Macross Frontier News Thread *Read 1st post*

azrael

No info yet on the Elint VF-171? I want to see that valk in batroid mode since I'm wondering what happened to the lower fin in batroid mode

We already have magazine scans of the VF-171 in battroid mode.

No melee weapon on the VF-25 weapon listing, so does this mean that the knife from the manga is not official?

Details are still confidential. ::)

Going by Hindu mythology, Varja seems to be a weapon of the gods.

Hmm, if that is what they are referring to then it is entirely possible the bugs are the "Varja" and their pilots / handlers are another race that is to be named later...

The dark elves! The enemies of the elves from macross 7. The goal is to kidnap virgin women and sacrifice them to the protodevlin in exchange for power and knowledge. I bet ranka is going to be like what mylene was in macross 7. They prick her body to see if her blood and the genes are what make her the chosen one and that allows the dark elves to open up a stargate or an ancient ruin that will allow them conquer the universe.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

VF-171

Based of VF-17. Developed as a multipurpose heavy fighter. Most popular current variable manned fighter / bomber in 2059. Macross Frontier's NUNS main VF. VF-171 is highly versatile and easy to pilot.

If azrael's translation (above) is correct, I find it interesting that the VF-171 is listed as a multi-purpose heavy fighter/bomber.

Makes me wonder if NUNS have a dedicated space/air superiority fighter that we still haven't seen yet.

Graham

If azrael's translation (above) is correct, I find it interesting that the VF-171 is listed as a multi-purpose heavy fighter/bomber.

Makes me wonder if NUNS have a dedicated space/air superiority fighter that we still haven't seen yet.

Graham

vlcsnap252337nk0.jpg

Perhaps?

However, it seems a bit heavy for a space superiority fighter or it's the cannon fodder fighter for a Zentreadi fleet...

You can run it through the translators yourself. The word "重" is mentioned in there.

The grapevine by ベイソウ・セイケン San

歌シェリルは、カラオケのタイトル画面で

シェリル・ノーム(May'n)となっていたので

May'nさんではないかと思います。

photo2.jpg

artist.jpg

Songstress of Sheryl is May'n San(中林芽依, May Nakabayashi)

Official Website:

http://www.universal-music.co.jp/may/

Profile JPN:

http://www.universal-music.co.jp/may/bio/index.html

Profile EN:

http://www.universal-music.co.jp/may/bio/index_en.html

listen her song:

http://listen.jp/store/albumList_1173473.htm

Edited by kresphy

After the series finally airs...any guess as to how long it'll be till there's an OST released? The BGM that's played, during the history recap, gives the whole series a truly epic feel to it imo (espcially the part where 'Macross F' appears on screen). I can't wait to hear the BGM w/o the narrators voice!

マクロスF『射手座☆午後九時Don't be late』のフルバージョン(カラオケ)

Macross F, 射手座☆午後九時Don't be late, Karaoke FULL Version, FULL Lyrics

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=AivYw20f_bM

「射手座☆午後九時 Don't be late」

words 佐藤大、hal、マイク杉山

music 菅野よう子

arrengement 菅野よう子

vocal シェリル・ノーム

重力反比例 火山みたいに光るfin

キミは知ってんの あたしのbeating heart

妄想のギャラクシー 滑り落ちたらポイズンsea

何億光年 大胆なキスで

飛び越えろ ハラペコなの♪

次のステージにいきましょう

持ってけ 流星散らしてデイト

ここで稀有なファイト

エクスタシー焦がしてよ

飛んでけ 君の胸にsweet

おまかせしなさい

もっとよくしてあげる アゲル

射手座☆午後九時Don't be late

Don't be late the lovely date

赦されないのは 偽りの君の運命

美貌という名の儚い奇跡

一瞬のromantic 溶けたらすぐに(it regrets)

無重力状態 地に足もつかない想いでも

この宇宙いっぱい 鼓動鳴らして愛をあげたい

持ってけ もぎたてpretty chance

無理に飾らないで

そのbarrier 破ってよ

飛んでけ 魅力的なpart

無限に広がる

heart 揺らしてあげる アゲル

乙女座生まれ ファッシネイト

uh 傷ついても…

The future of my love and life is not gonna say good-bye

持ってけ 流星散らしてデイト

ジカで稀有なファイト

エクスタシー焦がしてよ

飛んでけ 想い届けspeed

無限に広がる

heart 揺らしてあげる アゲル

飛んでけ 時を越えてcool

深さ自分次第

heart 揺らして 愛をあげる

射手座☆午後九時Don't be late

Don't be late the lovely date

Edited by kresphy

So if there's a karaoke version out there, is there a normal version yet?

Probably not yet. Man that hurt my ears....

OSTs are usually not released until a few months after a series starts. While ending and opening themes usually appear about a month after they air, OSTs don't come till a few months after the series starts.

After the series finally airs...any guess as to how long it'll be till there's an OST released? The BGM that's played, during the history recap, gives the whole series a truly epic feel to it imo (espcially the part where 'Macross F' appears on screen). I can't wait to hear the BGM w/o the narrators voice!

