Official 1/60 YF-21 News & Picture Thread (ver.2)

Graham

Which means there's no f*cking way that the 1/60 VF-1 is gonna be out by August-September. <_<

-Kyp

I'd actually be okay with that.

look on the bright side, for those of us who have already paid, we paid when the dollar was slightly* stronger against the yen, so that mean we actually paid less then people who are going to pay in a month or so. :p

Edited by eugimon

You know, I'm actually kind of relieved ... I have a vacation next month and could use the spare change while I'm out of town.

Cheer up, guys. We've all waited exactly how long for this now? If this means the leg doesn't fall off the first time I transform it, I say give them all the time they need.

You bought ALL 3 CM Legioss-Tread sets????

:o :o :o

Wow. Impressive mate.

What's more impressive is that, through all these years, my wallet was converted into a transformable mecha!!!!

From a heavy, fat wallet, it turns into an EMPTY one :lol::lol:

What's more impressive is that, through all these years, my wallet was converted into a transformable mecha!!!!

From a heavy, fat wallet, it turns into an EMPTY one

I think you would be better to say your wallet shed it's GBP-1S armour and gone all out with the delimiter mode

getting rid of it's arms and legs. :lol: !

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I say it just means more time to save up for it, with the gas prices on the rise buying these toys are getting harder. . .

From a heavy, fat wallet, it turns into an EMPTY one :lol::lol:

No man. It's more like a GBP Armour. Once the target is sighted all the notes coming flying out!

I put this pic together to see what the 1/60 21 would have looked like if Yamato was able to give it bigger legs. I think it looks much better. I know fully well that there are compromises that need to be made to make a perfect transforming 21, but part of me (the part that loves the 21 battroid) just wishes they were a little less bias towards the fighter mode.

Totally agree with you there, there's no comparison between d-stance's 21 in battroid and yamato's - mainly due to the nose hanging so low in battroid as well as aspects of the legs only exacerbating this problem.

Even minor changes along the lines of your pic would be enough to prompt me to get one, but for now battroid is the main reason I'll be sitting this one out, despite how nice it looks in fighter.

I don't get all the focusing on the legs and saying that yamato didn't compromise in favor of battroid. Look at all the other compromises on the dstance, the wonky and line art incorrect cowl for instance. Or the long ass monkey arms. There's so many things wrong with the d-stance, why no nitpicking of all the compromises on that design and the slavish devotion to the legs?

I don't get all the focusing on the legs and saying that yamato didn't compromise in favor of battroid. Look at all the other compromises on the dstance, the wonky and line art incorrect cowl for instance. Or the long ass monkey arms. There's so many things wrong with the d-stance, why no nitpicking of all the compromises on that design and the slavish devotion to the legs?

No clue...I gave up trying to figure that out a long time ago. The Yamato over all (And especially fighter mode) is much more line art correct than that craptacular D-Stance.

-Kyp

IMHO, the YF-21 is probably Yamato's best design to date engineering-wise, taking into account the sheer "impossibility" of the YF-21 actually existing in 3D like the animation shows. The YF-21 has more anime magic in its transformation than all other valks combined. I mean, c'mon--the ENTIRE FRONT HALF OF THE PLANE is only the chest plate? And the legs are 3x bigger than the chest in battroid mode--yet fit into the belly, with room enough remaining in the fuselage for the arms, engines, and intakes? The YF-19 may shift "shape" a lot, but it doesn't grow and shrink major parts of itself by 250%. The Sv-51 is very well engineered/translated, but it's a much more "plausible" design to start with--not much "magic" besides the arm proportions.

And thus, Yamato did even better than the D'stance IMHO. Certainly in fighter (it has landing gear and the forward fuselage isn't 50% too long), and debatably in battroid.