Macross 25th Anniversary TV Special thread *READ THE 1ST POST*

azrael

Rating  

298 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the TV special?

• Oh baby! I need new pants.
    • I need to see more or no comment.
    • Boring. Change the channel, NOW .

Looking at it again and again there are certainly lots of biological aspects to the "Bugs" but there are so many obvious mechanical ones too. I doubt that it could be just a monster wearing a mechanical exoskeleton (I will probably be wrong on that one), but the fact that it also had some "transforming" capablilties made it interesting as well.

With the wings extended in the flight mode it looked exactly like one of the flying bugs from the Starship Troopers film. I would not be too surprised to see a closer tie-in to some of the new mythology that was introduced in Macross Zero. As others have noted, the red bugs are covered in patterns similar to what was seen on the Mayan islands.

Maybe instead of learning the fate of Hikaru and Misa, we might instead find out about the fate of Shin and Sara? It would still be interesting.

The countdown to April continues.....

Taksraven

If you mean this one:

No, this is not from the 25th anniversary concert. This is one year earlier (2006) in Shibuya Club Quattro. In fact, this clip is one she has had up on youtube herself for a while but seems to have taken down recently.

Edit: Hey what?? Since when can't you post links? Where did it go?

Edited by Renato

• 4 weeks later...

hi everyone. LONG time macross fan. but just signed up for the forum. That 1st episode of frontier was fracking awesome!!! a friend of mine who has only seen macross plus out of the entire franchise suggested that it feels just like macross plus, but he couldn't be more wrong!!this feels like SDF Macross all over again! a celebration aboard a city, a sudden surprise attack by unknown aliens, the humans don't know how to stop the attack, a singing idol, and a NyanNyan restaurant!! and to top it off, the protagonist (i assume it's alto), a civilian, jumps into a valkyrie and shoots the alien. much like Hikaru at the start of the original series! and the ending song! wow. what a fitting homage to the old macross. this is what i've been waiting for for so looong!

i know this has probably been answered already, but the thread is alreasy long and i already have to get back to work. but do you suppose the macross frontier fleet was sent to the center of the galaxy precisely to find out what happened to megaroad 1? and that they were expecting some kind of alien attack as they neared the center of the galaxy?

if so, this could probably where we find out (finally!) what happened to the original macross gang aboard the megaroad. a cameo appearance by our favorite characters, perhaps (hey, i'm not counting shin and sara out)?

and is there any news as to the relationship between Alto and sheryll nome? they seem to know each other. are they related? and i wonder if any of the other characters have any relation to any of the characters from SDF Macross series.

and as i'm writing this (wow, i am such an idiot for taking this long) i just realized that sheryl nome shares the SAME last name with sara and mao nome from macross zero, so most likely related.maybe this is indeed where we see what happened to everyone from zero and from SDF macross. wow.

Oh well, enough of these speculations, i might just end up disappointing myself. haha. i can't wait for the continuation of this series. as someone already said in this thread, this is a GREAT time to be a macross fan!! :)

hi everyone. LONG time macross fan. but just signed up for the forum. That 1st episode of frontier was fracking awesome!!! a friend of mine who has only seen macross plus out of the entire franchise suggested that it feels just like macross plus, but he couldn't be more wrong!!this feels like SDF Macross all over again! a celebration aboard a city, a sudden surprise attack by unknown aliens, the humans don't know how to stop the attack, a singing idol, and a NyanNyan restaurant!! and to top it off, the protagonist (i assume it's alto), a civilian, jumps into a valkyrie and shoots the alien. much like Hikaru at the start of the original series! and the ending song! wow. what a fitting homage to the old macross. this is what i've been waiting for for so looong!

i know this has probably been answered already, but the thread is alreasy long and i already have to get back to work. but do you suppose the macross frontier fleet was sent to the center of the galaxy precisely to find out what happened to megaroad 1? and that they were expecting some kind of alien attack as they neared the center of the galaxy?

if so, this could probably where we find out (finally!) what happened to the original macross gang aboard the megaroad. a cameo appearance by our favorite characters, perhaps (hey, i'm not counting shin and sara out)?

and is there any news as to the relationship between Alto and sheryll nome? they seem to know each other. are they related? and i wonder if any of the other characters have any relation to any of the characters from SDF Macross series.

and as i'm writing this (wow, i am such an idiot for taking this long) i just realized that sheryl nome shares the SAME last name with sara and mao nome from macross zero, so most likely related.maybe this is indeed where we see what happened to everyone from zero and from SDF macross. wow.

