Official 1/60 YF-21 News & Picture Thread (ver.2)

Graham

XD. I knew it would be difficult to hide it from you guys.

I'm going to start working on the prototypes and should hopefully have some progress pics by the end of next week the latest.

Making -22 conversion parts available to other members is a nice thing. There seems to be many that want the -22 and don't want to wait for Yamato. I'd be interested in seeing the finished product as well.

hi! just a warning to check out the feet of your yf-21 before transforming... there's at least one out there with two left feet... i got the one with the two right feet, luckily i got a replacement from my local dealer.

Guest sh002

damn vf-22 custom parts would be cool. now all we need is someone who would repaint a yf-21 red and use those future parts to have a max and milia version.

Well I just cracked mine out of the box and I'm just floored. This thing is a work of plastic art. The transformation, while complex, is fairly intuitive. Once I got it started I really didn't even need the Yamato guide. I really like the transformation process, it feels solid and I didn't feel like I might break something (like the neck on the 19, which was a bit scary that first time). I'm really just blown away by the whole thing.

My 21 is spotless, no signs of any QC issues at all. Joints are all tight (and most are ratchets anyways) and all the pieces are correct and where they should be.

just got mine from valkyrie exchange (kevin)..... its beautiful

im bringing my yf to work so i can play with it more

All mine arrive to my workplace. Some come out the box and get played with. I be this one will be one that will come out the box!

^_^

OO

OK, I've only got one complaint with mine...the canopy won't stay in the open position for sh!t. It's loose as a goose but locks closed just fine. I loosened the belly plate where the leg underneath had that tape around it and cut the tape off. Then put the belly plate back. I'm happy to say that when I pushed the rear of the belly plate together, it stays that way.

The wing tips are easily moved, but not floppy and stay up just fine. The gun pods needed a bit of force to attach, but I like the fact that they're tight. That, and they give me a perfect place to hold the fighter with.

The fast packs...haven't tried them yet, but they look like they're gonna be a pain in the ass to put on so I'll leave that for another time.

It looks like Yamato did a great job with this and it's probably the most anime accurate fighter mode Yamato has done yet with the VF-0 series being a very close second.

You know, I was gonna paint over the yellow with either flat black or white, but I've decided I'm not gonna f*** with it. I kinda like the Blue Angels vibe I get from looking at it. I'll probably put on a few of the stickers for sh!ts and giggles, but that's it.

Definitely the most unique looking valk yet and if you're looking for something different, then this is for you. I can't help but think that a VF-22 version done in either a low-vis or stealth scheme would absolutely ROCK.

Oh, and one more thing, this thing's got some pretty damn good weight to it too.

PICT2756.JPG

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

my 1st 21 that i opened has the same canopy problem, but if you wiggle it a little it will stay in place... but yeha that's the ONLY complaint. :D

THE YAMATO YF-21 IS THE BEST DAMN HIGH END COLLECTABLE EVER MADE!

IT'S SLEEK, HEAVY, SOLID, EXTREMELY TIGHT, MASSIVE, just O0ZZES pure sexy, my fav Valk is finally in my hands/macross shrine and i couldn't be happier.

Battroid mode is fantastic, the legs are perfect imo, they don't need to be bigger at all, the whole 21 just has q-rau sex appeal everywhere, gotta love it just for that even.

Gerwalk mode is great, i dig it. Hands are the best yet.

Improvements?

I'd like the legs to move more freely in the fighter to gerwalk cycle, it's a real b^tch to get them down at first, without moving the back up. I've only attempted the cycles a couple of times

so i gather that will be easier to do with practice, maybe i should consult the transformation vids that youz ppl have done.

Umm, the legs aren't the most poseable, it reminds me of the Q-Rau sought of, i'd like the knees to have a joint to pan/swing at the sides even just a little. But these are fine.

Paint job is wicked, i'm going to decal mine up (the final gambit mode one that i will use for transformation cycles again and again an...)

Whilst the other will be nice and minty in the cabinet (which i'm thinking of displaying with the YF-19 in fighter mode in my cloud/coffee table display like i said i was gonna do half a year back.

I'm a happy chappy!

I spose i better do pics... *kicks rock in the distance with hands in pockets* :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I loosened the belly plate where the leg underneath had that tape around it and cut the tape off. Then put the belly plate back. I'm happy to say that when I pushed the rear of the belly plate together, it stays that way.

You cut the tape off the where now? Id love to get my bellyplates to lock together firmly. Pics of what u did and where u did it?

Thanks man i'll check it out. I just wanted to try it for myself without looking it up, of course i HAd to check the booklet coz i was having trouble with the legs, but that was the only problem. Plus then you slide the booster/back pack part up i clicked it in, and couldn't get it back! It was damn tight and i was trying all soughts of different things to release it and was fearful of it stressing or something crap like that, but i slid it back eventually..

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

You cut the tape off the where now? Id love to get my bellyplates to lock together firmly. Pics of what u did and where u did it?

Mine had tape wrapped around the bottom part of the right leg/foot and the clear tape was sticking out the back of it in fighter mode when I pulled it out of the box.

So I unlocked the right belly plate and pulled the leg out enough for me to cut the tape and take it off. Then I placed the leg back and closed the belly plates back up.

If you haven't transformed yours yet, you should see the tape that they wrapped around the lower right leg/foot.

-Kyp