Macross 25th Anniversary TV Special thread *READ THE 1ST POST*

azrael

Rating  

298 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the TV special?

• Oh baby! I need new pants.
    • I need to see more or no comment.
    • Boring. Change the channel, NOW .

I think it's because his mates were obsessing over her, and not taking their routine seriously. If you were so determined to be a pilot and you get delegated to do that kind of job, it could be a bit frustrating.

If I remember correctly, he was the one that was folding paper aeroplanes.

I think Kawamori did a great job blending stuff from previous Macross Series. I thought we could start a list, if I'm missing any please feel free to add it and mention it too.

-How Michael and the others are imitating the flying of a plane with their hands ( Macross Plus, Isamu)

- The name of the restaurant Ranka works at is the same as Minmei not to mention she wears a chinese dress too (Macross)

Perhaps now is a franchise restaurant, it even has its own comercial, according to Ranka.

-Ranka's brother is the leader of the Skull squad (Macross, Macross Zero, Roy Focker) even the color of the two VF25 resemble of those of Roy an Hikaru (Macross DYRL)

-The entance of the school looks like the main gun of the SDF1 (Macross)

-The part where Alto flies over the city to catch the paper plane resembles of when Isamu was on the desert

(Macross Plus)

-Sheryl says listen to my song (Macross 7, Basara)

-The phone of Ranka, resembles our loved Gubaba ^_^, because of the fact that she carries it on her shoulder and under her hair and not because the way it looks (Macross 7)

-I'm not sure About this one, But I'll put it in and wait for someone to corrrect me if I'm wrong, but don't the marks on the red bug thing looked like the ones one the floating stones from Macross Zero?? (Macross Zero)

-At the end when Alto starts shooting like crazy, the frame of the Gervalk looks just like the one of Hikaru when he was with Minmei and he shot at the Zentraedi Pod with the trainning Valkirie in Gervalk Mode (Macross) I loved that frame and right after that the episode ended with yet another great touch like Oboete Imasu Ka (Macross DYRL)

I'm sure I'm missing some, please make you contibution to the list ^_^

Edited by Macross1982

isamu test pilot im in monterrey mexico, where did you see the first episode of macross frontier here in mexico, please tell me, ..........perdon olvide que podemos hablar en español :lol:

Hola compatriota, ya temande un PM con la info, it´s nice to see that there are more Mexicans in the MWF. Felices fiestas

translation

Hi compatriot, I just sent you a PM with the info, it´s nice to see that there are more Mexicans in the MWF, Happy holidays

Edited by Isamu test pilot

I thought I might want to bring this up, but in mac zero I remember something about man's destiny is within the stars maybe mac f is the conclusion of that, also

thought if you guys wanted to know when SMS get there scramble alert, thats boby's voice (I prob misspelled his name) but I got my sources, trust me on this one.

Nice 1st episode! My late comments:

Logo - "fRontier" almost looks like "fLontier". How appropriate. :lol:

Loved the background recap, the homages, and especially the ending theme (great touch!)

Also loved the combat sequence & music. Cool ghosts & super/armored VF-25s. Damn that transformation is fast. Perhaps it's the CG but it really does look unnatural for something of that mass to shift so quickly. Wonder if we'll see one jam in mid-transform. That super/armored VF-2S looks great, like a VF-0 mated with a B5 starfury. Almost as absurd/fun as a FAZZ or Ex-S Gundam (plus a gattling gunpod!) Bandai must love this.

How're NUNS/SMS supposed to take down the enemy mechs/bugs? They seem vastly superior. Red Leader kinda reminds me of a EVA-2/Destroyah/Mothra-hybrid. If these the peon mechs, NUNS is going to have their hands full.

Character designs: While I like Ranka, I'm not a fan of the style but it works. Maybe the designs will grow on me especially if they do a DYRF make-over. :)

Uh, what's the red tag hanging on Aruto's neck? Michael is part of SMS? Sheryl is part of the offense/defense (when Misa/Katherine whisks her away)?

Plot:

- it does seem like the bugs were after something and that they've encountered a prior expedition force

- the military was aware of something like this?

- maybe the Frontier will encounter the Galaxy or the Megaroad-01?

Looking forward to the next episode! :)

The Galaxy is a bit behind the Frontier, and the Megaroad-01 went nowhere near the galactic core. Kawamori is rewriting what little we know about the imigration fleets.

I don't know is NUNS was aware of the threat, but the SMS and certain parties aboard the Frontier certainly were.

Definitely makes a difference having an accomplished sub group doing the translation.

The SMS seems like they are some sort of elite air wing that reports directly to the colonial president and outside the jurisdiction of NUNS, that explains their authority over the military pilots. They are equiped with the latest state of the art fighter the VF-25 that is not known to have been deployed yet.

The fighter is clearly designed to use bolt on combat augmentation weaponry which explains why they were much more successful against the hammerheads and the red bio-mechas compared to the NUNS VF-171s with limited firepower.

The president was expecting an alien encounter which may correlate back to what was found when UNS examined the AFOS near Mayan Island. 2059 is one year after the information gathered at Mayan Island became declassified, so it is conceivable that the Frontier president had an idea that they were entering alien space.

The SMS seems to have trained for this in their "Victor" program, but it appears most of the pilots didn't expect to hear the "Victor" command coming from the president.

