Official 1/60 YF-21 News & Picture Thread (ver.2)

Graham

OK, my partial review is up. See YAMATO 1/60 YF-21 REVIEW.

The photos are done, but I'm still writing the text.

As usual, Swoosh's photos are much better than mine (gotta ask him how he does his lighting).

Enjoy.

Next up, Yamato GN-U Macross Plus toys review.

Graham

wow!!! YF-21 with fold booster looks much better than YF-19 with booster!!!

I use my desktop lamp as the main light source.

YF-21 in GERWALK mode is much much bigger!!

That's because you have it misstransformed. ^_^

The back part needs to be pushed forward. after doing that you can lock the parts that hold the FAST pack on a little peg on the side of the engines.

I'v been trying to get mine back into fighter mode for over an hour now but I just can't seem to fit everything into the fuselage. :(<_<

OK, my partial review is up. See YAMATO 1/60 YF-21 REVIEW.

The photos are done, but I'm still writing the text.

As usual, Swoosh's photos are much better than mine (gotta ask him how he does his lighting).

Enjoy.

Next up, Yamato GN-U Macross Plus toys review.

Graham

I was randomly clicking on some photos that interest me and found out one of the thumbnails is wrongly linked.

http://macrossworld.com/macross/toys/YF-21/123.JPG should be http://macrossworld.com/macross/toys/YF-21/23.JPG

That's because you have it misstransformed. ^_^

The back part needs to be pushed forward. after doing that you can lock the parts that hold the FAST pack on a little peg on the side of the engines.

I'v been trying to get mine back into fighter mode for over an hour now but I just can't seem to fit everything into the fuselage. :(<_<

oh, my bad... need to do it again, thanks for letting me know.

I also had a hard time to change it back too unitl I found that it was the knee joint, not pushed it correctly..

EDIT: GERWALK mode corrected

DSCF3928_s.jpg

Edited by Swoosh

Okay, I take back what I said about battroid mode looking too compromised for fighter (and will probably be a couple hundred poorer as a consequence :( )...leg proportions could be better, but can see from all the pics now they did a pretty good job all things considered.

Makes me wonder why yamato couldn't spend a little more time finding a better pose/angle/lighting for their 'official' battroid mode pic:

001b.jpg

Compared to just about all of swoosh's (ignoring fastpack):

DSCF3919c_s.jpg

And thanks for the images/reviews all.

Yamato should rerelease the fold Booster. Isamu and Guld don't like to share anything.

Great pics yet again Swoosh!!! I like to use them as a transformation guide to make sure I've transformed my bird properly.

Graham, are there any plans to do a transformation vid, like you did for the 19?

Edited by Golden Arms

Swoosh,

THANKS for the AWESOME PICS! I don't think I need to even go buy one now. I'll just download your pics into my computer and feel like I own one ;) .

Dante74,

I like your last pic of them "fighting". VERY fun!

:ph34r:

goods pics swoosh and thank graham for the first review

just want to know if guns under the front arm may leave a little more or do not move at all.

thanks......... :lol:

They don't move, the whole lower arms is pushed up exposing the guns.

They don't move, the whole lower arms is pushed up exposing the guns.

thank Dante

I thought they came out much more in fact.

I just turn my 1 / 72 YF21 and they do not leave too much !!!!!!! the forearm back, but I thought that after the gun is drawn outward also

All the pics are greatly appreciated from you guys. Looking at them makes it just that more difficult on us guys waiting. Glad to see, or hear rather, that there have been no serious complaints. I didn't even care for this Valk and only purchased it because I had just gotten into the hobby and had to have anything to do with Macross. After seeing the pictures I have to agree with others that it looks like some of the best work Yamato has done to date. Also glad to hear that it is solid in fighter mode as I had planned on displaying mine in this mode. Other modes are just as fantastic so it's good to see that fighter mode isn't the only awesome way for it to be displayed.

Come on China boat! Us guys stateside anxiously await your arrival!!!

^_^

OO

Swoosh you have made the YF-19 look fu*cking awesome in gerwalk mode, and it never looks good in gerwalk mode!

Great pics guys. I'd like to buy both the 19 and 21, but the fact that I would be paying nearly $400 for both makes me hesitant. I'll just keep staring at the pics though.

Ahh...the longer you wait the more jagged the pill is going to be to swallow. I've just bitten the bullet and said fluck it to get some of my collection. Like taking a shot; just turn your head, close your eyes and click buy! Initially stings, but the satisfaction of receiving the toy makes it all that much better. Besides that you don't look up and reailze it's gonig to take $1000 to catch up, or $400 in your case. I say go ahead and make the purchase bro! You won't regret it!

^_^

OO

"You Can't go to war if you'r affread to cut out the limiter!"

I tried to stop him but he did it any way. Yha he was drunk, found him in the fridge with my 1/48 Miriya boy Max was pissed.

post-7418-1212360394_thumb.jpg

Edited by hal9000

The "delimiter" is the "Safety Overide" Guld activated well before he jettisoned the shattered remnants

of the mecha's limbs. Not to get "All Hintgen" on you folks but jettisoning the limbs does not "de-limit" anything.

It lowers the mech's weight but it pretty much wrecks the aerodnamics of the YF-21.

You can see it all in this footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHQGUmJgoBE...feature=related

Edited by Chindenathus

Seconding that, to prevent mis-information.

De-limiter is purely "software"---the safeties built-in to the flight computer's programming (that are there to prevent damage to the pilot or plane from excessive manuevers) are turned off to allow "extreme" moves---at the risk of damage or even destruction of the aircraft. And Guld used it to its fullest.

"ripping the limbs off" is nothing more than battle damage---but due to the YF-21 being different from every other valk (engines aren't in the legs) losing the arms and legs leaves enough of the airframe intact to still fly. Guld decided to risk it all (literally) by turning off the limiters BECAUSE the plane had lost its limbs---he was frankly losing, and there wasn't much else to try. De-limiter mode was activated because of and after the loss of limbs----but the two are not related.

Many real planes have software limits programmed in just like the YF-21----but not many have an "over-ride" switch. (The Super Hornet and Flanker do, I bet the F-22 does as well). None can over-ride the limiters with a mental command though. :)

Any plane can be commanded to do/attempt manuevers it will not survive---but computer-controlled planes etc can be programmed to stop right before the limit of what they can do. It's a safety feature---kind of like anti-lock brakes, but instead it's "anti-shatter flaps". No airliner can have those limiters disabled, and few fighters can (because even most fighters couldn't physically perform THAT much better than they already do--no point in eeking out a 2% better turn rate if it destroys the plane in a quarter-second)---but some can go so far "beyond the limit" for a few seconds that it may be worth it to get that one last, desperate shot that wins the war or saves the girl. The YF-21 is one of those, so it can turn off those limiters in the software.

I know what a delimiter is in the aircraft world. I was just panel lining and fixing the sholders and hips on my 0S. when it was laying there it sruck me as amusing. :rolleyes:

It may have helped that I was watching Eps 1 & 2 of Mac+.

My post was more "an informative FYI to all members of MW egarding YF-21's" than directly responding to you. Delimiter vs limbless has come up a lot the past few months (and usually in the wrong way).