Official 1/60 YF-21 News & Picture Thread (ver.2)

Graham

Found this at the San Diego Comic Con today:

$160 slightly damaged box:

Not bad, huh?

Yeah, did you get that from TSINC99, the guy from San Francisco (his store's name escapes me atm) or someone else? I got the 21 and the fold booster for $260 and I thought that was decent. I find it funny that I still see the old 19 and 21 around with asking prices above $200...

Pretty happy overall with my purchase but I'm kind of suspicious that the unit has been played with already. I noticed some wet/shiny substance on at least the left leg/hip area. Thought it might have been glue but it's not. Might be oil/grease but I'm not positive. Did anyone else notice copious lubrication any where on their 21?

oil stains hey? I notice my play YF-21 has a little rough scrathc (hardly noticeabl but i notice anyways) but i'm not sure how to smooth it out.

Yes, oil stains or greasy fingers :lol:

Can't remember which wing, but other than that, it's a nice, tight work of art!!!

Yeah, did you get that from TSINC99, the guy from San Francisco (his store's name escapes me atm) or someone else? I got the 21 and the fold booster for $260 and I thought that was decent. I find it funny that I still see the old 19 and 21 around with asking prices above $200...

Pretty happy overall with my purchase but I'm kind of suspicious that the unit has been played with already. I noticed some wet/shiny substance on at least the left leg/hip area. Thought it might have been glue but it's not. Might be oil/grease but I'm not positive. Did anyone else notice copious lubrication any where on their 21?

Not sure if it was TSINC99. The guy that sold it to me did not have a store name up, but he did give me a business card. It said Taostoys. I forgot from where.

Mine seemed fine--no evidence of prior handling of the toy.

They could have done a good job of cleaning it up though. <_< The tape seals seemed ok.

I still love it!

Yes, oil stains or greasy fingers :lol:

Nope definitely some form of lubrication. It was right near the hip joint and all over it and the hip/thigh area. Having transformed it and played with it a bit I am no longer suspicious of foul play. Just never had a yammie with visible greasing before.

Not sure if it was TSINC99. The guy that sold it to me did not have a store name up, but he did give me a business card. It said Taostoys. I forgot from where.

That's an online dealer. Good deal man they have the 21 listed on their site for $220!

I'm supposed to go check out Cards & Comics Central (the San Francisco guy that was at SDCC) with a buddy. I guess he needs another yammie fix. He only got a yammie stand for his 19 at SDCC :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

My YF-21 is "here" ....

as in... "here" in my country... but in customs :) That will take like...oh...thirty days :)

But at least it's FINALLY here :) Yay for me.

I will likely post a frothing at the mouth happy review when I actually have it in hand :)

VFTF1

My YF-21 is "here" ....

as in... "here" in my country... but in customs :) That will take like...oh...thirty days :)

But at least it's FINALLY here :) Yay for me.

I will likely post a frothing at the mouth happy review when I actually have it in hand :)

VFTF1

Sweet Jesus, you still don't have yours yet? You poor bastard... :mellow:

You're gonna love it when you get it, it makes the 1/72 look like something made by Playskool (sp?) for toddlers. :lol:

-Kyp

My YF-21 had two oil stains in one wing too. Cotton, rubbing alcohol and no more stains!!

Stop playing with toys after fixing cars damnit! thats the only way to keep oil stain off your precious toys...

Stop playing with toys after fixing cars damnit! thats the only way to keep oil stain off your precious toys...

It was more like oil for the skin!

Don't want to think what the chinese workers were doing when thet packed it :lol:

Ah finally got my YF-21. It's almost perfect. A bit irritated that the little nubs that are supposed to lock the nose/front-torso in place are much smaller than in the manual (they don't do their job). Uncollapsing the backpack scared me $h!tless. First I couldn't do it despite multiple tries, then I pulled reaaaaally hard and it went *CRACK* and was fine. But damn if that isn't the scariest part of the transformation for me (followed by the belly plates being pulled out for battroid).

The gunpods were a pain to get onto the belly plates too.

It's one damned beautiful valkyrie toy. :D I'm confident that the VF-11 will be nothing short of amazing! :D

• 2 weeks later...

this bird must be selling very well. i spent nearly a whole day combing the toy stores in HK and couldn't find one until late afternoon. unfortunately, it's from a mall where the proliferation of fake stuff has been rumored. does any one know of any fake YF-21's? or better yet, how can i tell if mine is fake? looks good from the box viewing window though the stand is less clear than i thought it would be. any info appreciated. thanks

btw, got it for a little under US$160. not sure if that's any indication

Edited by Major Focker

FFFIIIINNNNAAAAAAAAALLLYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

It's out of customs :)...

That means my YF-21 should appear in my long awaiting arms maybe even Monday...hopefully by Weds....

Will post thoughts/pics when I physically have it... but it's nice to finally know it's safely on its' way to me!

VFTF1