The only thing special about Sheryl at this point in the story is that the Frontier leadership would consider it a galactic incident if anything were to happen to M-Galaxy's pop idol aboard the Frontier (side note: it appears Sheryl is a strawberry blonde, hence the shifting of hair color between pink and blonde).

i just want to add that as a fan of macross and a big homo, i can't wait to see the first confirmed homosexual character in macross. i liked the little scandal in M7 with Basara and Gamlin, it was lulzy, but this has good potential. i just hope he isn't stereotypical gay, that is not cool. if he is gay and teases Ozma, all the better, lol. i like non-annoying gay characters.

man....after watching those bugs owning everyone except ozama (he kick'd so much ass), I was just thinking, If I was there piloting the newly vf-25 I would have saved the day, and Ranka too B)), I mean I do have the skills from all those ace combat sims I endlessly play. yhea I can so see it, dead ghost pushing the limits on his valk, killing off the bugs in outstanding areo maneuvers. hahahahah yhea I can daydream about it all day. ^_^

i just want to add that as a fan of macross and a big homo, i can't wait to see the first confirmed homosexual character in macross. i liked the little scandal in M7 with Basara and Gamlin, it was lulzy, but this has good potential. i just hope he isn't stereotypical gay, that is not cool. if he is gay and teases Ozma, all the better, lol. i like non-annoying gay characters.

First time? I thought MII had a gay character in it?

I think Kawamori did a great job blending stuff from previous Macross Series. I thought we could start a list, if I'm missing any please feel free to add it and mention it too.

- The name of the restaurant Ranka works at is the same as Minmei not to mention she wears a chinese dress too (Macross)

Perhaps now is a franchise restaurant, it even has its own comercial, according to Ranka.

I'm sure I'm missing some, please make you contibution to the list ^_^

good list.

what about Sheryl's hologram-suit -- similar to Hikaru and Minmay's little adventure? the place where they jump around the different platforms and get dressed up?

BTW, after the SW1, the Nyan Nyan restaurant was succeeded by Yo-chan (the little boy neighbour of Minmay from 1st ep of the very first macross), and Yo-chan expanded it into a chain-restaurant found on Earth and many (all?) migration cities. Which explains why Nyan Nyan is found on MF too. Love that chinese Qi-Pao dress :p

good list.

what about Sheryl's hologram-suit -- similar to Hikaru and Minmay's little adventure? the place where they jump around the different platforms and get dressed up?

BTW, after the SW1, the Nyan Nyan restaurant was succeeded by Yo-chan (the little boy neighbour of Minmay from 1st ep of the very first macross), and Yo-chan expanded it into a chain-restaurant found on Earth and many (all?) migration cities. Which explains why Nyan Nyan is found on MF too. Love that chinese Qi-Pao dress :p

If only we can put this much effort into research and information observation into our school work study's and work...............YHEA LIKE THATS EVER GOING TO HAPPEN :lol: :lol:

good list.

If only we can put this much effort into research and information observation into our school work study's and work...............YHEA LIKE THATS EVER GOING TO HAPPEN :lol: :lol:

good list.

good list.

sorry kensie my net connection spikes up on me, and this always happens, I am so sorry, MODS A LITTLE HELP DELETING THE EXTRA POSTS.

that's 4 for 1!!~~haha... :lol:

the message board's lagging on me too. hmm i thought it was my local isp's problem

anyway, Sheryl's name is spelled Sheril ? notice the spelling on the fans' t-shirts etc... but then the adverts and posters spell it as Sheryl... :unsure:

and i guess the monsters are attracted to the "song energy" / spiritia of Sheryl and Ranka. but are they trying to kill them or try to obtain spiritia from them? :unsure: too early to tell, but i hope there will be more twists... perhaps encounter with PC or SA... ^_^

Edited by Shun

New Macross class ships use the designator NCV not NEW. The hull number for the M-Frontier is NCV-025 and the M-Galaxy's is NCV-021. Please see attached screen capture beow:

Good catch! I had to screencap witm WMplayer, and it wasn't at all easy.

As for Macross references, did anyone notice the VF1 on the school "bridge" and as school logo? (if it was already posted, please forgive me, but after the Christmas dinner I feel sooooo lazy ^_^ ). And there are definitely Macross Class (maybe transformable) ships in the fleet (see first thumbnail, top right). By seeing how small it seems this macross class ship, it appears that the city itself is sooo much bigger if compared to City 7 from Macross 7 (that, if you remember, had many skyscrapers and buildings that were "outside" the dome).

post-6533-1198662597_thumb.jpg

post-6533-1198662831_thumb.jpg

post-6533-1198663871_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nexx Stalker

I just had a scary thought. What if the bad guys turn out to be an Anti-U.N. group who escaped Earth before the Zentradi trashed it. And their technology is nothing more than what they were able to backwards engineer from the AFOS...damn that'd be a weak plot twist.

I just had a scary thought. What if the bad guys turn out to be an Anti-U.N. group who escaped Earth before the Zentradi trashed it. And their technology is nothing more than what they were able to backwards engineer from the AFOS...damn that'd be a weak plot twist.

:huh: SORRY dont see it happening, if anything it has to do with protoculter or something beyond that.

Edited by deadghost