Macross 25th Anniversary TV Special thread *READ THE 1ST POST*

azrael

Rating  

298 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the TV special?

• Oh baby! I need new pants.
    • I need to see more or no comment.
    • Boring. Change the channel, NOW .

This is the same canon universe.

No its not, Keith. As I posted earlier:

We clearly have some heavy retcon going on. Going over the colonization sequence, the Megaroad-04 is shown settling Eden in 2013, though the Compendium has it being settled by the -01 in 2013, atleast a year before the -04 was even launched. Also, the Compendium states that in 2016 "Megaroad-01's communications cease near the center of the Milky Way Galaxy." During the sequence, at that time it is shown to be on the opposite side of the Earth, away from the galactic core. By 2034 it can be seen heading off to parts unknown, but not toward the core.

I wonder who the heck is the 1 person so far who voted boring? How any Macross fan could find that pilot episode boring is completely beyond me.

Aren't you the admin here who can look up the logs? :ph34r:

Well hopefully a better sub will come out later, with proper HD encode. The speed sub is rather random at some places.

A rather standard openning of sci-fi mecha anime - boy meet girl(s), dream about flying, and by chance hop into a new mecha in combat against new enemy that looks uber strong and has some unknown motive. Well we will see how it goes from there. Great visual and direction. Will they be able to keep it up for a TV series budget?

No its not, Keith. As I posted earlier:

We clearly have some heavy retcon going on. Going over the colonization sequence, the Megaroad-04 is shown settling Eden in 2013, though the Compendium has it being settled by the -01 in 2013, atleast a year before the -04 was even launched. Also, the Compendium states that in 2016 "Megaroad-01's communications cease near the center of the Milky Way Galaxy." During the sequence, at that time it is shown to be on the opposite side of the Earth, away from the galactic core. By 2034 it can be seen heading off to parts unknown, but not toward the core.

Considering that most of what little Megaroad info we had came from the DYRL video game, fleshing out more in an actual series is more a practice of finally taking the time to fill in the gaps, and less retconning. I'll take anime canon over videogame canon anyday. The fact that Kawamori is finally taking the time to show the Megaroad 01's fate may me we will get a definate answer on the matter. Up until now, all of this had to be pieced together from vague resources, but now we are getting something firm to go by.

Edited by Keith

Is it just me, or does Sheryl come off as a total spoiled b-i-t-c-h in this first episode?

Upon re-watching the episode, YES she does seem like a spoiled b-i-t-c-h with the way she talks to the "Blue Dancer." :-)

Also Anybody notice that Mikhail has the Blue trimmings on his suit AND wears glasses. Hmm....... Max 2.0??? I bet he even has a sweet ride colored Blue.

Anybody have an idea how long this series will be? 24? 50? :-|

Edited by grss1982

really Awesome ! effects!

the only thing i don't like was those characters! I don't want school boy or school girls in macross......>_<...............

and why that school boy jump in a VF and operate it without training AGAIN? (i saw the same thing in M:Zero i think....)

With the VF-171s being fairly established as the new CF-1s. Is it safe to assume that the VF-19 and the VF-22 are going to make an appearance?

I certainly hope anf prey that they won't be another bunch of CFs. <_<

@BeterHans: Actually the guy in Mac Zero was not a school boy. He was an F-14 pilot with several confirmed kills. :-)

Edited by grss1982

Whoever said that Ranka seems a bit young is forgetting that Minmay was only 15 at the beginning of Macross. Misa and Hikaru weren't a whole lot older either.

And as for Sheryl being a b*tch, I remember a certain female bridge officer in Macross TV and DYRL being way more b*tchy in her introduction in comparison.

So really, it's par for par.

Just watched it this morning before passing out from lack of sleep. All I can say is...

THAT WAS AWESOME!!! :D

Now I want to travel forward in time so I can watch the rest of the series. Now to go build a time machine.... :p

The new unmanned fighters are not AIF-9s, but AIF-7S or AIF-75 (?) .

It is unclear if 'Orc' is the name of the unit/squadron (probably) or the model name or unofficial designation of the unmanned craft,

They are different from the AIF-9. Two ventral fins as opposed to the AIF-9's single ventral fin. It has an additional over-nose sensor pod (like the QF-2001's and the QF-2200 figure's), more side fairings.... different super packs.

BTW, the YouTube video's subs are horrible. LOL

But Macross F is purely freaking awesome! So much new Mecha info.... and then there are Sheryl's boobies ^_^ Mmmmm...

*AHEM* As I figured from the start, there were Super Packs and Protect Armor for the VF-25 as shown in the commercial.

The armored VF-25 reminds me a lot of the VFS-2 Star Child concept, in fighter mode at least.

Did anyone notice the AMRAAM II -esque and Sparrow -esque missiles mounted under the VF-171's wings? The pod has 6 tubes. Yum yum!

