Macross Frontier News Thread *Read 1st post*

azrael

Yea, and I still can't see how Ranka and Alto are even CLOSE to the same age. Yea yea, I know :p

It's the future! that kind of relations are acceptable then ^_^

Ooh, diggin' the 25"A"!

Az is right, it would be best to refer to it as the "Luca" fighter until a letter is designated, remember we all thought Alto's was a "J" until we found out it was an "F"...

Az is right, it would be best to refer to it as the "Luca" fighter until a letter is designated, remember we all thought Alto's was a "J" until we found out it was an "F"...

Ja, hence the ""

You're a many of good taste, Graham.

Edited by Kelsain

Because that particular VF-25 variant is green, which is Luca's color (seen when Luca is in his Ex-Gear uniform). Alto is red, Mikhail/Michel/Michael is blue, Luca is green.

Edited by Mr March

Skull leader seems to be SMS 001....but if i'm not mistaken from the OP, Alto's red 25 is also labeled SMS 001 and from latest pics, Luca-type is 004. Any thoughts?

Skull leader seems to be SMS 001....but if i'm not mistaken from the OP, Alto's red 25 is also labeled SMS 001 and from latest pics, Luca-type is 004. Any thoughts?

Alto's 25 is 007

post-2094-1207799486_thumb.jpg

Edited by Priss!

damn, as excited as I am for the A variant for Luca's valk, I'm also sadden that he will most likely end up blown up... Kazizaki colors + inferior designation valk = bye bye

I'm digging the "A" head and I hope they don't go Kakizaki with Luca, give him more than that.

Because that particular VF-25 variant is green, which is Luca's color (seen when Luca is in his Ex-Gear uniform). Alto is red, Mikhail/Michel/Michael is blue, Luca is green.

But is it confirmed that Luca will be a VF-25 pilot? I haven't watched the broadcast version yet, so forgive me if I'm missing something, but if I'm not, is that just as much speculation as guessing it's an A type?

For the record, though, I'm glad to see a green Valkyrie that isn't the puke-green Sound Force VF-17.

But is it confirmed that Luca will be a VF-25 pilot? I haven't watched the broadcast version yet, so forgive me if I'm missing something, but if I'm not, is that just as much speculation as guessing it's an A type?

Both him an Mikhail are part of SMS and we have seen him in a flight suit in the OP.

according to this document:

http://www.bandaivisual.co.jp/pdf/2008/pr080410.pdf

Macross Frontier will be released in both DVD AND Blu-ray on July 25th.

Price: 5040 yen (Blu-ray), 3990 yen (DVD)

Running time: 82 mins

Audio: Blu-ray = linear PCM (stereo), DVD = Dolby Digital (stereo)

both include lineart and both versions of Episode 1 AND... an audio commentary

volume 2 will be released in September, for a total of 9. Future Blu-ray discs will cost 7350 yen, DVDs 6300 yen

edit: regarding the first episode, the DVDs include the "Deculture Edition" that runs for 27 mins (the one aired in Dec) and the "Yakku Deculture Edition" (full version) that runs for 32 mins... so that means there's a THIRD version? :blink:

Edited by GGemini

volume 2 will be released in September, for a total of 9. Future Blu-ray discs will cost 7350 yen, DVDs 6300 yen

Just wondering the exact meaning of the above statement? Does it mean there will be a total of 9 disks? If yes, as most anime TV series DVDs contain 4 episodes, that could mean the series is 36 episodes long in total! More han the previously rumored 26 episodes! Or am I reading to much into it?

Graham

edit: regarding the first episode, the DVDs include the "Deculture Edition" that runs for 27 mins (the one aired in Dec) and the "Yakku Deculture Edition" (full version) that runs for 32 mins... so that means there's a THIRD version? :blink:

I'm guessing the "Yakku Deculture Edition" will be the Deculture edition with the new footage from the broadcast version of episode # 1 inserted into it, i.e. the extra concert footage.

That would be fantastic.

I'm definitely ordering the DVDs. No plan to upgrade to BluRay for many years.

Graham

Just wondering the exact meaning of the above statement? Does it mean there will be a total of 9 disks? If yes, as most anime TV series DVDs contain 4 episodes, that could mean the series is 36 episodes long in total! More han the previously rumored 26 episodes! Or am I reading to much into it?

