Official 1/60 YF-21 News & Picture Thread (ver.2)

Graham

Ok. I found a way to lock the torso. It's a little half-arsed and I see it getting looser over time, but it's there.

Basically the locking mechanism is at the very top of the torso. There are two tiny nub-lets on the intakes. these friction-lock the very top of the fuselage where it splits to form the cowl.

Edit:- premature ejaculation

Edited by Beware of Blast

man i havent gotten my confirmation from toywave yet.

Cmon ken, show me the planey!

As for the locking chest issue being solved: Huzzah!

Feet espeosed: Arent they supposed to be? As i recall the plane has 2 black spaces at the back that are just always shadowed in the anime, but there is no flap or cover in place....

those bastards, the yf-21 obviously goes Mach 2 in the anime, I can't believe they left that feature out.

Man, yet again Yamato makes an inaccuracy!~ I ReAd On TEH InT3MNEtS ThAt TeH YF-21 GoEz MaChs 22!

Basically the locking mechanism is at the very top of the torso. There are two tiny nub-lets on the intakes. these friction-lock the very top of the fuselage where it splits to form the cowl.

Thats not the best way for locking, I wish there was a peg/plug interlocking mechanism instead.

They could have used some small magnets to lock it down - they did the same thing with the Garlands. It's not as though the front fuselage needed a skylift for the job... same goes for the YF19. I'll have to check to see if the locking mechanism is to my satisfaction, otherwise, pass.

Edited by Beware of Blast

BTW. Am I the only one who thinks "Beady Eye" when they mention the BDI system. Whenever i see the cameras being tested in the pre-flight check of the 21......"BEADY EYE. OK!"

BTW. Am I the only one who thinks "Beady Eye" when they mention the BDI system. Whenever i see the cameras being tested in the pre-flight check of the 21......"BEADY EYE. OK!"

It's a conspiracy to do away with Guld. Look what happened to him in the end! :lol:

Sorry to scare everyone there for a moment. ^_^

Also, the seat automatically rotates apparently. I have to check and make sure (at work right now).

You mean "automatically" like in "automorph"? Damn you Yamato for putting kiddy Transformers gimmicks on our expensive manly grown-up collectibles!!

Any word on the unlocking mechanism for the arms and feet in delimiter mode? Is it sturdy with them attached? Does it look like it’ll hold over time?

I think there's more tolerance in the Macross universe.

SURE........Sharon Apple's music was responsible for hypnotizing thousands.

SURE........she caused the deaths of many people.

Didn't stop the Macross 7 fleet playing her music constantly in City 7.

Maybe that's why everyone in the series just goes along with everything. They're all hypnotized.

Yay got the tracking number today!

About the locking in battroid mode, let me get this straight. The actual front of the fuselage locks together with the back right ?

But its the canopy that slides forward/down in B mode that is floppy and doesn't lock down ?

Also, does the wings have these locking tabs that the SV-51 had or will they sag a little when you have them straight ?

Yay got the tracking number today!

About the locking in battroid mode, let me get this straight. The actual front of the fuselage locks together with the back right ?

But its the canopy that slides forward/down in B mode that is floppy and doesn't lock down ?

Also, does the wings have these locking tabs that the SV-51 had or will they sag a little when you have them straight ?

The back half of the fuselage (part that is the underside of the "cowl") locks to the back of the fighter.

The front half of the fuselage/nosecone only "locks" where the neck-line meets the air intakes. it is held in place by two little nubs on the air-takes.

The wings have no locking mechanism that i can find. They do sag sometimes. A tiny fraction though.

Wing sagging is not an issue, unless you consider at most a hairline gap a problem. This IMO is usually caused the user accidently touching the wing and moving it slightly downwards and not sagging due to gravity.

In fighter mode, the soles of the feet are only visible directly from the rear or slightly visble from the underside view. To be honest, when looking at the plane from the back, it just looks like mechanical detail to me. It certainly doesn't scream 'FEET" and is not distracting in any way.

The toy is really a marvel of design and engineering. It locks together so well in fighter mode.

Will try battroid mode later tonight.

Off to watch Frontier # 9 again.

Graham

i dont think the wings will be an issue, since they dont have the weight to carry like the 51 does. The 51's wings only seriously sagged when the missles were on them.

besides, nothing a tiny dab of glue can't tighten up. ^_^

All this critical feedback & commentary and very few of us have actually held and played with the toy yet ....

:p

What, are you new to macrossworld or something? If we can make judgements based on CAD and resin prototypes propped up by tape and toothpicks, surely we can make accurate and fair criticisms based on reviews of the actual release.

:p