Official 1/60 YF-21 News & Picture Thread (ver.2)

Graham

Ok, here you go:

YF-21 Transformation Guide: Battroid to Fighter

Also, I'm pretty sure my ducky picture is just a picture that's been cleaned up in Photoshop or something. I have the same rubber duck on my desk, but I didn't take the picure.

Beautiful work, my friend!! B)) I've saved it in case I ever decide to take it out of fighter mode when I get it, lol. :p

-Kyp

Beautiful work, my friend!! B)) I've saved it in case I ever decide to take it out of fighter mode when I get it, lol. :p

-Kyp

Thanks. It's the best method I've found so far. I'll never understand why Yamato doesn't provide any instructions for going back to fighter mode. Sure, with some toys you can do the old Hasbro "Reverse order of directions..." methodology, but not so with a yammie.

And of course you're going to put it in Battroid mode - otherwise you would have bought a model plane. ^_^

Some comparison pics with VF-1 CF!!

Great shots thanks for that. So I am certain that it has been said before but I want to make sure that I know. The reason the 1/60 Zero and Plus figures are so large compared to the VF-1 is because in all actuality they are "true to scale"?

:ph34r:

Yes, the VF-1 is tiny compared to the VF-0S if they were standing side by side.

The vf-1 in the tv series is roughly about Britai's height when in battroid mode.

So I imagine the VF-0 is closer to what Qrau would be?

To calculate height just look at the size specs of every mecha, and divide by 60. That should be the toy size if at 1/60 scale.

I wonder if yamato will make the vf-11 close to real scale or just 'cheat' and make the vf-11 bigger than normal? I wouldn't mind if they cheated to be honest.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Great shots thanks for that. So I am certain that it has been said before but I want to make sure that I know. The reason the 1/60 Zero and Plus figures are so large compared to the VF-1 is because in all actuality they are "true to scale"?

That's why I wanted to show pics with a 1/60 VF-1. It's very small compared to the YF-21 or even the VF-0!!

I'll be one of the one's to hope that the VF-11 stays in scale without cheating the size.

Awesome comparison pics of the YF-21 to the old 1/60 VF-1.

I just hope that Yamato has learned a valuable lesson from the VF-0 and makes sure to get the balance of ABS and PVC right so there's no repeat on the rest of their releases. So far all the reviews and everything is looking good to me on the YF-21. :)

Great guys.....thanks for the input. I thought that was the answer I was looking for and you all just helped confirm. Much appreciated. And don't stress Kyp......soon enough......soon.......enough. ;)

Ok, here you go:

Also, I'm pretty sure my ducky picture is just a picture that's been cleaned up in Photoshop or something. I have the same rubber duck on my desk, but I didn't take the picure.

You got a version in pdf or something else? Rather not reinstall IE just to read another proprietary format.

Ok, here you go:

I created a seperate thread for people to download your transformation guide from. Instead of digging around inside the news thread they can just easily search for it in the dedicated thread:

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=26417

The file is attached to that thread so if you can't get it from the free file hosts due to them deleting it, you can download it from MW. :)

I updated the transformation thread a little bit now:

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=26417

thanks for the guide. :)

..this will be very helpful for when noobs complain that they can't find the guide anymore due to it being buried under 60 odd pages of news, or that the link is no longer working in the dedicated thread :rolleyes: ...saves time.

God, waiting another couple of weeks is gonna damn near kill me... :(

-Kyp

Me too. I hope Kevin gets his shipment supply soon .....

And thanks peolesdru for the transformation guide!!! Mucho appreciated mate!!!

Me too. I hope Kevin gets his shipment supply soon .....

And thanks peolesdru for the transformation guide!!! Mucho appreciated mate!!!

I made a video guide. It's in a different thread.

Got mine. The transformation sequence is easy, it's lining up all the parts that is a pain in the ass (when transforming back to jet mode). Gorgeous figure, but like other Yamato toys, barely playable. In that style, MP-03 Starscream is a much, much better toy. Sturdier, costs a third of the price and is just as detailed and complex. Can you imagine if Takara was to work on a $175 seeker instead of $75? It would probably make Valks look like Gobots. ;P

DSC04334.JPG

That's a nice pose. Can the legs really hold up like that? This is going to be important for when the 1/60 vf-1 wears the GBP armor on it, and you try to make it look like it is floating in space. A test to see if yamato can make stiff enough joints to allow for the extra weight to not cause floppy limbs syndrome. Hopefully the weight of the extra armor doesn't affect ability to pose like that. This is the next thing yamato should work on - better joints.