Oh well, enough of these speculations, i might just end up disappointing myself. haha. i can't wait for the continuation of this series. as someone already said in this thread, this is a GREAT time to be a macross fan!! :)

It is doubtful that Frontier is on a SAR mission for the Megaroad 01 fleet, however it has been speculated that it may be following the same course, and that is why the President and the SMS were expecting "something" to intercept them.

Will the Megaroad question be answered? Perhaps. If it is, be prepared for more questions than answers by the end...

At this point we don't know if Sheryl is a decendant of Mao or the Nome family from Macross Zero, only time will tell.

If you check out the Manga threads it seems clear that Alto and Sheryl first met at her concert, where Alto flew as part of the show.

Edited by Zinjo

It is doubtful that Frontier is on a SAR mission for the Megaroad 01 fleet, however it has been speculated that it may be following the same course, and that is why the President and the SMS were expecting "something" to intercept them.

Re-watch the opening colony sequence, the Megaroad-01 is nowhere near the galactic core or the Frontier. As of 2031:

post-1088-1206716193_thumb.png

That screenshot is full of inaccuracies, and at best should be taken as a message saying "ooh, human fleets have been launching since 2012, and there are two of them close to the galactic core in 2059!". After that, just about everything in that graphic can be questioned.

Anyway, lots of us were around in 1995 when Macross 7 premiered, and I recall a lot of people wondering if the Varauta were related to the fates of Hikaru, Misa & Minmay. Didn't happen then, and I don't expect it to happen now IMO. Bring on AFOS. :)

Mark

That screenshot is full of inaccuracies, and at best should be taken as a message saying "ooh, human fleets have been launching since 2012, and there are two of them close to the galactic core in 2059!". After that, just about everything in that graphic can be questioned.

Except we're talking about the 01.

Re-watch the opening colony sequence, the Megaroad-01 is nowhere near the galactic core or the Frontier. As of 2031:

post-1088-1206716193_thumb.png

Hmm, either it's retcon or that shot is early in the fleets' courses. If you notice Frontier begins to arc toward Megaroad futher up, if the course lines are any indicator.

However, it is a bit odd, that the Megaroad's course isn't more of a "b-line" to the galactic core considering that is where it was "supposed" to be going....

Edited by Zinjo

It would kind of stink if they changed the fact from it having disappeared near the center of the Milky Way Galaxy. Although they could have swung down and then back up and around at some point.

It would kind of stink if they changed the fact from it having disappeared near the center of the Milky Way Galaxy. Although they could have swung down and then back up and around at some point.

Ah, but watch that sequence again. Not only is it not going in that direction, its nowhere near the Frontier and Galaxy.

"Megaroad-01's communications cease near the center of the Milky Way Galaxy."

I think, for the sake of this story, they retconned its fate.

Ah, but watch that sequence again. Not only is it not going in that direction, its nowhere near the Frontier and Galaxy.

"Megaroad-01's communications cease near the center of the Milky Way Galaxy."

I think, for the sake of this story, they retconned its fate.

Keep in mind that the recap sequence also shows all the fleets leaving at the same time. One must be wary of selective canonizing...

Besides, if the show does delve into the mystery of the Megaroad 01 fate, the last thing any director would want to do is reveal the surprise in the recap sequence of the first episode... :p We'll have to see how things play out I expect.

Giving you guys a heads up.

The Macross 25th Annviersary Concert clips are up on youtube. So far I only found Dynamite Explosion and Seventh Moon by Yoshiki Fukuyama segments of it. Well since i can't post links, you guys know what to do. ;)

PS: I used "macross 25th concert" as the search string.

thanks for the heads up wolfx. Any word on whether or not the full concert's coming to dvd? Damn I wanna see it so bad, but not in some crappy youtube quality :(

• 3 weeks later...
Rapidshare links on Macrosshare.blogspot.com, dunno about any torrents. Be advised that that one is the TBS cut version. The MBS version which aired in Kansai contains extra footage of Satelight, Bandai's VF-25 prototypes and IAD's (member here) radio-controlled SV-51. I asked my friend to record it ages ago so I hope the file is still on his hard drive. If so maybe we can upload it somewhere.

I'm typing this for the second time because of stupid computorzz. I apologize if it sounds too direct and rude.

Thanks for your reply. I got fed up with download limits on Rapidshare and had another look for torrents, found the Macross Frontier TBS TV Special on isohunt.

According to the rules of this thread I`m not allowed to give links to torrents but just search for Macross Special on isohunt and a torrent will come up.

Edited by MilSpex