New ship Hull numbers:

Macross Frontier (Battle 25 + Macross Quarter + Frontier) is NCV-025. The designator (SDF) is used for the Macross and Megaroad classes. I guess that makes the Macross 7 (NCV-007). Is this more cross-pollination (ala NCC-1701)? ; ) : P

So, the New Macross class designated with (NCV), the Bolognese [can't make out class name but it is given] stealth frigate with (FFM), Guantánamo class with (ARMD/CV/CVR), and Uraga class [or similar] with (CV/CVS)

See:

http://www.macrossmecha.info/fs/uraga-class/ *

http://www.macrossmecha.info/fs/guantánamo-class/

http://www.macrossmecha.info/fs/bolognese-class/ *

*Unconfirmed class named. Pages are working. URLs may change.

The only blooper I found was during the CIC 2D computer display animation of the unmanned fighter interception. Both a Guantánamo Class Rakuyou (CVR-670) and a Uraga-class (CVS-670) were depicted-- both within the Frontier fleet... that's probably an error.

www.macrossmecha.info

I just saw episode 1. Seiyan's subbing. Kudos to them.

-- X-9 Ghosts or something similar are in use??? I thought they were cancelled in favor of VFs???

But overall, a fantastic first episode. Really loved it. :-)

@moderators: I hope it's not a problem that I included in my sig a link to the 1st Episode of MF. :mellow:

Read the first post of this thread:

File requests and offers of any kind are not permitted anywhere on the forum beyond this post. This includes, but is not limited to BitTorrent files/links, YouTube or related video-sharing site links, Rapidshare/Megaupload/etc. links, etc.. We will provide download locations for you. Any user-post in violation of this rule will be deleted without notice. Repeated offenses may result in a ban.

I have already spanked 2 members. 3rd one gets a ban.

Links are in the first post. It is up to you people to go to those sites and get it.

Awesome first episode. Reminds me so much of the original Macross, even with Ranka working at the chinese restaurant.

I know I probably shouldn't say this, but I couldn't help compare this to Robotech shadow chronicles. In a fraction of the production time, and with much less fanfare, this team did with 26-27 minutes:

1. more and better action, it's actually quite gripping and timed well to the music

2. more character personality (heck, I'd be happy if the characters all didn't share the same perfect bodies). The lead character doesn't have Superman's biceps or Batman's abs!

3. a clear investment in music

4. actual mecha design instead of a rehash from Mospeada

As someone who actually bought the Shadow Chronicles DVD despite the warnings (and partly due to a childhood fascination), Robotech SC is a piece of crap compared to this. It really shouldn't even be mentioned in the same thread, and I don't want to start any tangents in this thread either, but I am so happy this show was made despite earlier misgivings I had when hearing the plot, and thinking there might not be much life left after watching Macross 0 and Robotech SC.

Paused the screen to try to catch some names :p

Macross25 NCV-025 (Battle module)

Frontier 025 (City module)

Pinpoint Barrier Systems on Frontier city

Starboard 'pill' is Island2 057

Port side 'pill' is Island3 058

Bolognese(?) Class Stealth Frigate (firepower-enhanced?) [cyan colored on sim screen]

Glendale FFM-805

Century 796

Amagi 860

Arc Broom 832(?)

BlueWhale 866

Eden 810

Starline 8?4

Guantánamo class Aircraft Carrier [green colored on sim screen]

Clark2

Belleauwood 699

Kaga CVR-663

Rakuyou 670

Uraga(?) class Carrier [violet colored on sim screen]

Rakuyou CVS-670

Velagulf CVS-707

Fahrion 720

Vandeglift 761

Ghosts-type AI fighters

ORG3 AIF7S-:36520

ORG4 AIF7S-

ORG5 AIF7S-:36533

ORG6

*looks more like ORG than ORC to me?

Notice Rakuyou 670 appears twice.

Obviously there are many more in the background... can't see either too small, blurry or blocked. Looks like most if not all the ships are similar to M7's. interesting how some names are referenced to real ships. :p

Ok... i was too free XD

p.s. turns out nanashino was doing the same lol... :ph34r:

Edited by Shun

Finally found the time to watch it and I love it!

Only problem I have with it is the scene when the VF-25 pilots are called out to fight the bugs. I noticed to animation in that scene to be really sub-par.

vlcsnap45816kn6.th.jpg

That's just bad drawing there.

Other than that, it was great!

I can just imagine the peeps over at Robotech.com watching this and going: Macross gets this and we wait all those years and get Shadow Chronicles? :blink::huh::mellow::(

:lol: :lol: :lol:

WOW!!!!

HOLY Sh*#!!!!

I just watched the first episode and am in love!!!!

This was better than I thought it would be.

The animation, the Mecha, the story (so far), the music, everything.

I never thought this would happen. I had some idea that Macross Zero would be the end of macross and I am so glad that I was wrong.