Takara should do some alternator cybertronian jet vehicles that are similar to valks I reckon. The transformers have got to fight in space too!

That's a nice pose. Can the legs really hold up like that? This is going to be important for when the 1/60 vf-1 wears the GBP armor on it, and you try to make it look like it is floating in space. A test to see if yamato can make stiff enough joints to allow for the extra weight to not cause floppy limbs syndrome. Hopefully the weight of the extra armor doesn't affect ability to pose like that. This is the next thing yamato should work on - better joints.

Takara should do some alternator cybertronian jet vehicles that are similar to valks I reckon. The transformers have got to fight in space too!

Sure, it would hold that pose - the legs are pretty tight - whole thing's pretty tight, really.

My only problem replicating that pose would be that I'd have to use the black stand that came with my SV-51

For some reason, the clear stand doesn't stay together as well - the main upright doesn't "lock" onto the base like the black stand.

I tried to pose the battroid mode on the clear stand and it wouldn't hold the weight - the bottom of the upright just plain doesn't lock on.

Maybe I'm missing something. It's the same stand as the black stand and the black stand definitely clicks together at that joint.

This Valk is looking to be one Yamato's best releases yet and QC-error free to boot. :D

God, waiting another couple of weeks is gonna damn near kill me... :(

-Kyp

You aint ever lyin! Kev's last update said he should have it by the end of June. That sounds so much better than it's gonna be another 4-6 weeks possibly since that update came out at the beginning of the month.

We'll just have to wait and see...

:mellow:

OO

I'll be one of the one's to hope that the VF-11 stays in scale without cheating the size.

Awesome comparison pics of the YF-21 to the old 1/60 VF-1.

I just hope that Yamato has learned a valuable lesson from the VF-0 and makes sure to get the balance of ABS and PVC right so there's no repeat on the rest of their releases. So far all the reviews and everything is looking good to me on the YF-21. :)

So there is going to be a 1/60 VF-11??

Yeah 1/60 is perfectly fine, so what if the VF-1 is a tiny ant compared to its later offspring. Now for what Yamato decides to release after the new vf-1, I'm betting the VF-0D. I wouldnt mind too bad if it were a VF-11 though (or a VF-4 but thats hoping alittle too much :lol: ).

Are you guys fine with Yamato sticking with the 1/60 lineup for mainline VF's from now on?

[intones]

we are fine with whatever the great and merciful yamato decides to bless us with. We are blessed just to be remembered.

blessed be yamato.

[/intones]

yeah, now that we're getting a decent 1/60 vf-1 and with bandai's DX vf-25 being 1/60 as well, I can live just fine with this scale.

[intones]

we are fine with whatever the great and merciful yamato decides to bless us with. We are blessed just to be remembered.

blessed be yamato.

[/intones]

:mellow: ---- I will do whatever Yamato says to do.

:lol: you are too funny mate!

Got mine today. Mine's pretty tight; the hip ball joints could stand to be a tad tighter. Transformation was pretty straightforward and not too complicated...the 21, IMHO, has the least complicated transformation scheme of Kawamori's valks. Like all my Yammies, I never cracked the instruction packet, and still transformed it from fighter to battroid in about 25 minutes first try. Everything lined up well and snapped into place on mine. The gunpods are well designed and fit so well in the new, beefier hands..I damn near giggled. The head's pretty limited in it's rotation, but it's just cool that it does. I rotated the seat manually going to battroid, and it rotated back automatically when I returned it to fighter. I still haven't looked at the fast packs...will check them out this weekend, along with the stand.

Lessons learned going back to fighter: make sure the arm swing bars are all the way rotated; mine are not quite all the way in, but I still managed to make everything fit. Also, make sure the little fore and aft side panels which cover the the arms are deployed; I had everything positioned and snapped tight, then realized the side panels were still folded in their battroid positions. Doh! Fortunately, nothing broke and I was able to position them correctly and finish the transformation. She now sits proudly next to my other Yammies. I wanted to display it in battroid, but it topples a bit too easily, so until I dig out the stand, she'll grace my living room in fighter mode.