Official 1/60 YF-21 News & Picture Thread (ver.2)

Graham

Who's going to be doing a custom paint job??

I'm seriously considering painting the yellow markings either flat black, or flat white. I won't know if I'll do anything at all with it until I finally get it in hand.

For all I know, I may just end up being happy with it as it is. :p

-Kyp

If he was going for a Roy scheme, I'd personally prefer if he used white instead of grey.

Plus I think the intakes would look better in grey or black with the original yellow trim.

Looks okay though.

P.S.--Wicked Ace is right: I am working on a custom right now. I'm about halfway done with the painting. But I still need to paint the nose/cockpit/cowl sections and the intake areas.

.....And re-attach all the major areas back together again (Legs, arms, and gunpods are all separately reassembled. Backpack is partially reassembled.)

....And pray that there is no major paint-chipping.

.....And hope that someone can print up some stickers I've designed. :unsure:

^^Probably still gonna be working on it............I know, I know. :rolleyes: (I'm guessing final assembly, panel lining, and stickering up around the time of the con).

I'll be out on vacation for about a week between now and the MW con too.

Don't worry; I'll post pics for sure once the bird is all dolled up.

about the wings...no locking mechanism? will it be loosened easily?

Some have reported them being a bit floppy and others have said they stay upright reasonably well. I think it's sort of pot luck in that reguard. Nothing that some clear fingernail polish won't fix if need be. :)

-Kyp

It's like you could watch it for hours... without blinking! We gotta do one up with Isamu and Guld afte the dogfight (before the Ghost X-9 spoils the moment).

One of the users made it in the MF Episode 12 talk back thread and I quickly saved it and used it for my avatar. :D

On topic : Maybe sometime this week Kevin will get those YF-21's in hand.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

On topic : Maybe sometime this week Kevin will get those YF-21's in hand.

You guys are still waiting on that shipment?

Yes, sadly we are.... <_< No offense to Kevin, I know this isn't his fault, but I'm never getting anything shipped by boat ever again. It's just not worth it in my opinion. :mellow:

try waiting 4 months... I did that for my SV-51 (not through kevin)

MY NEW 21 CUSTOM!!! LOL... jking. I'm actually working on my project for the 21. I'll update or create a new thread for it sometime soon.

Hint: changing up some parts for the 21. If all goes well maybe colored recasts... XD

If it's a VF-22 canopy replacement, put me down for one!!

@Eugimon, no thanks, I'll take your word for it! :wacko:

-Kyp

Damn Kyp... good guess, but that's only 1/3 right for this project. -=X

I'll take the belly plate replacement parts too while you're at it! ;) Can't think of the third thing, though...*Edit* Oh that's right, the head is different too if I remember right. :p

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

MY NEW 21 CUSTOM!!! LOL... jking. I'm actually working on my project for the 21. I'll update or create a new thread for it sometime soon.

Hint: changing up some parts for the 21. If all goes well maybe colored recasts... XD

good gawd man, are you serious! VF-22 WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Damn Kyp... good guess, but that's only 1/3 right for this project. -=X

1. VF-22 canopy

2. VF-22 underbelly

3. VF-22 head

:lol:

Damn i want a set already.