD quality settings I was looking for. Tried to make it a widescreen but that apparently didn't work, so I just did it as a normal box sorry guys.

However the subs are now hard subbed, audio seems to be intacted. I'm now burning a DVD to watch and make sure everything turned out okay.

Once that's done I'm moving onto the next area which is a better DVD Authoring tool, looking for something that'll let me switch audios (no that doesn't mean Japanese) for a commentary variation with the cast members....and bonus material like a DYRL AMV, and some of the bonus scenes from the video game that I've gone and dubbed, along with the Aria teaser trailer.

It could be 3 weeks before a DVD is even finalized, so no one hold their breath just yet.

Finally got the DVD prototype to do what I wanted. I just had to figure out what settings I wanted. It originally did it as one of those lame VCD's at a low resolution and audio quality for like a regular CD-R.

So fiddling around with it, I finally found the DVD quality settings I was looking for. Tried to make it a widescreen but that apparently didn't work, so I just did it as a normal box sorry guys.

However the subs are now hard subbed, audio seems to be intacted. I'm now burning a DVD to watch and make sure everything turned out okay.

Once that's done I'm moving onto the next area which is a better DVD Authoring tool, looking for something that'll let me switch audios (no that doesn't mean Japanese) for a commentary variation with the cast members....and bonus material like a DYRL AMV, and some of the bonus scenes from the video game that I've gone and dubbed, along with the Aria teaser trailer.

It could be 3 weeks before a DVD is even finalized, so no one hold their breath just yet.

I would love to contribute something to that commentary if you'd have me, Hik. Especially THAT opening sequence I had so much trouble with at the time. :rolleyes:

Hope the Blooper reel I turned in would be any use to you for extras.