My Yamato 1/48 VF-1S with fastpacks decalled...

wm cheng

haayyy *faints*. master cheng, i just dreamt about you. you were giving us a lesson about how to customize our yamato's as the same time video taping it....

everybody...WE WANT VIDEOS...WE WANT VIDEOS..WE WANT VIDEOS..WE WANT VIDEOS..WE WANT VIDEOS

HOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLYYYYYYY DDDAAAAAAAMMMMNNNN :o

This guy is too crazy............can i send my VF-1S to you ;)

That is one heella cool sweeet ass job wm cheng

hehehehehe "I gravel at your feet!"

Awesome work wm cheng :blink::D

Now the ultimate question : how much do you sell this sucker ? :lol::p

Incredible job!

So could you offer this as a 'Detail-Up' service for $75 or something? :)

Have to make sure Graham sends this post to Yamato so they can see how much of a difference detailing would add to their product(which I love already)

S

This reminds me of the pre production pictures Yamato had for the VF-1A Hikaru. But this one is 100 x better.

Master Cheng, how has this affected the playability? Do you feel like you can pick it up and transfor it anytime you want or would you rather have it displayed in one mode most of th time?

For the record, WM Cheng posted some stuff about whether he'd be willing to work on others' valks and pricing in his earlier thread where he showed off this VF-1S prior to adding the FAST Packs.

A few people have asked me to do this customizing. Well basically, I don't normally do this for anyone else, its kind of a passion of mine. However since I am not working at the moment  :(  and I do have some free time (and need cash  ;)  ), but its not cheap. Basically it takes two full days or so of full time work to get one of these babies up to par - the decals alone took 6 straight hours of work without breaks! Plus you need time to let the oil washes and clear coats dry - mask the canopy. Most people wouldn't/couldn't afford it, so its a labour of love - and I would recommend anyone to try it themselves - its most rewarding. That being said, if I were to do it, I would just charge my time (luckily when I do work I have a great rate, minus a substaintial bonus since I do love this stuff), probabily in the neighbourhood of $300usd or $500cdn + shipping (Valk and decals naturally not included). A props house would proabably charge twice that. Ah, if I don't get real work soon - I might do it for a new VF-1A Max with fast packs :p.

Keep in mind that the pricing above is talking about a valk without FAST Packs.

I hope WM Cheng doesn't mind me posting this here. But, then again, it's there in that thread for everyone to see.

Please don't construe this as any promise on WM Cheng's part. He may very well have changed his mind! ;)

H

For the record, WM Cheng posted some stuff about whether he'd be willing to work on others' valks and pricing in his earlier thread where he showed off this VF-1S prior to adding the FAST Packs.
A few people have asked me to do this customizing. Well basically, I don't normally do this for anyone else, its kind of a passion of mine. However since I am not working at the moment  :(  and I do have some free time (and need cash  ;)  ), but its not cheap. Basically it takes two full days or so of full time work to get one of these babies up to par - the decals alone took 6 straight hours of work without breaks! Plus you need time to let the oil washes and clear coats dry - mask the canopy. Most people wouldn't/couldn't afford it, so its a labour of love - and I would recommend anyone to try it themselves - its most rewarding. That being said, if I were to do it, I would just charge my time (luckily when I do work I have a great rate, minus a substaintial bonus since I do love this stuff), probabily in the neighbourhood of $300usd or $500cdn + shipping (Valk and decals naturally not included). A props house would proabably charge twice that. Ah, if I don't get real work soon - I might do it for a new VF-1A Max with fast packs :p.

Keep in mind that the pricing above is talking about a valk without FAST Packs.

I hope WM Cheng doesn't mind me posting this here. But, then again, it's there in that thread for everyone to see.

Please don't construe this as any promise on WM Cheng's part. He may very well have changed his mind! ;)

H

Understood and absorbed. Thanks for posting that Hurin. Hmmm, now I'm thinking I want that done.

Edited by Mr March

Sweet Merciful Crap! A Masterpiece!

The battroid mode looks awfully clean though considering the beaten up appearance of the FAST Packs.

But that is a minor, minor quibble with an absolute work of art! :)

H

Good job. Looks amazing with all the weathering.

One question, What is the proper position of the un. spacy on the gun?

One thing I don't like is the un. spacy on the gun being upside down. I prefer to put it so it can be read in battroid mode. In fighter mode is hard to see the gun underneath so it does not affect the appereance.