Looking for VF-X2 SPECIAL VERSION ISO

klam1020

For the extra VF-5000. I am now looking for VF-X2 SPECIAL VERSION, I hope you guys could give me some help to find where I can download this special ISO. Thank you so much :lol:

Sadly if I'm right, the VF-5000 was US only, and the game never made release due to supposively HG butting in on bandai US just weeks before its release date.

I played the imported and I dont recall the VF-5000 ever being in that version.

Afraid your looking for a ghost.

He's referring to the VF-X2 Special Version (also known as the Tokyo Snack Version), not the bland US demo. And the VF-5000B is indeed playable in the Special Version. The game is insanely rare and I wouldn't be surprised if Graham is the only English-speaking person in the world to own a copy. I don't remember it being released by the usual ps1 warez groups of its day, so the only way to get an ISO of it would be through Graham, and I highly doubt he'd be willing to do that.

Here's the article Graham wrote about it. Is that a chibi-Graham on the top? :lol:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/news/_news_n034.htm

He's referring to the VF-X2 Special Version (also known as the Tokyo Snack Version), not the bland US demo. And the VF-5000B is indeed playable in the Special Version. The game is insanely rare and I wouldn't be surprised if Graham is the only English-speaking person in the world to own a copy. I don't remember it being released by the usual ps1 warez groups of its day, so the only way to get an ISO of it would be through Graham, and I highly doubt he'd be willing to do that.

Here's the article Graham wrote about it. Is that a chibi-Graham on the top? :lol:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/news/_news_n034.htm

Hope someone have it

Yes, that's me when I still had my beard and moustache and much more hair on top. That pic is probably about 10-12 years old now. Gotta see if I still have the original somewhere. The pic was drawn by a girl in UK by the name of Emmeline Dobson and was part of a series. She also drew one for Rik Newman, webmaster of the macross.co.uk site and huge Macross 7 fan(see attached pic). There was another pic of Olie Barder (MWer: Cacophanous), with a Max DYRL VF-1 body IIRC, but that has been lost to the mists of time.

And yes, I have an original copy of the VF-X2 Special Version. So far I have resisted all requests to burn a copy or to make it available online. Maybe I'm being selfish, it's just I feel that something so rare and so hard to come by should remain rare and hard to come by.

Graham

post-11-1199681897_thumb.jpg

And yes, I have an original copy of the VF-X2 Special Version. So far I have resisted all requests to burn a copy or to make it available online. Maybe I'm being selfish, it's just I feel that something so rare and so hard to come by should remain rare and hard to come by.

But it'll STILL be rare and hard to come by.

Just like there's only one Mona Lisa, but there's billions of photos of the Mona Lisa.

GOooooooo WAREZ!

• 2 weeks later...
The pic was drawn by a girl in UK by the name of Emmeline Dobson and was part of a series. She also drew one for Rik Newman, webmaster of the macross.co.uk site and huge Macross 7 fan(see attached pic).

Just curious, but whatever happened to Rik Newman? Before MW, his site used to be the best place for Macross news. When MW popped up, I expected him to migrate over along with you, instead he just disappeared from the Macross scene entirely.

Someone did rip the game a couple years ago-remember a link floating around on the old forums, or on one of the imacross servers, so it is out there.

There was a demo version of the game released in one of the US game magazines, but for the life of me I can't remember the available aircraft you can fly....

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/ads/ads_games_vfx23.htm

S

Wow, I can never imagine the game being sold for Yen 95,000!!! Now, that is possibly one of the most expensive Macross item I have seen changing hands on Yaoo Japan besides those anime cels.

Graham

T_T

I don't see what makes the Special Version/Tokyo Snack worth paying for. The VF-5000 model looks plain and lacking detail..much worse than the variable craft from the normal version. Even M+ game edition had a better VF-5000 in it. The unreleased US version on the other hand would be worth paying for.

Edited by hellohikaru

Yes, that's me when I still had my beard and moustache and much more hair on top. That pic is probably about 10-12 years old now. Gotta see if I still have the original somewhere. The pic was drawn by a girl in UK by the name of Emmeline Dobson and was part of a series. She also drew one for Rik Newman, webmaster of the macross.co.uk site and huge Macross 7 fan(see attached pic). There was another pic of Olie Barder (MWer: Cacophanous), with a Max DYRL VF-1 body IIRC, but that has been lost to the mists of time.

Graham

Hey, I want one of those with my head on it! A Roy's 1S or a YF-19.

• 4 weeks later...

Would somebody like to trade (or would like-something or perhaps is maybe looking-for something themselves) for ANY of the MACROSS ISO's; ESPECIALLY for the PS2 & the PC/Home-Computer?

I don't necessarily care if they are originals or not, and I'm than perfectly okay with that. I have a MODDED PS2, and you can well-image about ALL of my PC-Titles, and if you have any of the MACROSS titles in the same way, so trading copies-for-copies is great with me!

I've previously mentioned (on here, but not in this Forum-Topic), that I have pretty-much ANY Anime-Title that is out there; all of them are originals. back-ups are not a problem. I have nearly just under 275+ PS2-Titles. I have more than a couple-thousand PC-Titles.

I have a lot of Macross Models here as well, that I even consider trading in exchange for any of the MACROSS games that I'm looking for (for PC and/or PS, and PS2). Obviously, that's considering what's being offered in terms of titles, format, etc.,.

I already own the PS2 version of MACROSS (in original Japanese) and since playing that MACROSS-game, I've been completely hooked it/them. the Robotech-Battlecry game that I own, too, actually had really great gameplay (despite the storyline being complete bloody-rubbish)/ I'd gladly trade any of those games as well, for any of the other titles that I'm looking for

Since getting that MACROSS title for my PS2, I've been completely-hooked on it, and I have to get those other games/titles. Easily some of the best fun I've had on the PS2, and seeing as its my absolutely-Anime-Series, I've been even more into it, than I even thought before!

Please post me back here, or on my e-mail address:

KawasakiKaizer@Yahoo.com

Thanks and hope to hear from any of you out there, and Cheers For Now!

KawasakiKaizer (Shawn)

(P.S. I don't know if any of you happen to know as well, if there were ever any; "Army of the Southern Cross", or "Mospeada" games for any of the consoles or PC (other than Robotech: Invasion, the US-based, "Robotech" game about the Invid-Invasion) but if anyone has an info on that longshot, please post me here or at my e-mail address, too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Graham

There were actually four images that Emmeline did (and they were all actual cels too, reverse painted on plastic with acrylic). My cel was actually of Max's VF-1J from the TV series (not DYRL). The funny thing is that I no longer have the same haircut and I sport a goatee these days too, still it's a pretty cool Macross snapshot in time.

em_cel1.jpg

em_cel2.jpg

em_cel3.jpg

em_cel4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
There were actually four images that Emmeline did (and they were all actual cels too, reverse painted on plastic with acrylic). My cel was actually of Max's VF-1J from the TV series (not DYRL). The funny thing is that I no longer have the same haircut and I sport a goatee these days too, still it's a pretty cool Macross snapshot in time.

em_cel1.jpg

em_cel2.jpg

em_cel3.jpg

em_cel4.jpg

These are soooo sweet!!

I love Macross cartoons and custom Chibi's are even better!!!

Thanks for the post...

• 7 months later...

I actually saw one definitely for go under 30,000 yen (probably between 25,000-28,000 yen) a few months back. I was thinking about bidding on it, but I believe the seller ended the listing early, since it was originally listed higher and he found someone else to bite at a slightly lower re-listed price.

The 98,000 yen is still up for bids at 2,000 yen less: http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g64262988 .

Wish they would do a compilation game on Blu-ray for PS3. They could throw in some english subs/translation and bonus points if they do new textures (fat chance, I know).

Yes,

It is insane what collectors will pay for some things.

I second the opinion that the PS1 VF-X games aren't worth it.

Frankly, I don't think any of the games are worth over $150 used or not... (Even though I have a few Saturn games that are well in excess of $100, too.)

I had the first game in the VF-X series and it had some of the blandest texturing and worst MIDI music you can imagine! In just about any given level, you'd find that 2 of your 3 variable fighter modes were worthless. The fighters tended to be overly sensitive to pad movements and the game was just overall bland beyond words. It was really my first big inititiation into the whole anime license translation to bad videogame experience. Thank goodness I never collected many anime-based games, period! (And people only think American films get turned into bad videogames? Hah!)

I had the demo of the second VF-X game released with a PS1 magazine, but the only fighter you could play in the sample level with was the YF-19. Although it looked nicer than VF-X in that one level, all I've ever heard from people that owned both games was that they preferred the first one. I don't feel bad that I passed on the second import game when it was available new.

The only Macross games I've ever owned that were worth keeping (for myself, at any rate) were Macross: Scramble Valkyrie for the SNES/SFamicon (works flawlessly with the latest SNES emulators -- used to own the original cart, too, before I auctioned it a year later), the Banpresto Macross and Macross Plus arcade vertical shooters (supported by MAME even if sound reproduction isn't perfect), the Sega Saturn Macross shooter (later ported to PS1), and finally the best of the bunch, the PS2 Macross game. I also still own disc copies of the last two. Compressed files for the SNES and arcade shooters are widely available for their latest emulators.

I have ACE 2: Special Vocal Version (which features Macross mecha levels with the original Max, Fokker, and replacement Hikaru actors) but frankly the total Japanese language immersion in that game (hardly a lick of English) makes it very frustrating to play it. There are FAQ guides, yes, but the lack of a match up between the kanji screen options and English makes it a chore to wade through the game. What I wouldn't kill to have an online strategy guide with JPEG pics decrypted into English to get through at least the option menus!

My one complaint about original Macross games in general is the insistence on recreating scenarios from the movie and TV series. I wish the game developers would create more original levels with the original characters instead of rehashing what's ancient history all the time. What I think most longtime Macross fans would prefer are original scenarios with the characters that got written off by Kawamori after Flashback 2012 was finished... There are not only possibilities for "side stories" to the original saga (a la the numerous UC Century Gundam spin-offs) but also the period between 2012 and 2016 that remains mostly undocumented for the original love triangle...

• 1 year later...

I also think there should be original stories for games like it happened with the VF-X games, only handled with good game engines.

And Scrambled Valkyrie and the PS2 Macross aren't the only good Macross games. Ace Frontier and Ultimate Frontier for the PSP are very good in the former case and excellent in the latter case. If you have a PSP, you should grab them... At the very least Utimate Frontier.

Regarding the Another Century's Episode games, they're nice, but more so for Gundam fans... The story focuses so much on the original character AND the Gundam types that the other series get kind of a short stick each... Except for Brain Powerd, but that is also a Tomino story... So there seems to be a preference...

Still, I happen to also be a Gundam fan... go figure...

But Macross > Gundam =P

I also think there should be original stories for games like it happened with the VF-X games, only handled with good game engines.

And Scrambled Valkyrie and the PS2 Macross aren't the only good Macross games. Ace Frontier and Ultimate Frontier for the PSP are very good in the former case and excellent in the latter case. If you have a PSP, you should grab them... At the very least Utimate Frontier.

You're replying to a post from an entire year ago. Ultimate Frontier wasn't even out yet.

Edited by Ginrai