Official 1/60 YF-21 News & Picture Thread (ver.2)

Graham

Yamato clear stand? Well it's tricky, you need to refer to the 21's manual. As for the 19, i always thought it wasn't possible.

Yeah, I peed the manual in Graham's review so I think I got the 21 covered, but the 19 is where I am stuck at now...

Yeah, I peed the manual in Graham's review so I think I got the 21 covered, but the 19 is where I am stuck at now...

is it possible? was there an adaptor for the yf-19?

I'm having the damnest time getting this thing displayed on the clear stand as well as the YF-19. Any help before everyone heads off to the Con would be most appreciated.

:angry:

OO

Check out these pics!

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...st&p=614708

Edited by UN Spacy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27607296@N03/...262901558/show/ best to view it at medium speed to soak it all in then after first viewing watch it in fast speed.

This has been building up inside me for a while now, and i'm only just mucking around, when i need to vent i'll do some serious action.

I dedicate this to the hardcore YF-21 fans. And GULD. R.I.P.

Lucky i only just fit it all in, apparently flickr hides previous photos when you exceed 200 pics. There was about 10 photos before this, just Isamu and Guld preparing

the first part of the slug fest, I had fun! :D Enjoy. I also dedicate this set to the MacWorldCon-08'. YF-21 fans have got it good! Thanks Yamato.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Lucky i only just fit it all in, apparently flickr hides previous photos when you exceed 200 pics. There was about 10 photos before this, just Isamu and Guld preparing

the first part of the slug fest, I had fun! :D Enjoy. I also dedicate this set to the MacWorldCon-08'. YF-21 fans have got it good! Thanks Yamato.

I dig the slide show, but it's too bad you couldn't have extended the -21's legs properly. :p

As i stated i was only mucking around, glad you appreciated the effort. :-)

Since you like the half-fast pack look, I'm surprised we didn't see missing pieces of fast pack from both the -19 and -21, just like from the Macross Plus fight. Maybe this can be your next slide show. ;)

Looking at it again the legs were properly extended, there was a segment where he was ducking with knees up, plus i had to work around the flexi stand lengths,

and after 220 pics it gets tiresome at 1am. :lol: anything else you want to add? :p

Yeah i will be doing up a proper 'variable' battle, including all three modes and Fp's of course.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Like to add too the legs are bent when he's grappling with the 19 (what your refferring to?) coz that's how it would've happened when flinging him around for the

massive left Knee to the face. I'm amazed how tight ALL the joints are on the 21. I still prefer the 19 Battroids kicking ability coz it has that swivel point at the knee.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Like to add too the legs are bent when he's grappling with the 19 (what your refferring to?)

Sorry if I caused any confusion. Grab the battroid's foot with one hand and the shin with the other and pull the foot downward. ;)

edit: Make sure to click the lock just above the ankle.

Edited by Wicked Ace

Yeah i'm like wtf legs?? Yeah good spottin there on your behalf, but i knew about it.

bah, such a minor thing wasn't even on my mind at the time, like how the YF-19's legs were half out whilst the other was out fully, as i found it was easier to pose

using the different flexi stand lengths and for balance., like i said. :p

No one commented on the 3 story flexi stand yet? :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Nice pics ruski' makes one forget about the feathers, hehehe

anyway! I know it's been said a lot, but the transformation of this thing is amazing, I was a bit scared at first with all the big clanking to snap off and on, and took a while to figure out how lock the chest, just a couple of questions, anyone have any issue with the baydoors in fighter mode not closing properly?? and I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, but I just can't transform it without taking the leggs off

Edited by Valkyrie addict

You need to raise the back(pack) up and swing the legs forward, i don't know how to swing them down from fighter to gerwalk smoothly, coz it's too tight, and i do not want to chip the paint.

Mind you i still haven't watched the transformtion video. :p Baydoors? have you locked them in under the tabs?

Ahh man just wait, as i said earlier i'm going to buy some more and add in there a culionimbus cloud in the middle. It will look sick. Feathers ftw!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

oh man! more feathers?? what poor pillow is gonna fall victim now! ^_^

loving my YF-21 so much!! Yamato really hit the bullseye with this one, I'm gonna check the transformation videos too, thanks Ruski'

here's the YF-21 with the family...woa, I'm running out of space!

yf-21.jpg

Is it me, or does the YF-21's clear stand kick ass; in battroid mode in particular??? Since my display is all glass, the light passes right throug it and it almost becomes transparent as if the figure is actually floating or flying! If it wasn't from my walls being a tanish beige color the stand would be invisible! I LOVE ITTTTGHHH!!!!

^_^

OO

gallery_3118_46_220743.jpg

CA-CHING!!! There it is again!!! The man has SKILLS!!! Very impressive mate! Keep em comin!

:ph34r:

Is it me, or does the YF-21's clear stand kick ass; in battroid mode in particular??? Since my display is all glass, the light passes right throug it and it almost becomes transparent as if the figure is actually floating or flying! If it wasn't from my walls being a tanish beige color the stand would be invisible! I LOVE ITTTTGHHH!!!!

^_^

OO

It's not just you brother...that stand is BAD A$$!!! I didn't know what to think of the 21 untill I saw it in person. It really is one fiinnnnnneeee lookin bird! Any word on yours from VE?

It's not just you brother...that stand is BAD A$$!!! I didn't know what to think of the 21 untill I saw it in person. It really is one fiinnnnnneeee lookin bird! Any word on yours from VE?

Hahahaha! I've had it for almost two weeks now! Just got around to transforming it and displaying it bro! Kevin's a cool cat that just got caught up in an ackward release. For those things I don't mind waiting on, I will be using his services. But back on that stand??? Damn! I'm looking at it right now like damn!!! I have a second on my desk that I need to customize the adapters for th YF-19. Gotta buy a few more pieces of glass to complete my new v2 1/60 display...those things are just plain sweet! Thought we would see pics of it from the con...

:blink:

OO

Edited by MacrossMan

Have to say the Flexi Stand and Yamato clear stand are equal, both give different options to the displayer.

ESPECIALLY for the 21, i had a hard time prodding the 21 up with the flexi stands (battroid is awkward), clear stand is perfect.

So now you seen the 21, are you finally going to give into the macross Plus line when your done with the hikky shrine Ryno mate mate??? :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

^_^

OO

Your not wrong man it does blend in well! See with mine the glass and clouds make it pretty much invisible.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie