Macross Frontier News Thread *Read 1st post*

azrael

He's the hero pilot. If they follow the SDFM, Alto may not be the genius pilot of the show...

But isn't that what they are promoting him as?

"Trainee student pilot (main character?). 16 years old.

He was born in the lineage of Kabuki female role and is a genius pilot, so he went against his father's wish and hopes to become a pilot."

But isn't that what they are promoting him as?

"Trainee student pilot (main character?). 16 years old.

He was born in the lineage of Kabuki female role and is a genius pilot, so he went against his father's wish and hopes to become a pilot."

Hmm, sounds like...

I thought Alto was supposed to be the genius pilot of this series, mecha color aside.

He may be.

For people who don't get Graham's use of "crack shot", it means marksman or sharpshooter. It doesn't say he's a genius pilot, but he is the best shooter in the fleet.

Something to keep in mind about the genius pilot thing is in the trailer we did see a Blue and White VF-25. However it seems to me it was just a pre-lim for the first episode because if you match it up, the blue and white valk from the trailer does the same stuff that Ozma's grey/yellow armored valk does in ep.1. Whether this means he was going to have a blue originally or they are saving it for someone else I cannot guess.

He may be.

For people who don't get Graham's use of "crack shot", it means marksman or sharpshooter. It doesn't say he's a genius pilot, but he is the best shooter in the fleet.

I suppose it's based on how you see things. In SDF:M, is genius pilot synonymous with genius warrior?

I'm expecting similar themes as SDFM, not a direct adaptation.

There are plenty of references to previous Mac productions, but I can't see them re-doing the original, unless Bigwest (backed by Bandai) were prepared to fight for their intellectual rights in the West.

The coloring of the the valks, the resurrection of the Skull Squadron, etc...

It's so early in the series (with only 1 episode to draw from) the show could go in many different directions.

The first two episode may be the only one that will reference the Macross series that came before it. Sort of paying respects to them you might say. I'm pretty much expecting the series will go it's own way after that.

As for the Michael being the one with the "blue" scheme, well, in movies the snipers tend to be fairly cool and important characters. This may be the angle the show probably will be going for, a pilot who can take out percise important targets at extreme range, rather than someone who can take out mutiple targets easily.

Historically, if Bandai has merch rights to a Macross series, no one tends to release competing items. Mac 2 & Mac 7 are perfect examples. Figures tend to be the only exception I've seen, however that may change with Bandai having trading figure lines out in recent years. :rolleyes:

He's the hero pilot. If they follow the SDFM, Alto may not be the genius pilot of the show...

MAC 2 is a poor example for merchantdising since the only official product i ever seen of it was the 1/100 scale VF-2SS w/SAP model kit. I personally never saw anything else (other than a Perfect Memory book of MAC2) :wacko:

:rolleyes:

MAC 2 is a poor example for merchantdising since the only official product i ever seen of it was the 1/100 scale VF-2SS w/SAP model kit. I personally never saw anything else (other than a Perfect Memory book of MAC2) :wacko:

:rolleyes:

There were two animation books for Macross 2, TIAS and an EB.

I agree that Bandai clearly dropped any plans for serious merchandizing of Mac 2 when it's popularity started going south, however, Mac 7 was the epitome of the Victor and Bandai merchandizing machines. Granted the Bandai releases were of poor quality, but there was certainly a lot of it floating around.

●4.23 坂本真綾ニューシングル「トライアングラー」

¥1,050

作曲 菅野よう子

1.トライアングラー

2.ことみち

3.トライアングラー(instrumental)

4.ことみち(instrumental)

●5.8 マクロスFrontier EDテーマ「ダイアモンド クレバス」

1155円

歌 シェリル・ノーム starring May'n

作曲 菅野よう子

1 ダイアモンド クレバス

2 射手座☆Don't be late

歌詞 佐藤大 hal マイク杉山

3 ダイアモンド クレバス(instrumental)

4 射手座☆Don't be late(instrumental)

菅野信者のサイトに載っていた

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/maaya/news/triangler.html

OP THEME: Triangler

by Maaya Sakamoto

ED THEME: Diamond crevasse

by Sheryl Norm, starring May'n

Edited by kresphy

Just noticed something while rewatching Macross II. At 46:16 at the culture park when they are showing the attack victims being airlifted to medical help the reporters Mic has NUNS on it. NUNS is also a tag on the right arm of the service uniforms in the some scenes of the OVA such as on Commander Exagrahms (spelling) arm but at other times the wording SPACY replaces it as can bee seen on Silvies arm at times. I am sure that was pure coincidence though.

Edited by Sorata

Just noticed something while rewatching Macross II. At 46:16 at the culture park when they are showing the attack victims being airlifted to medical help the reporters Mic has NUNS on it. NUNS is also a tag on the right arm of the service uniforms in the some scenes of the OVA such as on Commander Exagrahms (spelling) arm but at other times the wording SPACY replaces it as can bee seen on Silvies arm at times. I am sure that was pure coincidence though.

In the Mac 2 universe the original Spacy was reformed from the ashes after the war, hence the different kite design.

I noticed NUNS as well recently going through Macross II. But I didn't notice it as much on clothes as I did in the background of some shots. I say NUNS on the wall of a building in the latter part of the series.

●4.23 坂本真綾ニューシングル「トライアングラー」

¥1,050

作曲 菅野よう子

1.トライアングラー

2.ことみち

3.トライアングラー(instrumental)

4.ことみち(instrumental)

●5.8 マクロスFrontier EDテーマ「ダイアモンド クレバス」

1155円

歌 シェリル・ノーム starring May'n

作曲 菅野よう子

1 ダイアモンド クレバス

2 射手座☆Don't be late

歌詞 佐藤大 hal マイク杉山

3 ダイアモンド クレバス(instrumental)

4 射手座☆Don't be late(instrumental)

菅野信者のサイトに載っていた

And for people who can't read:

4/23/2008

"Triangular" by Maaya Sakamoto (composed by Yoko Kanno)

1,050 yen

1) Triangular

2) Kotomichi

3) Triangular (Instrumental)

4) Kotomichi (Instrumental)

5/8/2008

Macross Frontier Ending theme "Diamond Crevasse"

1,155 yen

1) Diamond Crevasse

2) Sagittarius ~ Don't be Late

Lyrics: Dai Sato, HAL, Mike Sugiyama

3) Diamond Crevasse (Instrumental)

4) Sagittarius ~ Don't be Late (Instrumental)

OP THEME: Triangler

by Maaya Sakamoto

You know, I think it's great that Maaya becomes part of the Macross franchise. She is one of the few seiyuus who is also well-known as a singer. Pretty much like Mari. In fact, at one time I had hoped Maaya will be cast as the lead singer role in a new Macross movie/series. Not to mention that she can still make her voices sound like a teenage girl (see her role as Haruhi Fujioka in Ouran High School Host Club). Also, AFAIK, Maaya has never been cast as a singer in her anime roles. Quite an irony to me.

Are you sure that wasn't supposed to be SNN?

You know, I think it's great that Maaya becomes part of the Macross franchise. She is one of the few seiyuus who is also well-known as a singer. Pretty much like Mari. In fact, at one time I had hoped Maaya will be cast as the lead singer role in a new Macross movie/series. Not to mention that she can still make her voices sound like a teenage girl (see her role as Haruhi Fujioka in Ouran High School Host Club). Also, AFAIK, Maaya has never been cast as a singer in her anime roles. Quite an irony to me.

I get the feeling that her price is a little too high these days for her to be both a main character and the singer of the OP/ED. Then again, Macross F seems to have a nearly-unlimited budget, so I guess they might be able to fit her in somewhere...

Usually the info comes from the interviews with the production staff. It's like a "Keeping Tabs" section in some entertainment magazines. It's common practice to have info trickle in like this in anime magazines.

Yeah you could look at it that way, but that's like watching E.T. and claiming that it's "true" because they interview people. It's silly really. I'll just chalk it up as another 'rumor' until it's confirmed in either an artbook or in the anime itself. :)

Ah the pareles(spl) of being a fan!! ^_^

SMS's captain Klein Klan who is micronized Meltrandi ( female Zentradi), her character-design in micronized has revealed at Wonder Festival Macross- F anime series P.V. movie.(#2-#4 edited)

She wear Queadlunn series female power armor.....but we don't know whether she wear (get on ??) orijinal size or mironized size.

post-1627-1204812592_thumb.jpg

Edited by yui1107

SMS's captain Klein Klan who is micronized Meltrandi ( female Zentradi), her character-design in micronized has revealed at Wonder Festival Macross- F anime series P.V. movie.(#2-#4 edited)

She wear Queadlunn series female power armor.....but we don't know whether she wear (get on ??) orijinal size or mironized size.

well that might explain the VF-14 "ish" variable fighter model we saw in the 25th Anniversary special.

The VF-14 was predominately used by Zentreadi fleets.

Who knows maybe we'll see an actual VF-14 or VF-141? B))

Release info and covers of the theme singles:

- Opening theme -

"Triangular"

Song: Maaya Sakamoto

Written by: Gabrieal Robin

Composition and arrangement: Yoko Kanno

(Additional Song)

Written by:: Maaya Sakamoto

Composition: Michiko Takada

VTCL-35024 \1,050 yen

pic02_01.jpg

- Ending theme -

"Diamond Crevasse"

Insertion song "Sagittarius, 9PM ~ Don't be late"

Song: Sheryl Nome starring May 'n

< Diamond Crevasse >

Written by: Hal

< Sagittarius, 9PM ~ Don't be late>

Written by: Dai Sato, HAL, Mike Sugiyama

Arrangement: Yoko Kanno

VTCL-35025 \1,155 yen

pic02_02.jpg

Those who have signed up for the OP theme via cellphone, it will be available March 5th - April 3rd, 2008. (Japanese cellphone users only)

- Opening theme -

"Triangular"

「トライアングラー」

is Triangler

Klan San is a cute girl in COMP ACE's Macross F COMICS

HAHAHAHAHA~~~~

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...4672&st=355

080227Klein01.jpg

Edited by kresphy

- Opening theme -

"Triangular"

Song: Maaya Sakamoto

Written by: Gabrieal Robin

Oh yes, I'm ordering one right away.

=======================================

080308, 1:56JST

new CV

モニカ・ラング(Monica Rang)

CV:田中理惠(Rei Tanaka)

S.M.S Macross 25 battleship's operator.

ラム・ホア(Lam Hoare)

CV:福原香織(Kaori Fukuhara)

ミーナ・ローシャン(Meena Roshan)

CV:平野綾(Aya Hirano)

クラン・クラン(Klein Klan)

S.M.S Pixie(ピクシー) Captain, Miclone(マイクローン) Zentraedi.

A cute girl, Ranka's classmate?

CV:?

エリエラ(Eliella)

New U.N. VF-171 force leader.

ミランダ(Miranda)

Entertainments department nice buddy.(芸能科のナイスバディ)

080227klein03.jpg

Edited by kresphy

Prepared to be overwhelmed.

1) Newtype

April's issue will have a 6-page article on MF. That month's DVD will also contain the karaoke for "Sagittarius, 9PM ~ Don 't be late" courtesy of JOYSOUND. In stores 3/10/2008.

2) VF-25 naming contest.

-Application period will be open from March 10th - April 20, 2008.

-Anyone with a cellphone may apply (Japanese cellphone users only). Applications will only be accepted via mobile phones through the mobile phone website.

-Applications must include Age, Gender, and Address/mobile phone number. Other rules may apply. All names entered into the contest will be property of Big West.

-Please do not make inquiries during the selection process.

-Winner will be announced in the May 10th issue of NewType Magazine (and possibly the June-released edition as well)

-Winner will receive an autographed VF-25 illustration from Shoji Kawamori with the name written on the illustration as well as a Macross Frontier T-shirt autographed by Kawamori.

- The winning entry will be it's official designation after the contest winner is announced.

3) Tokyo International Animation Fair 2008

Live show and special screening of Macross Frontier will be held on March 30th. Live performances of "Sagittarius, 9PM ~ Don 't be late". Megumi Nakashima will perform "Do You Remember Love?" live.

Tickets:

(Day of) Adults: 1000 Yen, children: 500 Yen

(Advance sales)Adults: 800 Yen, children: 400 Yen

4)Karaoke contest for "Sagittarius, 9PM ~ Don 't be late"

1st phase: March 10th - March 23 2008.

Top 50 pairs or 100 people will receive free tickets to the Tokyo International Animation Fair 2008.

2nd phase: April 1st-April 30th, 2008

Participants will receive a free Macross Frontier T-shirt.

More details here

5. The cream puffs..already mentioned.

Prepared to be overwhelmed.

1) Newtype

April's issue will have a 6-page article on MF. That month's DVD will also contain the karaoke for "Sagittarius, 9PM ~ Don 't be late" courtesy of JOYSOUND. In stores 3/10/2008.

2) VF-25 naming contest.

-Application period will be open from March 10th - April 20, 2008.

-Anyone with a cellphone may apply (Japanese cellphone users only)

-Applications must include Age, Gender, and Address. Other rules may apply. All names entered into the contest will be property of Big West.

-1st place winner and 2nd place winner will be announced in the May 10th issue of NewType Magazine (and possibly the June-released edition as well)

-1st place winner will receive an autographed VF-25 illustration from Shoji Kawamori with the name written on the illustration as well as a Macross Frontier T-shirt autographed by Kawamori.

- The winning entry will be it's official designation.

3) Tokyo International Animation Fair 2008

Live show and special screening of Macross Frontier will be held on March 30th. Live performances of "Sagittarius, 9PM ~ Don 't be late". Megumi Nakashima will perform "Do You Remember Love?" live.

Tickets:

(Day of) Adults: 1000 Yen, children: 500 Yen

(Advance sales)Adults: 800 Yen, children: 400 Yen

4)Karaoke contest for "Sagittarius, 9PM ~ Don 't be late"

1st phase: March 10th - March 23 2008.

Top 50 pairs or 100 people will receive free tickets to the Tokyo International Animation Fair 2008.

2nd phase: April 1st-April 30th, 2008

Participants will receive a free Macross Frontier T-shirt.

More details here

5. The cream puffs..already mentioned.

Yay, I subscribed to NewType Japan just in time! My first issue is the April one!! :lol:

Anyone know where I can get a Japanese cellphone? ^_^