Official 1/60 YF-21 News & Picture Thread (ver.2)

Graham

Even if it's just Graham getting the juicy info, seeing the pre-production samples, and getting to handle the toys. It's not like Yamato is doing it just to spite us MW members. Graham has a contact and thanks to that he gets to see and handle all this awesome stuff. Even if he can't directly tell us things, it's those hints that are better than nothing.

"The fighter mode is awesome"

"Sleek sleek sleek fighter mode"

"This baby looks fantastic in battroid"

"Tell your wallets to bend over, because Yamato is releasing a ginormous amount of Macross things this year!"

Some times you have a bunch of privileged info that fans of a series would murder each other for. Graham can give us hints, info, pics, and reports when Yamato gives the okay. Other people can't say a word about what they know due to non-disclosure agreements... And just to clear things up I am not hinting at having any juicy info that's Macross related. :)

Let's not get this thread locked guys. :ph34r:

Or worse. Just think, Graham could post up, stating he's going to give us a few sneak pics of the YF-21 he has, only to take blurry pictures of a wing tip and close-up shot of one of the tires. :D

Or worse. Just think, Graham could post up, stating he's going to give us a few sneak pics of the YF-21 he has, only to take blurry pictures of a wing tip and close-up shot of one of the tires. :D

He would'nt....would he.... :huh: .....That would be jacked up... <_< ...and totally funny at the same time.... :lol::lol::lol:

:ph34r:

he's not going to answer questions or give us any information that isn't available through official channels... that is, what's on the website or in magazines.

We were all teasing him, knowing we weren't getting anything.

Let's not get this thread locked guys. :ph34r:

This thread, and its predecessor, should've been locked a long time ago...

Ohh damn, that's an awesome under carriage.

I think i will eventually get a third, it's just too awesome.

Can i ask you guys for some information?

I need to know which magazines (if any?) that have good images of the YF-21 1/60.

I wish yamato would release an anniversary special magazine thinghy that shows all their valks to this date.

Graham have they any plans of such a mag? I don't care if it's in Jap which of course it would be, just want stock photos!

Of course mixed anime screen shots of Guld and Isamu with scenes from the OVA/movie.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

hmmm...are the chest/air intakes removable?

Not sure about "removeable"...I think they open up in Battroid mode. I will have to look back at some pics too see.

EDIT------> Look to the photo from the first post. It shows that the flaps for the intakes are removed.

Edited by misterryno

I remember Graham mentioning that the intake covers were removable pieces just like every other Yamato offering since the 1/48 VF-1.

That shot of the undercarriage really sells this bird; where I thought the YF-19, while very nice, only got within 75% of matching the sleekness of the design as implied in the animation, the YF-21 is 98% there... it's a stunning effort on Yamato's part.

Edited by mechaninac

Perhaps a better question is, will it include the mounting parts for the fold booster?

Now that is a good question. BUT...we'll find out soon enough eh.

Fold booster; not included

mounting parts for fold booster in matching color; included.

IIRC... :p:rolleyes:

Where do you think you recal this from? Not that I am a disbeleiver....just that if I see it instead of just hearing it....I am that much more excite. ^_^