This just kicks major ass!!!!!

Thank you Kawamori and Bandai and everyone involved! Keep up the great work!!!

Beat you to it. : P

www.macrossmecha.info

Paused the screen to try to catch some names :p

Macross25 NCV-025 (Battle module)

Frontier 025 (City module)

Pinpoint Barrier Systems on Frontier city

Starboard 'pill' is Island2 057

Port side 'pill' is Island3 058

??? class ??? frigates (firepower-enhanced Bolognese Class Stealth Frigate?) [cyan colored on sim screen]

Glendale FFM-805 (top)

Century 796 (front)

Amagi 860

Arc Broom 832(?)

BlueWhale 866

Eden 810

Starline 8?4

Guantánamo class Aircraft Carrier [green colored on sim screen]

Clark2

Belleauwood 699

Kaga CVR-663

Rakuyou 670

Uraga(?) class Carrier [violet colored on sim screen]

Rakuyou CVS-670

Velagulf CVS-707

Fahrion 720

Vandeglift 761

Ghosts-type AI fighters

ORG3 AIF7S-:36520

ORG4 AIF7S-

ORG5 AIF7S-:36533

ORG6

Notice Rakuyou 670 appears twice.

Obviously there are many more in the background... can't see either too small, blurry or blocked. Looks like most if not all the ships are similar to M7's. interesting how some names are referenced to real ships. :p

Ok... i was too free XD

really Awesome ! effects!

the only thing i don't like was those characters! I don't want school boy or school girls in macross......>_<...............

and why that school boy jump in a VF and operate it without training AGAIN? (i saw the same thing in M:Zero i think....)

Wasn't zero twas the original macross where hikaru a circus pilot jumps in one with no experience :p

Those tentacle-things that people were saying were AFOS-like are actually some sort of organic ordance that explodes into a mass of tentacles.

Freeze 18:44-18:45 to see the yellow alien mech drop them in front of the pursuing VF-25.

Pretty neat and unorthodox.

Also of note is that the aliens seem to know exactly how to counter unpiloted Ghost drones and went straight for jamming.

Absolutely spectacular! This has by far, exceeded my expectations and blew me away, wanting more! The orchestrated music was simply awesome. Very epic, very fitting and the dance/electronic music, despite being overdone to a point of it being annoying to hear, is actually pretty darn good!

It would be a crime for Yamato to NOT make and release a VF-25 with all the extras and armor it has. That thing is a beauty, and is currently my favorite Valk. No other toy company can do these mecha designs justice.

MORE PLEASE..

Those tentacle-things that people were saying were AFOS-like are actually some sort of organic ordance that explodes into a mass of tentacles.

Freeze 18:44-18:45 to see the yellow alien mech drop them in front of the pursuing VF-25.

Pretty neat and unorthodox.

Also of note is that the aliens seem to know exactly how to counter unpiloted Ghost drones and went straight for jamming.

i think its like chaffs? anti-missiles.

seems to work really well.

@ nanashino - heheh i was pausing the screen for hours trying to get the names right.

BTW i can't read your website?? its blank :unsure:

NCV vs NCC:

I don't think there's any link. NCC is the general registry number prefix for all Fed. fleet ships in Trek, regardless of class or type. Whereas NCV in MF is specific to the New Macross Class possibly, or at least only the largest, most modern carriers.

Macross ships have generally followed US designations pretty closely--FFG, CV, CVS, etc. NCV doesn't make much sense, adding a prefix to "CV". But CVN's already taken. But then again, CVS has been used in real life but is now obsolete.

In summary: In Trek, NCC (taken from the US's old NC) indicates "country of origin"--or actually, planet or federation of origin. :) In Macross, NCV indicates type of ship. (Trek's numbering system is really messed up, it makes no sense at all and is basically worthless for classification---any other show does a better job) Macross's does quite well.

It would be a crime for Yamato to NOT make and release a VF-25 with all the extras and armor it has. That thing is a beauty, and is currently my favorite Valk. No other toy company can do these mecha designs justice.

Agreed. I am in love with this mecha. Kawamori at his best! Now lets see it Yamato!

Actually the Compendium is correct.

The sequence shows the date on Eden changing to 2013 when Megaroad 04 hit it. Megaroad-01 is not listed as discovering Eden. Also, the map could have been showing projected flight plans.

Actually the Compendium is correct.

The sequence shows the date on Eden changing to 2013 when Megaroad 04 hit it. Megaroad-01 is not listed as discovering Eden. Also, the map could have been showing projected flight plans.

The problem is that the Megaroad-04 hadn't launched at that point:

2014 Admiral Bruno J. Global's installment as U.N. Government representative. Launches of the second and third super-long-distance colonization fleet (Megaroad-02 and -03 ships). Hereafter, super-long-distance colonization fleets are routinely launched.

Speaking of the Compendium, where did Egan go?

Edited by Duke Togo