Graham

Yep, thought so too!

But.. if we deduct the time of both versions of episode 1 from the total running time of 82 mins, we're left with 23 mins. That might mean that the first DVD only includes 2 episodes... who knows what the rate of episodes per disk will be for the 8 volumes that follow.

I really hope the Yakku Deculture Edition is as you mention!

Well it could juste as easily be 3 episodes per disk. If the first one includes only the first couple of episodes, ca would make 26. Of course I'd definitly like to have 39 episodes series.... but I doubt it :(

As for the Yakku Deculture Edition, my ! Is we have a longest cut on the DVD that's just awesome !

Man I just wish there was a chance a DVD (or even Better Blu-Ray) release here :(

-Sergorn

Well it could juste as easily be 3 episodes per disk. If the first one includes only the first couple of episodes, ca would make 26. Of course I'd definitly like to have 39 episodes series.... but I doubt it :(

As for the Yakku Deculture Edition, my ! Is we have a longest cut on the DVD that's just awesome !

Man I just wish there was a chance a DVD (or even Better Blu-Ray) release here :(

-Sergorn

Of course, 3 episodes per disk = 26.

Wow, those are going to be some expensive disks :(

-Sergorn

Might as well consider it a blu-ray release here. You see North America and Japan are both Region 1 on Blu-ray. So Japanese Blu-rays will play on a north american system, finally my PS3 will go to good use, I bought it at launch for Metal Gear and Final Fantasy and they arent out yet so all it does is play my one game for it Gundam Crossfire.

Well we're Region B in France, so these wouldn't work here unless Macross F is region Free.

But anyway there's no way in hell I'd be buying a Japane DVD or BR without any english subs - especially since they're so freakingly expensive :/

-Sergorn

more news from ANN:

Bandai Visual of Japan has announced (PDF format) that it will release the ongoing Macross Frontier robot anime television series on both DVD and Blu-ray Disc starting on July 25. It also confirmed that the Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 sequel series will also be released on both formats starting on August 22.

The first volume of Macross Frontier on Blu-ray and DVD will contain the first episode in two versions: the preview "Deculture Edition" that aired last December, and a new complete "Yakku Deculture Edition" that will run 32 minutes. The initial pressings will also contain goods that celebrate the 50th anniversary of the fictional Nyan-Nyan Chinese restaurant chain. All pressings will come with 16 pages of liner notes and an audio commentary. The Blu-ray version will have a Linear PCM stereo soundtrack and 16:9-aspect, 1080p-resolution video. The eight remaining volumes will be released monthly starting in September. Macross Frontier marks the 25th anniversary of this science-fiction romance classic.

So, it's just as Graham said... a new complete "Yakku Deculture Version"!

more news from ANN:

Bandai Visual of Japan has announced (PDF format) that it will release the ongoing Macross Frontier robot anime television series on both DVD and Blu-ray Disc starting on July 25. It also confirmed that the Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 sequel series will also be released on both formats starting on August 22.

The first volume of Macross Frontier on Blu-ray and DVD will contain the first episode in two versions: the preview "Deculture Edition" that aired last December, and a new complete "Yakku Deculture Edition" that will run 32 minutes. The initial pressings will also contain goods that celebrate the 50th anniversary of the fictional Nyan-Nyan Chinese restaurant chain. All pressings will come with 16 pages of liner notes and an audio commentary. The Blu-ray version will have a Linear PCM stereo soundtrack and 16:9-aspect, 1080p-resolution video. The eight remaining volumes will be released monthly starting in September. Macross Frontier marks the 25th anniversary of this science-fiction romance classic.

So, it's just as Graham said... a new complete "Yakku Deculture Version"!

I've just notced, but what's interesting about the ANN annoucement is that there is no mention about the broadcast version being. Does that mean this version is destined to be forgotten ?

-Sergorn

It would be wonderful if we got subs on this, but the odds are so incredibly against it...

Having said that: I'm assuming that, in order to split up this 26-episode series, the first three episodes will end up on the first BD ("final" version of episode 1 notwithstanding). I'm actually tempted to order this...