Official 1/60 YF-21 News & Picture Thread (ver.2)

Graham

Can someone take or link to a picture of this pinhole on the knee they talk about? I'll be damned if I can see any such thing. What am I missing, here?

Because peolesdru has been cool enough to give us a bunch of very insightful transformation videos, it's only fair that I respond to his one simple request (with COLOR PICS!!). Here's that pinhole on the knee I was talking about:

BEFORE TRANSFORMING:

post-3595-1214033995_thumb.jpg

AFTER TRANSFORMING:

post-3595-1214034008_thumb.jpg

You'll definitely want to make sure the pinhole is covered before going back into fighter mode. It'll make the legs sit a little easier inside the bellyplates. (Just note, the lower leg probably needs to be bent back one or two clicks in my "after" pic before being placed inside the bellyplates.)

A few observations after futzing around with my second YF-21:

1) It looks like the blue cockpit/chestpiece is supposed to be screwed down. Looks like the factory workers forgot to put the damn screws on my first YF-21. :rolleyes:

2) Even after transforming it and putting the legs and everything in the correct position, the bellyplates on my second YF-21 are still a bit of a bitch to lock up in fighter mode. Not sure what I'm doing wrong with it either, since the bellyplates on my first YF-21 lock up pretty easily.

Because peolesdru has been cool enough to give us a bunch of very insightful transformation videos, it's only fair that I respond to his one simple request (with COLOR PICS!!).

Much appreciated! I think I've never seen that hole because I didn't realize the leg had a joint there and THAT would be because I never bother with gerwalk mode.

A few observations after futzing around with my second YF-21:

Your SECOND YF-21??? Well, la-dee-da! ;)

By the way, my video on fastpacks is up, as promised. I started another thread for it.

Had my YF-21 for a week or so now. So, I decided to put on the fast packs. One of the skirt armour's pack already had its stub snapped pre-packaged. I didn't find the missing piece in the box, soo... yeah. If that can happen, I'd suggest caution when putting it on and taking it off, too.

The YF-21 was pretty hard to remove from the box too, and I must've been a bit groggy that night or something as well. Anyway, removing it didn't go too well and the left wing's joint kinda broke. Managed to glue it back but now it's floppy and won't stay upright in fighter mode. Yep.

Another thing; make sure you put the legs back in the right way if you remove them from the hip joints. Pulling them out again can be quite a pain; and if you didn't know it's the wrong way in, and then decide to twist the thing for fighter mode... well, the result won't be pretty. :p I found that out the hard way. (You get stress marks because the protruding part of the hip joint grinds the front of the leg)

One other gripe is the loose ball joint on one of the skirt armours. The rubber thingie that holds it in place seems to be sticking out quite a bit compared to the other leg's. Hmm.

I've just received mine yesterday and I spend a few hours playing with it. I love the sturdiness, the bright colors, the gallor of gimmicks, and the quality of the materials used as well as the new design improvements. It was pretty hard prying out all the parts at first (I almost torn the nail off of one of my fingers doing so), but after I got the just of transforming it, it was smooth sailing transforming the figure back and forth. For me, the YF-21 is by far one of the best (if not the best) Macross products made by Yamato.

I've also made a detailed review with photos on my newly made fan site below:

Direct link to my 1/60 YF-21 Review.

I posted information about my website on the Homepages - Show off your Macross Homepage section of these forums if anyone's interested at having a look at my site.

I've just received mine yesterday and I spend a few hours playing with it. I love the sturdiness, the bright colors, the gallor of gimmicks, and the quality of the materials used as well as the new design improvements. It was pretty hard prying out all the parts at first (I almost torn the nail off of one of my fingers doing so), but after I got the just of transforming it, it was smooth sailing transforming the figure back and forth. For me, the YF-21 is by far one of the best (if not the best) Macross products made by Yamato.

I've also made a detailed review with photos on my newly made fan site below:

Direct link to my 1/60 YF-21 Review.

I posted information about my website on the Homepages - Show off your Macross Homepage section of these forums if anyone's interested at having a look at my site.

Slide the back pack up.

Crap, thanks Vic; on closer inspection I do have to slide the bottom half of the back pack up. Now not only do I have to retake my photos, I'll have to take back the "turtle" part of my review.

Yep, expect a revised version soon... just great, stupid me.

<Mog pops his head out of his cave/workshop> DAMMIT!! I'M WORKING ON IT!!!!!

:lol:

Anyone still making customized stickers out there?

I've got the sticker designs ready (been ready for a long while now actually). But I just need to check/measure the designs on the actual bird and then get someone to print/make the stickers for me.

I dig the white stripe on that model. Think of how that would look in your display. :o

Rather canon schemes. For non-canon i'll be happy with a low-vis or stealth. It's just the stripe i don't like. :(

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Rather canon schemes. For non-canon i'll be happy with a low-vis or stealth. It's just the stripe i don't like. :(

I didn't care as much for the "Black Clouds" model the first time I saw it. It really grew on me the more I looked at it. The designer/builder has my respect.

Man I just got my 21 today and everything was perfect until I noticed that the blue clip part for the lower leg was missing on the right leg of my 21 !!!! :angry: . I'm not sure if it popped off somehow, but man I can't find this thing anywhere and I'm thinking Yamato forgot to put it in. Anyone think I should send this item back in exchange for a new 21 thats properly assembled?