Official 1/60 YF-21 News & Picture Thread (ver.2)

Graham

sigh, more pics, more drool, i just cancelled my 3rd, so i'm getting only 2, and that's all for now.

Too much stuff coming out.

really wanted that third! T_T 2 will do. *rocks back and forth "2 will do, 2 will do, 2 will do..."*

Gentlemen,

... this is the Omega YF-21, the most ultimate macross toy ever produced, and it's being released in a month and a bit.

:D:p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

as far as fighter mode goes, the yf-21 blows the yf-19 clean out of the water.

I don't want to start a pissing contest in this thread, but looking at my YF-19 sitting here on my computer desk, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to disagree with you there. The 1/60 YF-19 is a gorgeous bird in fighter mode and I don't think Yamato could have made this anymore anime accurate without making the overall design too fragile.

I don't think that the YF-21 looks any better than the YF-19 in fighter mode, however, I feel the same way about the YF-19. I don't think that either one looks better than the other where fighter mode is concerned.

I think it actually gives the vf-0 a run for its money in terms of anime accuracy.

Now that, I can agree with you on. The YF-21 turned out better than even than I was hoping, I just hope that this isn't gonna be riddled with design flaws leading to a lack of durability. And I'm really hoping that this one will be QC issue-free as well.

-Kyp

I don't want to start a pissing contest in this thread, but looking at my YF-19 sitting here on my computer desk, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to disagree with you there. The 1/60 YF-19 is a gorgeous bird in fighter mode and I don't think Yamato could have made this anymore anime accurate without making the overall design too fragile.

I don't think that the YF-21 looks any better than the YF-19 in fighter mode, however, I feel the same way about the YF-19. I don't think that either one looks better than the other where fighter mode is concerned.

ah, I only meant in terms of being accurate to the line art. The yf-19 is an engineering feat to be sure, but there are some noticable compromises, like the gullet and the way the legs and the wing roots meet and consequently the way the FAST packs need to be attached. The yf-21 appears much closer to the way the anime looked and doesn't seem to have as many design changes.

Edited by eugimon

ah, I only meant in terms of being accurate to the line art. The yf-19 is an engineering feat to be sure, but there are some noticable compromises, like the gullet and the way the legs and the wing roots meet and consequently the way the FAST packs need to be attached. The yf-21 appears much closer to the way the anime looked and doesn't seem to have as many design changes.

Yeah, I have to admit that the YF-21 is more line art accurate than the 19, there's no question about that.

-Kyp

Not that it'd effect whether I buy it or not, but is the head poseable too? Looks like it does judging by the pics.

Looks like someone drooled all over it. :D

No wonder the Bubblegum Crisis Motoslave has so little gloss on it. They ran out of it because they spent it all on the yf-21.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

that's OMEGA PANTS, if you can't say it right, don't even try, beeyatch. :lol:

Ahh crap, you got me there. :lol: dayamn! We had like a couple of weeks peace and it only came up a couple of days ago

forgive me sire. *hangs head in shame*

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

The YF-21 turned out better than even than I was hoping, I just hope that this isn't gonna be riddled with design flaws leading to a lack of durability. And I'm really hoping that this one will be QC issue-free as well.

Ditto. I hope there's no issues with this bird either ....

:rolleyes:

QC issues? Just do what I do and leave it in Fighter mode, you'll never have to worry about QC issues. Oh wait, my '19 has... :wacko:

Photos from Winter Wonder Festival 2008. Photos thanks to MWer: SaveRobotech.

Graham

<Hommer mode on>

Aaawwwggg.... <droool>

:rolleyes:

Caan--dyyy...

<Hommer mode off>

Yamato, congratulations!! Me wants!! 2!! ^_^

mcpaz

As much as I like the finish on the YF-21, I'd still like to know what made Yamato decide to not go with a matte finish like all the other Valks? :huh:

Maybe they tried making it matte and decided that the gloss looked better?

-Kyp

IMO I'm going with the Matte finish as the better looking one.

I think the gloss finish is perfect. Remember that this is a prototype fighter. Actual prototypes are glossy plus the fighter in the anime is also glossy. Then again so was the YF-19 but the toy still came out dull. Personally I think the 21 looks perfect glossy. Only problem I can forsee is that with such a glossy finish, stickers will really stand out. I hope most of the markings...especially the large ones, will be tampo.

Chris

I think the gloss finish is perfect. Remember that this is a prototype fighter. Actual prototypes are glossy plus the fighter in the anime is also glossy. Then again so was the YF-19 but the toy still came out dull. Personally I think the 21 looks perfect glossy. Only problem I can forsee is that with such a glossy finish, stickers will really stand out. I hope most of the markings...especially the large ones, will be tampo.

Chris

Same thing i was thinking. I always remember one of the first scenes in Mac+ where the 21 was rolling out onto the runway, shining in the desert sun.