I agree, it was one of the main things lacking in Macross 7: original BGM music (not just a rehash of Macross II music)

Hey guys,

There's 2 news items with today's date on the Macross official site, the only thing I can make out is the name of TV station that's broadcasting Frontier, anyone willing to translate? I have no clue if this is something totally new, or if they just updated the site with already-known info, thanx. :)

There's 2 news items with today's date on the Macross official site, the only thing I can make out is the name of TV station that's broadcasting Frontier, anyone willing to translate? I have no clue if this is something totally new, or if they just updated the site with already-known info, thanx. :)

1) Macross Museum will be open from 10AM - 5PM, Feb 24. at the Wonder Festival convention. Look for the booth named "25th Anniversary Macross Museum". There will be a "History of the Valkyrie" from the VF-0 to VF-1, the VF-19 and the new VF-25. They will have out-of-print goods for sale from almost every maker. There will be promotional commercials and videos on display. In addition a promotional video for Macross F (Frontier) will be shown. Several Macross F T-shirt designs will be on sale (limited quantity) as well as the 25th Anniversary T-shirts. 25th Anniversary colored Yamato 1/48 VF-1S and 1/60 VF-19 will be on sale as well. First 300 visitors will receive a special gift.

Events:

1:30PM - Talk with Hidetaka Tenjin (and a famous modeler who's name doesn't look right to the machine translator, goes by the name Sgt. Yamazaki?) will discuss the Valkyrie.

JOYSOUND will sponsor a karaoke stage with a special guest at 11AM-1:30PM, and 3 - 4:30PM with Macross 7 Karaoke machines. Karaoke with Macross animation will also be avaliable. Macross F karaoke will also be announced.

Admission: 2000 yen w/ guide book. Kids are free.

2) Grand opening of Macross F official site.

1) Macross Museum will be open from 10AM - 5PM, Feb 24. at the Wonder Festival convention. Look for the booth named "25th Anniversary Macross Museum". There will be a "History of the Valkyrie" from the VF-0 to VF-1, the VF-19 and the new VF-25. They will have out-of-print goods for sale from almost every maker. There will be promotional commercials and videos on display. In addition a promotional video for Macross F (Frontier) will be shown. Several Macross F T-shirt designs will be on sale (limited quantity) as well as the 25th Anniversary T-shirts. 25th Anniversary colored Yamato 1/48 VF-1S and 1/60 VF-19 will be on sale as well. First 300 visitors will receive a special gift.

Events:

1:30PM - Talk with Hidetaka Tenjin (and a famous modeler who's name doesn't look right to the machine translator, goes by the name Sgt. Yamazaki?) will discuss the Valkyrie.

JOYSOUND will sponsor a karaoke stage with a special guest at 11AM-1:30PM, and 3 - 4:30PM with Macross 7 Karaoke machines. Karaoke with Macross animation will also be avaliable. Macross F karaoke will also be announced.

Admission: 2000 yen w/ guide book. Kids are free.

2) Grand opening of Macross F official site.

Sounds really cool, I wonder if someone will put that promo video up on the net after they show it on the convention. Thanx for the quick translation :)

PS: I'd love to get my hands on a couple of those t-shirts :(

Probably not yet. Man that hurt my ears....

OSTs are usually not released until a few months after a series starts. While ending and opening themes usually appear about a month after they air, OSTs don't come till a few months after the series starts.

Yeah, I thought if there was a karaoke version floating around out there, that might have meant maybe a 'Don't Be Late' single had been released with a full version, karaoke version, and maybe another tune.

According to the update in the official website (and my limited japanese), the booth in Wonderfest this weekend will have:

- a diorama with the Valkyries including the VF-0, VF-1, YF-19 and VF-25 (!)

- a promotion video for Macross Frontier (there's a mention of a mecha-something)

The companies that will be there will have:

- a Macross F t-shirt

- Cospa will have the Destroid Monster and Battroid t-shirts

- Yamato will have the 25th aniv VF-1S and YF-19 (.....)

On the events side:

- a "talk stage"

- a "karaoke stage"

I hope someone can do a better translation ^_^

Macross F's webpage has been update with additional info about Wonder Festival.

- Pics of all the shirts that will be available at Wonder Festival 2008. Each shirt is 3,000 yen.

- "Weathered" Yamato 1/48 VF-1S will be available for 17,800 yen in addition to 25th anniversary-colored VF-1 and YF-19.

Quantities are limited.

Macross F's webpage has been update with additional info about Wonder Festival.

- Pics of all the shirts that will be available at Wonder Festival 2008. Each shirt is 3,000 yen.

- "Weathered" Yamato 1/48 VF-1S will be available for 17,800 yen in addition to 25th anniversary-colored VF-1 and YF-19.

Quantities are limited.

Wow, I'd give anything for those t-shirts, is anyone going from here willing to take some orders? :p

The middle one with the "F" logo is pretty cool too. What I'd like is a baseball cap with that logo on it.

I'm surprised there isn't one with the iconic Hikaru VF1-S with the word "Deculture!" written in large letters (blood-splatter font) which was the phrase that officially signaled the end of Space War I in DYRL when Bodolza got his head blown up by the race of "mini-me" humans.

Now normal people wouldn't know what Deculture! means. So when they see the VF1-S you can explain it to them that this is the alien language and it means: "OH poo I'm about to get my brains-in-a-ship blown to pieces by this little robot" in english and then they'd go "Oh I didn't know this.". And then you can say to them "you are so uncultured. Everyone knows that is what the zentradi say when they are about to die. What are you, some dumb, uneducated, robotech fanboy?! Deculture!"

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker