Macross Frontier Mecha/Technology Thread *Read 1st post*

azrael

Perhaps the Queadluun-Rea is supposed to be smaller, but those proportions look way out of scale to me. The Queadluun-Rau is supposed to be roughly twice as tall as the pilot (not including the antennae). In that shot, the Q-Rea looks roughly the same size as a Valkyrie and Klan would fill out the entire suit from almost head to foot. That's definitely not right, at least in the way the Q-Rau was shown in SDF Macross.

queadluun-rau-cockpit.gif

qrau-and-pilot.gif

Have we just found our first AnimeFriend/STAR PRO-like animation gaffa? :)

Where do the pilots legs go????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, just stirring, I remember that debate.

Taksraven

^^ I've pointed this out in the Episode Thread as well. So which is canon, the one we saw in Episode 4 or the one in episode 6?

Also, speaking of technology am I the only one who is in disbelief of the Red Lobster's capabilities?

According to the Leon in Episode 5:

== Makes its own missiles....WTF!!!??? Unlimited Ammo!!! :ph34r:

== Has a reactor capable of powering ECA and Fold Generator. :ph34r:

Can anyone say SUPER OVERPOWERED? :rolleyes:

I think we just need to say SF magic and not get too worked up about it. Most (99.9%) SF and SF Anime has little basis in reality. Its just the way it is. B))

And I would STILL like to know why the captain seems to have a pair of goggles as part of his uniform. (Strange fashion sense or a mega-powerful piece of artillery on the Macross Quarter.)

We might finally find out next episode.

Taksraven

And I would STILL like to know why the captain seems to have a pair of goggles as part of his uniform. (Strange fashion sense or a mega-powerful piece of artillery on the Macross Quarter.)

We might finally find out next episode.

Taksraven

That seems to be a tribute to Star Blazers/ Space Battleship Yamato (Uchuu Senkan Yamato - 1974), where they used goggles when the Yamato's Wave Motion gun was fired... Shoji Kawamori is very fond of that show (I believe he also was a guest designer/intern on it when he was like 14 years old or so... never credited for his work there...). Lots of designs from Macross (weapons, ships, uniforms, etc.) are clearly inspired by that show... In fact... the Bolognese Class Stealth Frigate looks a lot like a design that appeared in one of its episodes...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

That seems to be a tribute to Star Blazers/ Space Battleship Yamato (Uchuu Senkan Yamato - 1974), where they used goggles when the Yamato's Wave Motion gun was fired... Shoji Kawamori is very fond of that show (I believe he also was a guest designer/intern on it when he was like 14 years old or so... never credited for his work there...). Lots of designs from Macross (weapons, ships, uniforms, etc.) are clearly inspired by that show... In fact... the Bolognese Class Stealth Frigate looks a lot like a design that appeared in one of its episodes...

I believe Miyatake did the design for ships and destroid in Macross series. SK only deals with the valk mechanics.

I believe Miyatake did the design for ships and destroid in Macross series. SK only deals with the valk mechanics.

Almost correct. Kawamori also designed the Reguld Battle Pod, the Glaug Battle Pod and the Gnerl Fighter Pod. And it seems Miyatake is not part of Macross Frontier, so I don't know who redesigned his Bolognese (Northampton), Guantanamo, or Uraga Class ships. And of course, the Big grey ship with all the guns that get's "blowed up" by the Vajra is a totally new design.

Almost correct. Kawamori also designed the Reguld Battle Pod, the Glaug Battle Pod and the Gnerl Fighter Pod. And it seems Miyatake is not part of Macross Frontier, so I don't know who redesigned his Bolognese (Northampton), Guantanamo, or Uraga Class ships. And of course, the Big grey ship with all the guns that get's "blowed up" by the Vajra is a totally new design.

ANN says Junya Ishigaki (Macross Zero) and Takeshi Takakura (Aquarion).

FV